HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

NYR/Atlanta (Kovalchuk)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-28-2009, 11:52 AM
  #26
captain9nyr
@captain9nyr
 
captain9nyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hammonton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 938
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to captain9nyr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diskothek View Post
To ATL:

Blair Betts
Chris Drury
Brandon Dubinsky
Scott Gomez
Lauri Korpikoski
Mark Bell
Nigel Dawes
Markus Naslund
Petr Prucha
Ryan Callahan
Colton Orr
Fredrik Sjostrom
Dan Girardi
Dmitri Kalinin
Paul Mara
Wade Redden
Erik Reitz
Michal Rozsival
Marc Staal
Henrik Lundqvist
Stephen Valiquette

To NYR:

Ilya Kovalchuk

Maybe if you take Redden out. I don't think Atlanta would want his contract.

captain9nyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 11:55 AM
  #27
Magnus Fulgur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 7,354
vCash: 500
Wow. That is massive overpayment, but it's refreshing to see after the Lehtonen and Kovalchuk for King Henrik proposal.

I would think Dubinsky, Zherdev, and a pick would be enough!

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 12:05 PM
  #28
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotRock View Post
Maybe it is a slight overpayment, but NYR fans have a thing about overvaluing their players
NYR fans also have a thing about wanting other teams superstars, as though getting that one player will solve all our problems. They also have a thing about ignoring the salary cap.

4 young roster players, one of our top prospects and 1st and 2nd round picks? It's much more than a slight overpayment. What exactly do you expect Kovy to do for us? Kovulchuk has made the playoffs only once, despite playing with first Heatley and then Hossa. And look at Pittsburgh. They have Crosby and Malkin, yet are struggling to make the playoffs.

Having superstars is great, but it means nothing if you don't have the players around them.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 12:10 PM
  #29
TheHotRock
Registered User
 
TheHotRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: nyc
Country: United States
Posts: 2,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
NYR fans also have a thing about wanting other teams superstars, as though getting that one player will solve all our problems. They also have a thing about ignoring the salary cap.

4 young roster players, one of our top prospects and 1st and 2nd round picks? It's much more than a slight overpayment. What exactly do you expect Kovy to do for us? Kovulchuk has made the playoffs only once, despite playing with first Heatley and then Hossa. And look at Pittsburgh. They have Crosby and Malkin, yet are struggling to make the playoffs.

Having superstars is great, but it means nothing if you don't have the players around them.
but we'd still have plenty of players around him. we can afford to lose dubinsky with anisimov ready to step up. dawes is useless. Kovalchuk takes zherdev's spot on the top line and our defense would still be solid without girardi. Oh yea, we still have lundqvist in goal. and how am i ignoring the cap. add up the numbers...they fit at this point in the season.

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 12:15 PM
  #30
NYR MacTruck
Registered User
 
NYR MacTruck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 380
vCash: 500
worst idea ever

we need defense.

NYR MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 12:21 PM
  #31
spanky8992
Registered User
 
spanky8992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 82
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to spanky8992
Those no point of trading away 3 or 4 players that can help us in the future.

spanky8992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 12:44 PM
  #32
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope
 
EvilCorporateLawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 75,161
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckhead94 View Post
Maybe if you take Redden out. I don't think Atlanta would want his contract.
I would keep him anyway if he keeps up his play of the last two months (and the last two games, especially, where he has been downright DOMINATING).

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 01:27 PM
  #33
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,876
vCash: 500
If the Rangers could manage to move Gomez (+) somewhere for a decent winger... nothing special, just someone who could fill a spot on the 2nd/3rd line than I would think that a package like:


Zherdev
Dawes
Del Zotto
Grachev/Anisimov
1st in 09
1st in 10 (if Kovy signs with the Rangers)

Should get it done?

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 01:44 PM
  #34
Legs Feed the Wolf
Registered User
 
Legs Feed the Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 269
vCash: 500
are u out of your mind

Legs Feed the Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 03:01 PM
  #35
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotRock View Post
but we'd still have plenty of players around him. we can afford to lose dubinsky with anisimov ready to step up. dawes is useless. Kovalchuk takes zherdev's spot on the top line and our defense would still be solid without girardi. Oh yea, we still have lundqvist in goal. and how am i ignoring the cap. add up the numbers...they fit at this point in the season.
Kovy's cap hit is 6,389,260 this year and next. Zherdev's cap his is 2,500,000. If my math is right, then with 19 games left Kovy would be a cap hit of 1,480,438 and we would lose Zherdev's cap hit of 579,268. So the net cap hit would be 901,170, which I think we can afford this year.

But then you have to pay the people who are taking the place of Dubi, Girardi and Dawes. They don't make a whole lot, so it wouldn't amount to much, but we may not have enough to cover it. And if there are any injuries, then what?

Even if it fits this year, what about next year? We'd be carrying Lundy, Gomez, Drury, Redden, Kovy and Rozy all make 5+ million. Korpikoski, Sjostrom and Callahan will all be RFAs next year, and Staal the year after. And don't forget that Kovy's contract is up after next year. Where's the money coming from to resign them? We need to shed our big contracts, not take on more.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 03:11 PM
  #36
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth
 
Rhodes 81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 12,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diskothek View Post
To ATL:

Blair Betts
Chris Drury
Brandon Dubinsky
Scott Gomez
Lauri Korpikoski
Mark Bell
Nigel Dawes
Markus Naslund
Petr Prucha
Ryan Callahan
Colton Orr
Fredrik Sjostrom
Dan Girardi
Dmitri Kalinin
Paul Mara
Wade Redden
Erik Reitz
Michal Rozsival
Marc Staal
Henrik Lundqvist
Stephen Valiquette

To NYR:

Ilya Kovalchuk

sure

we'll even throw in perrin and a skate sharpener

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 03:36 PM
  #37
Mattias
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,026
vCash: 500
Even though this trade doesn't work, I really like seeing a kovy overpayment instead of a 'spare parts' kind of trade. Great attempt thread creator!

Mattias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 03:39 PM
  #38
shadow1
Registered User
 
shadow1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 11,533
vCash: 500
Sather, is that you?

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 09:28 PM
  #39
KingJet*
Welcome Back
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,651
vCash: 500
WOW, you really overdid it

KingJet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.