HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

Hart Scenario

View Poll Results: Who get's the Hart with the following Scenario
Ovechkin 59 60.82%
Malkin 38 39.18%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-01-2009, 08:46 PM
r0bert8841

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to r0bert8841
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskyoil View Post
There is no excuse for not finishing in the Top 4 of your division if you have 2 of the worlds top 5 players.

The Pens without Malkin should be able to hit 8th seed at least.

Ovechkin unless Malkin outscores him by 20.
but but.. no wingers

r0bert8841 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 09:03 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Well, I think there are more valuable players to their team, who are going to end up having very good years, besides Ovechkin. But some of those players are on teams that (in all likelyhood) won't make the playoffs. And typically that excludes players (for some reason) from actual contention. Some still make it to the ballot, but none get real consideration because "if they're that important and that good, they should have gotten their team to the playoffs"... or some weird logic like that.

Gotta say, among the prospective playoff teams, no one makes their team as great as Ovechkin does. He may benefit from having a whole line of talented players plus a Mike Green (who is looking like Paul Coffey this year), but Jose Theodore is looking at his 24-12 record, and Brent Johnson at his 12-6, and they know exactly whom to thank.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 09:37 PM
Cruiser008

Tough to say... Washington has had a better supporting cast this season than Pittsburgh.

Cruiser008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 09:41 PM
Syrinx
Heh...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0bert8841 View Post
Thats because it is rediculous to put malkin the selke conversation. Takeaways arent everything their is to defense (and hes not first in minutes per takeaway). Try watching some of the truely elite defensive forwards in the league then watch malkin. Malkin is good defensively but not elite and not selke level.

He wasnt being arrogant at all. He actually is well informed. You my friend are the being arrogant.
Like I said, Redwings fan...arrogant. All I did was throw an idea out there and it was called ridiculous.

Syrinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 09:47 PM
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELab2 View Post
Simply put, if you remove Malkin from the Pens and Ovechkin from the Caps which team suffers more?
Penguins. They have no depth to begin with, and if you take out Malkin they'd be bottom 5 in the East right now.

Last edited by Ragamuffin Gunner: 03-01-2009 at 10:05 PM.
Ragamuffin Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 11:25 PM
Jaded-Fan

The poll is not as lopsided as I thought it would be to be honest. Given this is HF we all knew the results when this was posted though, did we not? The stats do not matter, Malkin could be ahead by 50 points and 20 goals and would lose a poll to Ovechkin here.

Jaded-Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 11:40 PM
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood

I got these stats pretty quickly so let me know if there are any mistakes:

Penguins 32 Wins
Malkin 3 game winning goals, 12 game winning assists, 1 game tying goal, 8 game tying assists.
Malkin has been apart of 15 of the Pens 32 winning goals (47%) and has been apart of 9 goals that tied a game that gave the Pens a win or OTL.

Capitals 40 Wins
Ovechkin 9 game winning goals, 3 game winning assists, 3 game tying goals, 1 game tying assist.
OV has been apart of 12 of the Caps 40 winning goals (30%) and has been apart of 4 goals that tied a game that gave the Pens a win or OTL.

It seems that Malkin has had the more important points than OV has had.

Ragamuffin Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 05:17 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASV 27 View Post
Malkin has Crosby.

Ovechkin has Semin, Backstrom and Greene.

I'd say OV has much help the Malkin especially because Malkin's line mates are Sykora and Feds, not Crosby.

IF the Pens make the playoffs it will be directly because of Malkin's play. I don't see any way that he wouldn't win the Hart if the Pens make the playoffs and he out scored OV by 10 points.
In a few of the Pens games I have watched this season Malkin and Crosby played on the same line, lately they haven't been, but earlier in the year they did play together.

Washington is where they are because of Ovechkin's play. I don't like Ovechkin and his antics when he scores, but there really is no denying that he is the most valuable player in the league. The Pens have been a mess most of the season and while Malkin would be a fantastic choice if Ovechkin didn't play in the NHL, Ovechkin's play has had more of an impact on his team than Malkin's play has had. Scoring is not the only thing to take into account. The Art Ross trophy is for that.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 05:30 AM
MVP of West Hollywd

Datsyuk

But I think Malkin will get it if he wins the scoring race by 10 points and is in the playoffs. I see Pens finishing top 6 anyways so it'll be alright. They do this to make it 1-1-1

MVP of West Hollywd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 01:47 PM
Bob Sacamanu

Datsyuk has been the best player in the league this year, imo. However, if you're asking who is more valuable to their TEAM of Malkin/ovechkin, i'd say Malkin. But I think Ovechkin is better.

Bob Sacamanu is online now   Reply With Quote