HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Mike Keenan

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-05-2009, 04:16 PM
  #1
Iggy-4-50
Registered User
 
Iggy-4-50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 5,744
vCash: 500
Mike Keenan

I seem to remember a lot of doom & gloom posts when he was first hired, how he would ruin the Flames, Iginla and co wouldn't put up with him etc...

Now that the smoke has cleared what are your thoughts on Keenan after almost 2 seasons coaching the Flames?

Iggy-4-50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 04:29 PM
  #2
Ticonderoga
Registered User
 
Ticonderoga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: North Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,387
vCash: 500
Fire Keenan.

Calgary is one of the teams the regular HF poster does not follow at all, and the only fans here who know anything about them are Oil and Nuck fans. It's too bad there are not more of us here....

Ticonderoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 04:29 PM
  #3
Areid1990
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,547
vCash: 500
Has been up and down with him, For now its up

Areid1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 04:33 PM
  #4
hplovecraft
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,256
vCash: 500
He's a cancer.

It's only acceptable he coaches other cancers in Bertuzzi and Jokinen. That dressing room is INFECTED!

hplovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 06:08 PM
  #5
Ticonderoga
Registered User
 
Ticonderoga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: North Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,387
vCash: 500
Yeah infected with cancer that has caused them to lead the division and have a legit shot at the cup.

Damn cancers.

Ticonderoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 06:21 PM
  #6
TOML
Registered User
 
TOML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Walnut Grove
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,231
vCash: 500
Sutter... Keenan...

Iginla's the guy with the gun.

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 06:31 PM
  #7
Eggman
Registered User
 
Eggman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Abbotsford, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 308
vCash: 500
I don't think he did that great at the beginning, but I think that he has settled everything down and is doing a good job.

Of course, I still hope that the Flames choke this year.

Eggman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 06:48 PM
  #8
Flour Child
Unleavened User
 
Flour Child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Drury Lane
Posts: 23,353
vCash: 69
Keenan has always been a good coach. The problem is he gets into power struggles with the GM and/or becomes the GM and gets himself fired.

Flour Child is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 06:49 PM
  #9
TOML
Registered User
 
TOML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Walnut Grove
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
I don't think he did that great at the beginning, but I think that he has settled everything down and is doing a good job.

Of course, I still hope that the Flames choke this year.
After their first big loss to San Jose this season it seemed like Darryl had to take him aside and explain to him what a 'system' was. After that, there was a transformation on how they played, positionally.

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 07:08 PM
  #10
Ticonderoga
Registered User
 
Ticonderoga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: North Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMapleLaughs View Post
After their first big loss to San Jose this season it seemed like Darryl had to take him aside and explain to him what a 'system' was. After that, there was a transformation on how they played, positionally.
Wrong.

Playfair is responsible for the system revamping, he is a excellent X's and O's guy and Kennan is the motivator and the figurehead for the team, also they claimed it was a lack of practice that hampered them. They are a excellent pair Keenan and Playfair, and Sutter has done a excellent job giving them players that they can work with.

Ticonderoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 07:30 PM
  #11
TOML
Registered User
 
TOML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Walnut Grove
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classy Iggy View Post
Wrong.

Playfair is responsible for the system revamping, he is a excellent X's and O's guy and Kennan is the motivator and the figurehead for the team, also they claimed it was a lack of practice that hampered them. They are a excellent pair Keenan and Playfair, and Sutter has done a excellent job giving them players that they can work with.
Wrong? You pretty much re-worded what i said, but involved Playfair too.


edit: Scratch that. Plan the parade, since they've lit up Nitty so far...

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 07:41 PM
  #12
Hemi-Cuda
Registered User
 
Hemi-Cuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,081
vCash: 50
Jokinen with 2 goals in his first period as a Flame. he certainly seems to like playing for Iron Mike

Hemi-Cuda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 07:45 PM
  #13
urho
Registered User
 
urho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oulu
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Jokinen with 2 goals in his first period as a Flame. he certainly seems to like playing for Iron Mike
Flames 1st line is insane.

urho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 07:46 PM
  #14
Omni Owl
Dead
 
Omni Owl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,450
vCash: 500
Damn its a good night for the newcoming Flames.

Omni Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 07:52 PM
  #15
Ticonderoga
Registered User
 
Ticonderoga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: North Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMapleLaughs View Post
Wrong? You pretty much re-worded what i said, but involved Playfair too.


edit: Scratch that. Plan the parade, since they've lit up Nitty so far...
Hence you being wrong.

You get no points for being half right.

Ticonderoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 07:53 PM
  #16
VanCanucks14
Registered User
 
VanCanucks14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,703
vCash: 500
I dislike Keenan almost immensily and personally don't hold much respect for him. But he has done a good job with Calgary. Olli already has two goals and the Flames look like a scary team no doubt. It's working there in Calgary for him that's for sure.

VanCanucks14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 07:54 PM
  #17
Timmy
Registered User
 
Timmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classy Iggy View Post
Hence you being wrong.

You get no points for being half right.

Actually, in the new NHL, you do get one point.

Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 07:56 PM
  #18
Ticonderoga
Registered User
 
Ticonderoga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: North Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
Actually, in the new NHL, you do get one point.

Lol, you got me there.

Good one.

Ticonderoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 09:44 PM
  #19
God
Free Citizen
 
God's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classy Iggy View Post
Fire Keenan.

Calgary is one of the teams the regular HF poster does not follow at all, and the only fans here who know anything about them are Oil and Nuck fans. It's too bad there are not more of us here....
Nobody seems to really care about the Northwest

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 10:05 PM
  #20
Vic Hatfield
Registered User
 
Vic Hatfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 130
vCash: 500
Any guy that could lead the Rangers out of the desert and win lord Stanley's Cup after 54 years of failure is OK in my book. It was a sad day when iron Mike left New York.

Vic Hatfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 10:53 PM
  #21
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hplovecraft View Post
He's a cancer.

It's only acceptable he coaches other cancers in Bertuzzi and Jokinen. That dressing room is INFECTED!
Iginla is a cancer too

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 10:55 PM
  #22
Dolemite
The one...the only..
 
Dolemite's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 38,373
vCash: 500
Shows ya that the people who had Keenan fired in St. Louis, Boston, Florida, etc were the ones that should have been canned and not him.

__________________
http://halfboards.com/
Follow along on Twitter: http://twitter.com/azvibesports
Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 10:58 PM
  #23
Pukboy5kroner
Registered User
 
Pukboy5kroner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao View Post
Nobody seems to really care about the Northwest
It's mostly due to time differences. It's hard to catch all those games out East.

Pukboy5kroner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 11:02 PM
  #24
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
Shows ya that the people who had Keenan fired in St. Louis, Boston, Florida, etc were the ones that should have been canned and not him.
I don't think Keenan was fired in BOston he only had a 1 year contract and then he get the offer from FLorida

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 03:24 AM
  #25
Dolemite
The one...the only..
 
Dolemite's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 38,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
I don't think Keenan was fired in BOston he only had a 1 year contract and then he get the offer from FLorida
Keenan had an expiration date stamped to his forehead the moment he took that job.

Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.