HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Guerin pulled from the warm up...Montreal and Washington leading candidates

Old
03-01-2009, 12:58 PM
FerrisRox

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareem View Post
Are you a fan of Witt? He's one of my favorite defensive defensemen in the league. One thing that impressed me when I went to see him play was how much he had the puck and didn't screw up with it, but then again the Islanders had a system where the forwards were close to the D, allowing for short passes. Carbo's system is the opposite. Still, he'd be one hell of an addition to the core. Him and Brind'Amour.
I am a fan of Witt. Always have been. When the Caps shipped him out at the deadline a few years back (to Nashville) I was hoping he'd become a Canadien.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 01:00 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Lyfe View Post
jus got this update from Sevil's blog (not sure if im able to link to his site so ill just quote what it says)
There is no way this happens unless we get another defenceman before the deadline. Hamrlik is a big body on defense even though he may not throw his weight around very often. His physical presence in the corners is really important. If we get Streit back, he has shown he can play top minutes on defense but we would be left REALLY small on defense. Plus I don't see the Islanders getting rid of Guerin and Streit for 2 picks.

EDIT: Now if we can get Bouwmeester (after just giving up Hamrlik to get Streit back), a top 6 of Markov ($5.75M), Komisarek ($4.5M max), Bouwmeester ($5.5M), Streit ($4M), Schneider ($3M) and Gorges ($1.1M) would be orgasmic. There is way too much salary here though ($23.85M on defense alone).

Next season, we would be saving a hell of a lot though: roughly $2.5M on Schneider, Brisebois's $1.5M, Bouillon's $1.875M, Hamrlik's $5.5M and Dandenault's $1.725M, and that's without Lang and/or Kovalev. We'd be able to absorb that $23.85M I believe.

Last edited by Ginu: 03-01-2009 at 01:09 PM.
Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 01:01 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
Oh and I guess every single Isle fan that say he is horrible don't watch hockey either?

Oh you mean you watch the kind of hockey that is played with horses and with crossbows? this is called hunt and I'm pretty sure Witt would still suck at it
Again, I will form my opinions on players by WATCHING THEM PLAY HOCKEY.

Why would I care what the Islander fans at HFBoards have to say about him? According to Habs fans here Alex Kovalev is a terrible player.

As for the rest of your post ... I have no clue what you are even talking about. Go back to playing with your Kovalev voodoo doll.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 01:02 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Upmost ridiculous. Sevil is out to lunch on this one.
He also said he was skeptical about it as it was a new source who reported it.

Old
03-01-2009, 01:06 PM
sheed36

Can the Flames even take on Hammer's salary without sending salary the other way?

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 01:07 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
Again, I will form my opinions on players by WATCHING THEM PLAY HOCKEY.

Why would I care what the Islander fans at HFBoards have to say about him? According to Habs fans here Alex Kovalev is a terrible player.

As for the rest of your post ... I have no clue what you are even talking about. Go back to playing with your Kovalev voodoo doll.
My Kovalev Voodoo doll is already full of needles, I'm just eager to trade it for a Morris Doll

And to set you straight, I don't think that you watched enough of Witt to contradict what people who see him play daily think

And he's a outrageous -31!! I can accept -10 because the Islanders sucks but -31!!! he must do something bad, and really bad

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 01:07 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
He also said he was skeptical about it as it was a new source who reported it.
Watch with in 48 hours, will have a Mike Ryder wants to return to Montreal thread

im predicting this,i got a feeling

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 01:08 PM
Le CH

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
holy

Gurien and Streit to Montreal?

Streit not liking NY? or did the cheer at the allstar game make him miss home?

Or Sevil off deeep end?
-----------------------
I call B.S. - Habs don't have enough Cap for this to happen.

Le CH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 01:09 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
Watch with in 48 hours, will have a Mike Ryder wants to return to Montreal thread

im predicting this,i got a feeling
The Magic 8 ball is saying highly unlikely

Old
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo2009 View Post
-----------------------
I call B.S. - Habs don't have enough Cap for this to happen.
Move Dandy and this becomes a little more feasable.

Old
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd View Post
According to RDS, Guerin is supposed to be traded to Washington but they are having trouble clearing salary...

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/270236.html
Apparently not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Apparently not either...
Posted at 12:20 PM ET, 03/ 1/2009
Guerin not coming to Washington

Reports out of Long Island are that Islanders captain Bill Guerin is on the move and that he's not on the ice for practice this morning. But my sources here in Washington are telling me that the Caps are not his next destination.

Also, Jay Beagle has been recalled from Hershey for today's game.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/capitalsinsider/

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
The Magic 8 ball is saying highly unlikely
Because the providence bruins signed Daniel Ryder

PREPARE THE CUP!!! THE RYDER BROTHERS WILL COME TO CLAIM IT

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 01:10 PM
kovalost27

Why the hell would Montreal trade Hamrlik to get Streit? That's just about as stupid as trading Kovalev to get Guerin.

kovalost27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 01:10 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Can the Flames even take on Hammer's salary without sending salary the other way?
No they don't

Old
03-01-2009, 01:11 PM
sevil

Now who the fk is saying I am out to lunch..

Anyone who has followed along since my departure from this board, can vouch that my blog has predicted a few things right lately, to the day... including begins trade and the sens trade.

now.. as far as this Streit deal, it is from a new source that is yet to be proven, I put it out there well before Ek reported Calgary was in talks with mtl...

The only blessing is... I am glad that no one on this board is our gm... the thread that compared Begin trade with Gretzky trade was a great example of stupidity.

sevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by grant1r View Post
Why the hell would Montreal trade Hamrlik to get Streit? That's just about as stupid as trading Kovalev to get Guerin.
Because we'd be killing two birds with one stone by getting Guerin as well. And all we've done is given up Hamrlik and some draft picks. Then if we get get another defenseman in a separate deal (say Bouwmeester), it becomes a lot more interesting. Gainey is really shrewd and careful about how he upgrades his team and what he's giving up.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 01:13 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Move Dandy and this becomes a little more feasable.

what his new site name?

sevilbuzz.com?

sevilbuzzed.com???

Old
03-01-2009, 01:13 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by grant1r View Post
I like the second option better, although I'll go on record to say that I don't believe either of them will happen.

Old
03-01-2009, 01:14 PM
couz

Why would we need Streit...we just got Schneider for the PP and its working out pretty well.

It makes no sense, what this tyeam needs on the back end is a stabilizing Dman....not Mark streit.

Sometimes logic needs to be used.

couz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 01:15 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevil View Post

Anyone who has followed along since my departure from this board, can vouch that my blog has predicted a few things right lately, to the day... including begins trade and the sens trade.

now.. as far as this Streit deal, it is from a new source that is yet to be proven, I put it out there well before Ek reported Calgary was in talks with mtl...

The only blessing is... I am glad that no one on this board is our gm... the thread that compared Begin trade with Gretzky trade was a great example of stupidity.
PM me your blog link. I'm genuinely interested.

Old
03-01-2009, 01:16 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:

i didnt think you could have missed the huge with my" Begin trade with Gretzky trade" thread

but it seems you did .

Old
kovalost27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Because we'd be killing two birds with one stone by getting Guerin as well. And all we've done is given up Hamrlik and some draft picks. Then if we get get another defenseman in a separate deal (say Bouwmeester), it becomes a lot more interesting. Gainey is really shrewd and careful about how he upgrades his team and what he's giving up.
What happens if we don't get Bouwmeester? Then we're stuck with an even weaker defense than before we made all these deals.

kovalost27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sevil

First off.. let me say.. I dont like the trade. but for the most part I keep my opinions out of the trade rumors.

Second, Guerin and STreit for Hammer and a pick or two.. and that doesnt help our team? come on. If hammer and our d is so fkn good why are the shots roughly 130 to 60 the past few games... oh yeah.. cause we cant get the puck out of our zone and nobody will clear the net or rebounds.

sevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 01:17 PM
deandebean

Quote:

Sevil, I respect your work, but on this one, you're indeed out to lunch. Sorry, man. You did good with the other trades, but on this one, let me just say that it's a weeeeeeee bit out there.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 01:18 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by couz View Post
Why would we need Streit...we just got Schneider for the PP and its working out pretty well.

It makes no sense, what this tyeam needs on the back end is a stabilizing Dman....not Mark streit.

Sometimes logic needs to be used.
I'm thinking that it could be another defenseman on the Islanders... it doesn't change that the base of the source might have some truth... time will tell.