Notices

Gotta vent.....

Old
03-05-2009, 01:17 PM
theranfordflop

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP Mites View Post
And I'm sure the NHL made the comment that they couldn't suspend him because so much time had elapsed between the incident and when tape was discovered won't influence you. If you can't see him turning his arm to lead with the elbow (even though this isn't the video that shows it more clearly) then I can't help you remove the Oilers colored glasses
Where's the video? Where's the proof? The video you're linking to shows absolutely nothing.

Has anybody else seen the video?

theranfordflop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:44 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
Originally Posted by theranfordflop View Post
Where's the video? Where's the proof? The video you're linking to shows absolutely nothing.

Has anybody else seen the video?
Yes, I have, and Souray is an extremely dirty player for what he pulled there.

I hope someone Ohlunds him, or maybe he can injure himself while trying to fight again.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 11:42 PM
North Metro Peewees

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
Im sure with suspendable infractions, just like goals. The NHL requires ALL camera angles before they can make a judgement call. And if the Wild made call to the NHL to have the play reviewed then they would have seen that feed, unless that feed wasnt made available in which FSN may be at fault.

Also I see the punch I think your refering to, but its such an awkward punch becuse they are in so tight (practically face to face) and Souray is trying to get his arm loose and punch over Wellers arm, even then the punch does no damage and wasnt a factor in fight. Your making this into a much bigger deal than it really is.
Please tell me your joking? He had a CONCUSSION! I love how tough hockey can only be played by players from Canadian teams. Just like Moreau and Souray going ape #$%@ over Clutterbuck's clean hits.

North Metro Peewees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 08:41 PM
40oz

Quote:
Please tell me your joking? He had a CONCUSSION!
Ya, he took alot of shots to the face, thats bound to happen. But your obviously taking this personally, so I'll wait until some one finds this video before I respond to anymore.

Quote:
I love how tough hockey can only be played by players from Canadian teams. Just like Moreau and Souray going ape #$%@ over Clutterbuck's clean hits.
Me too, its just logical right?

40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2009, 05:07 PM
dhabums*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Alberks View Post
The Ohlund thing makes absolutely no sense to me. It was one of the most vicious attacks on a player I have ever seen, and it gets only 3 games. Koivu is out for months, but good old Ohlund only has to miss three.

It was a split second reaction to an attempted elbow. And you must be really new to hockey if a slash to the shin was the most vicious thing you have ever seen.

Probably could have gotten a few more games, but that slash could have easily done zero damage.

dhabums* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2009, 06:04 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhabums View Post
It was a split second reaction to an attempted elbow. And you must be really new to hockey if a slash to the shin was the most vicious thing you have ever seen.

Probably could have gotten a few more games, but that slash could have easily done zero damage.
That was a lot more than a simple "slash to the shin". That was a pretty vicious attack on Koivu. It almost looked like someone trying to chop down a tree. It's basically the equivalent of what McSorely did to Brashear, but on the leg instead of the head. It was done with a strong intent to injure.

Old
03-22-2009, 06:27 PM
dhabums*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Aurumque View Post
That was a lot more than a simple "slash to the shin". That was a pretty vicious attack on Koivu. It almost looked like someone trying to chop down a tree. It's basically the equivalent of what McSorely did to Brashear, but on the leg instead of the head. It was done with a strong intent to injure.
Note the bold.

You are missing the point. Marty skated down the ice and wanted to fight because he got manhandled earlier. Ohlund turned around after dodging an elbow and reacted poorly. None of this happens if Koivu doesn't try to throw a flying elbow to the head late in a blow out.

dhabums* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 05:48 PM
Street Hawk

Challenge?

Quote:
Ohlund is a very good player which surprised me as to why he would do it. However, just because your a solid citizen doesn't mean you shouldn't receive a longer suspension. As for Boogaard's role on the team he protects his teammates from that kind of non-sense and if Ohlund had the balls he would have offered himself up to fight Koivu.

As for why is Boogaard on the team...let's see how about Dave Schultz, Tiger Williams, Jay Millar, Joey Kocur, Steve Dykstra, Jimmy Mann, Marty McSorley, George Laraque and Donald Brashear.....shall I continue???? This is the culture of the league where players like Matt Cooke and Alex Burrows love to take liberties with players who are either too valuable to their team to spend time fighting or just can't fight.

I have been around this game long enough to have watched the Oilers great teams and if you even checked Gretzky, Kurri or Coffey there was cement head to knock you around for it.
Was there ever a challenge from Koivu to Ohlund?

Ohlund has been in the NHL since the 1997-1998 season. This is number 11 for him now and he's been in at least 6 fights that I can remember.

Does Koivu have a fighting major in his career?

Both guys are close in size, height is close, but I think Ohlund just looks thicker in the chest area even if their weight is very close. So, it would have been an even fight had Koivu chosen to challenge Ohlund.

Street Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 06:01 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhabums View Post
Note the bold.

You are missing the point. Marty skated down the ice and wanted to fight because he got manhandled earlier. Ohlund turned around after dodging an elbow and reacted poorly. None of this happens if Koivu doesn't try to throw a flying elbow to the head late in a blow out.
Flying elbow, my ass. It's funny how nobody saw that except Canucks fans.

Stop trying to justify your team's players being goons.

Old
03-26-2009, 06:26 PM
Street Hawk

Penalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Aurumque View Post
Flying elbow, my ass. It's funny how nobody saw that except Canucks fans.

Stop trying to justify your team's players being goons.
As I recall from the game sheet, Koivu received a 2 minute Elbowing penalty on the play.

What Ohlund did was wrong and he was punished by the NHL. Whether it was enough, that's how the NHL offices run.

Most players aren't going to be too happy taking an elbow in the final few minutes of a game where the outcome is not in question.
There was an overlap of penalties at the end of the game, but the Canucks were to have gone on a 3 minute plus PP because Boogarrd took a double minor late in the game about 30 seconds after the slash. Thus, there is no consequence to the player's team for delivering the elbow.

Street Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 06:36 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Calling it a "flying elbow" is a major overexaggeration. It wasn't that bad at all. It was your typical elbowing penalty.

It certainly doesn't justify attempting to chop off someone's leg.