HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

This Warrior Dolomite

Old
03-01-2009, 12:18 AM
Captain Zach

vCash: 500
This Warrior Dolomite

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/warrior-...07-sr-clr.html

Im thinking about getting it, any reviews?

Captain Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 12:28 AM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

i have one. i love it. its a one piece its very light and balanced. its a great stick. i also have the blade, its in a synthesis shaft. i havent used it yet but im looking forward to it. i have an ak27 2 piece system also which is very nice but a little too short.

i have a fedorov curve with the blade on the synthesis, the draper on the ak27 and the dolomite one piece is a custom

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 03:44 AM
IniNew

I am using the Pro-Stock dolo shaft with a federov dolo blade. I am in love with the stick.

IniNew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 10:27 AM
raganblink

Its a great performance stick, durability wise it isn't that great. No Warriors have great usage life, as the blades aren't that strong as compared to Bauer, Easton and RBK/CCM.

Again though, performance wise, it is amazing.

However with that $150 dollar price, you are getting a tad ripped off. The "original" price of 205 is complete ********, as it shouldn't be higher than 190 when it was new. And since this stick they've had for almost 3 years now, it sohuld be at $100ish.

The new Dolomite comes out in summer, blade is better, I'd wait for that... Or, until that price drops. You could call around and see what they have the Dolomite for, and how much shipping would be, because it should still be less than the 160 you'd be spending at monkey, if that shop knows what they are doing, cuz the new one is almost out, and its stupid for them to keep selling the 07 models for 150 or so.

raganblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 03:25 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
I have it but have had different results. I have found this stick to be a tank, it doesn't even chip, other than a few stick and puck marks it looks exactly the same as when I bought it. Performance-wise it's OK, if 7 was average I'd give it an 8. Durability I'd give it a 10 but I'm basically a wrist shot, playmaker so I don't really hammer the puck around the rink. I use the Smyth curve, just got the Spyne with a Kovalchuk curve but I've only used it once. I've heard from better players that they break easily so maybe it's not a great stick for guys with big slap shots. Agree that the price is a tad high, the new model is $190, I think you'd be happier just spending the extra $40 and get the new version.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 06:44 PM
iceman_88888888

Quote:
Originally Posted by raganblink View Post
Its a great performance stick, durability wise it isn't that great. No Warriors have great usage life, as the blades aren't that strong as compared to Bauer, Easton and RBK/CCM.
i would beg to differ. warrior sticks are tanks compared to easton blades. even the '07 model. i had a couple of these and they were awesome. one broke after i got slashed and the other broke after somebody skated over the shaft.

but anyways, dolomites are amazing for performance. you'll quite enjoy it but the price is outrageous considering the newer models are going for close to that price!

iceman_88888888 is offline   Reply With Quote