HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chicago-Pittsburgh

Old
03-01-2009, 01:02 PM
Fraction Jackson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letang58 View Post
How about just Staal and a 2nd for Ladd and Versteeg?

Hawks get their young second line center their fans seem to want, and the Pens solve their top six wing needs long-term.

As for the initial trade, Hawks laugh and hang up.
I feel like we might have to at least add in a mid-level prospect to get that done, as valuable as Staal is the Hawks are giving up a good bit to get him there. CPZ or Veilleux maybe. I'd still do it though, Versteeg would be very good in our top 6 and being able to add Ladd to Caputi and Tangradi would give us quality, young, cheap LW depth.

Hell, if it takes a little more than that to get those two, I'd still consider it.

Fraction Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 01:40 PM
Hawksfan2828

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeod1986 View Post
To PITT:

Brent Seabrook

Jack Skille

Andrew Ladd

To CHI:

Jordan Staal

Miroslav Satan

Dustin Jeffrey

2nd rd Pick in 2009

4th rd Pick in 2010

Anywhere close?
Tallon would laugh at that.

Ladd is really starting to pan out, Seabrook is a core player and Skille will be a reliable top 6 at some point in the next few seasons.

IMO, Ladd is making a case for him self at this point to be listed as a core player.

I think Ladd and Staal hold equal values right now.

For the pens to get Seabrook (I dont think Tallon would trade him) they would have to give up Staal + .

I would love to have Staal playing the 3rd line here in Chicago but its not really worth what it would cost to make that happen.

Hawksfan2828 is offline   Reply With Quote