Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 62: vs Pittsburgh, 3/1

Old
03-01-2009, 05:49 PM
txdude5101

vCash: 500
I really think its the teams fault as a whole. Including the coaching staff. Seriously the stars have three days on Wednesday they should do something that will help the future of the team. I have been mad lately with the stars and the coaching.

txdude5101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 05:50 PM
3TB3*

30 years ago

last time the franchise lost 5 in a row at home was the 1978-79 season

3TB3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 05:58 PM
txdude5101

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3TB3 View Post
last time the franchise lost 5 in a row at home was the 1978-79 season
Ya first time since moving to dallas!
Wow when are we gonna make a come back
and do we really have to go 12-8 to make playoffs

Old
03-01-2009, 06:01 PM
beardedgraf

Turco will have to break some shutout streak records if this team is going to go 12 - 8.

beardedgraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 06:10 PM
txdude5101

more like 0-20
I say we shoot for a top 5 pick. Seriously we can get a young guy who will hopefully be a star in two three years. He will play from 18-+

Old
03-01-2009, 06:11 PM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

Turco will deserve the Vezina if this team, as constituted right now, earns 12 wins.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 06:15 PM
txdude5101

if he wins 12 out of the next 8 we desever the cup!

Old
03-01-2009, 06:16 PM
Kritter471

Send a message via AIM to Kritter471
tx - I don't have a bias against youngsters. I think Neal is very good, I think Eriksson got overrated around here for a while but is still a nice piece. map94 was the first person to bring up the idea of selling him high a while back, not me. I was simply wondering aloud if he was really on to something.

Niskanen has sucked without Zubov. Heck, he's sucked for 65 percent of his career at this point, but the only reason I think he should be moved in the right scenario (for a very good piece that would help next year and beyond, not for picks) is that there are three sophomore D and I think he's the least likely to reach his potential. I was right about him being horrible defensively when I first started ripping on him late last year, wasn't I? You want to make the case that he's playing well in his own end? The pairing makes both of those guys worse, but neither is doing a good job on his own either.

I loathe Sydor, and Modano makes me want to tear my hair out. Are they youngsters? Is Lundqvist? Is Barch, who I can't figure out why he gets consistent playing time? You cherry pick who I pick on because for some reason, we're supposed to treat young players with kid gloves regarding criticism. I figure they're NHL players, and they need to play like a good one for me to like them.

HF - The reason I brought up Eriksson is basically an idea map94 promoted earlier this month - he's going to want a big contract at RFA or at UFA age, one the Stars probably can't afford at this time. They need to figure out what he is and decide if they want to sell high on him or let him ride out the inconsistencies and hope for the best. I'm still on the "keep him" boat, but when he vanishes offensively like he has recently, I wonder (outloud) about maybe map had the right idea.

Kritter471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 06:19 PM
txdude5101

I say next game Sydor will get a hurt and be put on the IR

Old
03-01-2009, 08:35 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
This entire discussion about selling high on Eriksson is the pinnacle of idiocy.

He's got 28 damn goals.

And he plays stout defense every night.

So.... get him out of here!

The curse of altered expectations.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 08:54 PM
Kritter471

I never said get him out of here. I was simply pondering, as has been brought up before by people who are not me, if he is a guy to sell high on eventually.

Old
03-01-2009, 10:35 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
I'm responding to all the general grumbling about the times Eriksson doesn't bail the team out. Razor is guilty of starting this attitude also. Oh my God, he's gone 4 games without a goal! What's wrong?

The guy is a finisher. He's not going to deke people out and create his own offense. He'll do the things needed to be successful in the offensive zone when it comes to gaining and maintaining possession. But yes, he needs someone to give him a good pass. Not to be confused with needing his table set.

One more indictment of Tippett that he still hasn't paired Loui with Ribs. He's never had chemistry with Modano. But Neal is more like Ott, so let's put him on the 1st line! Brilliant.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 11:01 PM
mookie1010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritter471 View Post
tx - I don't have a bias against youngsters. I think Neal is very good, I think Eriksson got overrated around here for a while but is still a nice piece. map94 was the first person to bring up the idea of selling him high a while back, not me. I was simply wondering aloud if he was really on to something.

Niskanen has sucked without Zubov. Heck, he's sucked for 65 percent of his career at this point, but the only reason I think he should be moved in the right scenario (for a very good piece that would help next year and beyond, not for picks) is that there are three sophomore D and I think he's the least likely to reach his potential. I was right about him being horrible defensively when I first started ripping on him late last year, wasn't I? You want to make the case that he's playing well in his own end? The pairing makes both of those guys worse, but neither is doing a good job on his own either.

I loathe Sydor, and Modano makes me want to tear my hair out. Are they youngsters? Is Lundqvist? Is Barch, who I can't figure out why he gets consistent playing time? You cherry pick who I pick on because for some reason, we're supposed to treat young players with kid gloves regarding criticism. I figure they're NHL players, and they need to play like a good one for me to like them.

HF - The reason I brought up Eriksson is basically an idea map94 promoted earlier this month - he's going to want a big contract at RFA or at UFA age, one the Stars probably can't afford at this time. They need to figure out what he is and decide if they want to sell high on him or let him ride out the inconsistencies and hope for the best. I'm still on the "keep him" boat, but when he vanishes offensively like he has recently, I wonder (outloud) about maybe map had the right idea.
Loathing Sydor and being occasionally frustrated with Modano are not indications that you're fair about vets vs. kids. They are indications that you have eyes.

mookie1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 11:02 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Soooooooooo.....

I picked two GREAT games to go to, eh?

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 11:13 PM
Kritter471

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookie1010 View Post
Loathing Sydor and being occasionally frustrated with Modano are not indications that you're fair about vets vs. kids. They are indications that you have eyes.
Hee. True.

The only kids I've ridden really hard are Niskanen and Brunnstrom. And Niskanen has really, really, really deserved it. Brunnstrom is take it or leave it. I just had higher hopes and am annoyed by the "I can't go to the AHL" attitude.

Old
03-01-2009, 11:32 PM
Captain Awesome

Has Brunnstrom openly said that? I don't think Jackhull has the stones to put him in the AHL.

Captain Awesome is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 11:53 PM
txomisc

I dont understand where the idea that brunnstrom was/could refuse to go to the AHL came from. If Jackson and Hull wanted him in the AHL they would have sent him to the AHL.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 12:19 AM
Kritter471

It's been mentioned in the Morning News several times. I shall go find a link.

Edit: Found it.

"The kid is big, strong and skilled, and he has a great attitude. Yes, he has an inexplicable fear of the minors, and yes, it appears the Stars have made a deal that he needs to approve any long-term demotion, but Brunnstrom is working hard on the ice and in the film room to get better."

From: http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/arch...rom-issue.html

Old
03-02-2009, 12:32 AM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 250
With the way he's played in his rookie season on North American ice, and with the injuries that have plagued this team, Brunnstrom won't be sent to any AHL team this season.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 12:53 AM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritter471 View Post
It's been mentioned in the Morning News several times. I shall go find a link.

Edit: Found it.

"The kid is big, strong and skilled, and he has a great attitude. Yes, he has an inexplicable fear of the minors, and yes, it appears the Stars have made a deal that he needs to approve any long-term demotion, but Brunnstrom is working hard on the ice and in the film room to get better."

From: http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/arch...rom-issue.html
looks like speculation to me.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 12:58 AM
Kritter471

Speculation like that is usually based in someone who won't go on the record. I know none of you like Heika, but he doesn't throw around stuff like that carelessly.

Modo - I bet he would have started the season in the AHL if the Stars had their way, based on what I'd heard. And honestly, I think every guy from Europe, save an Ovechkin-style stud and injuries notwithstanding, can use a few months in the AHL to get used to the ice-size difference. It's a big adjustment, on that Brunnstrom really struggled with, mostly on the defensive end, for the first few months.