HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Saw Scott Howson last night!

Old
09-05-2009, 01:34 PM
RichNash61

vCash: 500
Saw Scott Howson last night!

I saw Scott Howson at rad time at the Chiller North last night around 8ish. I was walking in the rink and I think his kid was playin in the rink before us. I looked back and he was comming in the door and I said to him thanks for signing Nash and Bassard. he just smiled and he just laughed and we are glad to have both guys around for may years to come.

A very nice guy!

RichNash61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2009, 02:15 PM
oilsands
shut 'em down.

Scott is a solid GM. He was responsible for the few good deals made in E-town the last few years. Instrumental.

oilsands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 02:02 AM
Palinka

I saw him there too. It looked like he was going to get a blueberry muffin from the snack bar, but then he thought of the following:
1) The blueberry muffin costs more than a bagel.
2) The blueberry muffin may provide a short-term jump due to the sugar content, but a bagel's complex carbohydrates will provide a longer feeling of fullness.
3) The blueberry muffin is designed to be somewhat moist; the bagel is more dry. This forces more consumption of water, which also helps with feeling full in the long run.
4) If the blueberry muffin tastes unpleasant, then the whole thing is a waste. If the bagel tastes unpleasant or bland, it can be dressed up with cream cheese or peanut butter and still cost less than the muffin. Versatility is a beautiful thing.

Of course, you don't need me to tell you he chose the bagel.

Palinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 04:22 AM
QTMcWhiskers
Playoff Avatar Stays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palinka View Post
I saw him there too. It looked like he was going to get a blueberry muffin from the snack bar, but then he thought of the following:
2) The blueberry muffin may provide a short-term jump due to the sugar content, but a bagel's complex carbohydrates will provide a longer feeling of fullness.
3) The blueberry muffin is designed to be somewhat moist; the bagel is more dry. This forces more consumption of water, which also helps with feeling full in the long run.
4) If the blueberry muffin tastes unpleasant, then the whole thing is a waste. If the bagel tastes unpleasant or bland, it can be dressed up with cream cheese or peanut butter and still cost less than the muffin. Versatility is a beautiful thing.

Post of the off-season.

QTMcWhiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 06:39 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:

Waaiit a miinuute.

This is like a metaphor nor something, isn't it?

Old
09-06-2009, 07:21 AM
LaCosta Nostra

Quote:

But did he put anything on the bagel? Was it bland? Is he a peanut butter or cream cheese guy? Don't leave us hangin'!!!!!!!!!!!

LaCosta Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 10:22 AM
RichNash61

At first I didnt get your post but thats really well thought out and funny!

RichNash61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 07:53 PM
LetsGOJackets!!

Scott Howson is much more approachable..

then most folks in like positions of sport management. I would think a guy like him, used to living in a hockey market would be wondering why more people don't approach him with ?'s and comments. He certainly has answered every question that I have asked, doesn't provide much more feedback on situations, but does always answer direct questions.

In fact I think you got it wrong on the muffin or bagel, i saw him at Timmies having a 20 pack of timbits.. assorted but mostly chocolate glazed.

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2009, 12:46 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

So now instead of stocking the team with good looking young men, he's stocking the team with breakfast foods? Let the "Fire Howson" countdown begin

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote