HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Interesting Info: Part VII (All Jackets-related "tidbits" in here)

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2009, 06:24 PM
JF Labbe

vCash: 500
It's about friggin time. I flip to Inside the NHL first every week, and get nothing. It's good to see them there.

Old
03-25-2009, 09:00 PM
Skraut

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/t...spx?id=4222155

Quote:
- Few things have gone right for the Columbus Blue Jackets since the club joined the NHL over eight years ago, but it appears that trend is about to change.

The albatross hanging around the franchise's neck is the fact that the Blue Jackets have never qualified for the postseason since entering play for the 2000-01 NHL campaign. That could all change this spring, as Columbus would be the sixth seed in the West if the regular season ended today.

Last year, Columbus finished with a then-club-record 80 points, but faded badly with eight losses in their final nine games and wound up 11 points out of a postseason berth.

So far, the Blue Jackets have avoided any signs of a late-season collapse, but it is clear that a team that has never tasted the postseason is not taking anything for granted. With nine games remaining, Columbus has 83 points, and is five points in front of the Western Conference's final playoff seed.

While the team has never delivered on the promise of making the playoffs, the one major difference in this year's edition of the Blue Jackets is the presence of rookie sensation and franchise goaltender Steve Mason.

Old
03-25-2009, 10:05 PM
Casework

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
Pretty good article, but I have a hard time with him saying Carey Price is having a "nightmare" sophomore season when his numbers are very close to his numbers last year. And due to the fact that Mase has already done more than Price ever did last year, playoffs or not.

Old
03-26-2009, 10:35 AM
JF Labbe

http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/live/...6.html?sid=101

Pretty good article about Leo Welsh, which includes a shout out to yours truly.

Old
03-26-2009, 10:43 AM
CBJFan in Cincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF Labbe View Post
http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/live/...6.html?sid=101

Pretty good article about Leo Welsh, which includes a shout out to yours truly.
Maybe we should chant Kevin once

Old
03-26-2009, 01:30 PM
LaCosta Nostra

Hitchcock Interview from Dallas Stars Blog. Strange?

You wouldn't think a Dallas blog would have the biggest interview of Hitch's short career in Cbus. You'd think the Dispatch boys could muster something like this up...

http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/arch...hitchcock.html

Old
03-26-2009, 01:37 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
So much for that Dispatch appreciation thread.

Great interview

Old
03-26-2009, 01:39 PM
WrightOn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCosta Nostra View Post
You wouldn't think a Dallas blog would have the biggest interview of Hitch's short career in Cbus. You'd think the Dispatch boys could muster something like this up...

uh...

Quote:
Good afternoon, everyone. I'm David Keon of the National Hockey League's public relations department, and I'd like to welcome you to our call. Our guest today is Columbus Blue Jackets head coach, Ken Hitchcock.
You'd think you'd read the article and see that it was an interview with the NHL PR before springing into criticism action.

And regardless, it was a good piece that shouldn't illicit venom at the Dispatch boys. (who have written plenty and covered the guy extensively)

Cool piece. Not strange.

Old
03-26-2009, 01:48 PM
LaCosta Nostra

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightOn View Post
uh...

You'd think you'd read the article and see that it was an interview with the NHL PR before springing into criticism action.

And regardless, it was a good piece that shouldn't illicit venom at the Dispatch boys. (who have written plenty and covered the guy extensively)

Cool piece. Not strange.
I did read the article. Didn't say Dallas conducted the interview, did I? Said Dallas blog had the interview. There's a difference. And please explain why this couldn't be posted on Puck Rakers blog before a Dallas blog. Our coach discussing everything our team, city and playoffs, yet I get the link from Puck Daddy, which linked it from a Dallas blog. That's shameful of our own blog. You think my post was "venom"? You have a strange scale of what venom is then. You may want to look up overdramatic while you're at it.

Old
03-26-2009, 01:54 PM
CBJNut

Send a message via ICQ to CBJNut Send a message via AIM to CBJNut Send a message via MSN to CBJNut Send a message via Yahoo to CBJNut
Great article in the Edmonton Journal about the team and JHM.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...291/story.html

Old
03-26-2009, 01:56 PM
WrightOn

Quote:
I did read the article. Didn't say Dallas conducted the interview, did I? Said Dallas blog had the interview. There's a difference. And please explain why this couldn't be posted on Puck Rakers blog before a Dallas blog. Our coach discussing everything our team, city and playoffs, yet I get the link from Puck Daddy, which linked it from a Dallas blog. That's shameful of our own blog. You think my post was "venom"? You have a strange scale of what venom is then. You may want to look up overdramatic while you're at it.

woopdee doo

A Dallas blog linked to a NHL interview. Puckrakers is garbage because they missed the boat. They didn't muster up what the Dallas blog could.....ctrl-c,ctrl-v. Wow.

It's just gargantually lame of you to put the little shaky head smily because of that and to cream your jeans because you have the chance to try and criticize the 'Patch.

I'm going to use 'overdramatic' to combat 'overdramatic'.

Oh look, I can complain! This drives me nuts. You'll have to forgive me.

Old
03-26-2009, 02:00 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:

Another thing to consider - more people will probably read this that you've posted here than would have read the thing linked in 'Rakers. So good on ya.

Old
03-26-2009, 02:43 PM
LaCosta Nostra

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightOn View Post
woopdee doo

A Dallas blog linked to a NHL interview. Puckrakers is garbage because they missed the boat. They didn't muster up what the Dallas blog could.....ctrl-c,ctrl-v. Wow.

It's just gargantually lame of you to put the little shaky head smily because of that and to cream your jeans because you have the chance to try and criticize the 'Patch.

I'm going to use 'overdramatic' to combat 'overdramatic'.

Oh look, I can complain! This drives me nuts. You'll have to forgive me.
Amazing how much you blew this entire thing out of proportion. Did I say they're garbage? No, I didn't, nor did I infer it. Saying I thought our blog should have it before a Dallas blog doesn't seem to be the huge slam you seem to have interpreted it as. I love how you blew this entire thing out of proportion.

"Cream your jeans", "woopdee dooo". What are you, 6 years old?

Old
03-26-2009, 03:13 PM
WrightOn

Quote:
What are you, 6 years old?
God, I wish.
Ignorance is bliss.

I think you can be categorized as 'blowing it out of proportion' too as you started a (now moved) thread to post an insignificant whine.

I'll give you this--your thread/post was just the cherry on top of a heaping pile of dung around here that I should have continued ignoring. My apologies.

The puck-rakers blog doesn't exist to link you to each and every piece of media that is produced in the media about the CBJ. Seems to me that you found this interview just fine, and as DSL mentioned-you were abled to share it with us. Why did it HAVE to be yet another reason to complain? It's beyond annoying to me, and I don't at all just mean just in relation to the Dispatch. Yet again, you shouldn't have been the victim of my ire.

Later all.

Old
03-26-2009, 03:24 PM
LaCosta Nostra

If you don't like it, fine, but don't flame someone in an immature manner for having an opinion that directly conflicts with yours. And the sad thing is, I think the blog and Dispatch do a great job and I've even posted so multiple times. But you apparently haven't seen my posts regarding such. I really need to start including more 's so people don't take me so damn seriously. But then people wouldn't have targets to vent their frustration.

Old
03-26-2009, 03:34 PM
Skraut

Why your team won't win the cup. (yes it's supposed to be funny)
http://sports.sympatico.msn.ca/NHL/C...nenabled=false
Quote:
Columbus: Wait. Aren't the Blue Jackets somebody's farm team? What's that you say? They have an NHL team? Well, I'll never bet on an expansion team. What's that you say...

Old
03-26-2009, 03:34 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
Why your team won't win the cup. (yes it's supposed to be funny)
http://sports.sympatico.msn.ca/NHL/C...nenabled=false
Just more evidence of the Canadian media's hatred of all things Columbus.

Old
03-26-2009, 03:43 PM
blahblah

Nice little interview with Hitch. It's not commented on a ton, from what I remember, but he has been selling the playoff push like crazy. Encouraging the fans, etc.

I'm quite proud of what this team has done. Let's face it, it's not loaded with top end talent and we've had a lot of things happen where we could have just given up. Tough schedule left in a tight race. Hopefully they finish it off here.

And a big slap to the face of AP, I think it was him, for writing in the Rackers blog that we are in. Gah, you don't do that...

Old
03-26-2009, 04:38 PM
Aging Goalie

Hey who said the argument could get interupted? This little spat has been my afternoon entertainment.

Old
03-26-2009, 06:12 PM
Prophecy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Nice little interview with Hitch. It's not commented on a ton, from what I remember, but he has been selling the playoff push like crazy. Encouraging the fans, etc.

I'm quite proud of what this team has done. Let's face it, it's not loaded with top end talent and we've had a lot of things happen where we could have just given up. Tough schedule left in a tight race. Hopefully they finish it off here.

And a big slap to the face of AP, I think it was him, for writing in the Rackers blog that we are in. Gah, you don't do that...
Yeah, because of AP the evil spirits have decided to keep us out of the playoffs...

I'm crossing my fingers, carrying a rabbits foot and won't walk under any ladders until the season ends. Will that help counteract all of the mystical karma that Porty activated with his blog?

I give up...lol

Old
03-27-2009, 06:00 AM
Handyy

Quote:

That is actually really lame blog entry. You're supposed to create something more than just a cut&paste -job from the media.nhl.com. If you actually want to make some effort, no direct questions from the conference call host should be in that blog entry, but the blogger's own thoughts and writing with Hitchcock's quotes. I know I would be done if I'd post that into a hockey site I write for, using those media conference calls.

I can't call that blog entry anything but a big piece of crap.

Old
03-27-2009, 08:00 AM
chaking

"You don't want to hear that cannon go off," said winger Michael Cammalleri, after letting loose with a curse. "For us, usually if we keep our goals-against down, we win games. Tonight, we didn't score, but we can't be hearing cannons like that."

http://calsun.canoe.ca/Sports/Hockey...02946-sun.html

cannons in their nightmares

Old
03-27-2009, 08:14 AM
Skraut

A really funny interview here featuring a lot of NHL players, but quite a bit of Commie and Nash.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=623808

"A we go on and have a longer relationship and score some more goals, I can trust her more"

"My nob is clean, thanks for asking"

Old
03-27-2009, 08:56 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophecy View Post
Yeah, because of AP the evil spirits have decided to keep us out of the playoffs...

I'm crossing my fingers, carrying a rabbits foot and won't walk under any ladders until the season ends. Will that help counteract all of the mystical karma that Porty activated with his blog?

I give up...lol
I was thinking more on the along the lines of... We're NOT in yet. It's idotic to make claims like that when every game we have left is from someone chasing us. And they are all capable of beating us.

Ask Vacouver, they finished 1-7 last year. They had 86 points with 8 games left.

Nothing to do with "Karma", it has to do with putting the cart before the horse.

Old
03-27-2009, 08:57 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
Amazing how much you blew this entire thing out of proportion. Did I say they're garbage? No, I didn't, nor did I infer it. Saying I thought our blog should have it before a Dallas blog doesn't seem to be the huge slam you seem to have interpreted it as. I love how you blew this entire thing out of proportion.

"Cream your jeans", "woopdee dooo". What are you, 6 years old?
Hitchcock didn't say anything in that teleconference that he hasn't been saying to the Dispatch or to 1460 over the course of this season -- it's just all culled into one big Q&A session in one spot, rather than spread out over months.

Could the Dispatch linked to it? Sure.
Big deal that they didn't? Nope.

Closed Thread