HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline '09

Closed Thread

Old
03-01-2009, 01:06 PM
andimgone

vCash: 500
Trade Deadline '09

NHL Trade Deadline at 1:00 PM (MST) on March 4th

Forwards
Player Cap Hit On Pace For Contract
Olli Jokinen $1,122,995 28G, 28A : 56 PTS SOLD!
Steven Reinprecht $427,807 13G, 27A : 40 PTS UFA
Todd Fedoruk $226,381 6G, 7A : 13 PTS 2 Years @ $1.06M

Defensemen
Ed Jovanovski $1,390,374 7G, 29A : 36 PTS 2 Years @ $6.5M
Derek Morris $837,790 6G, 9A : 16 PTS UFA
David Hale $149,733 4G, 7A : 11 PTS 1 Year @ $700K
*Both Jovanovski and Morris have NTC's (Morris has agreed to waive his)

Goalies
Mikael Tellqvist $171,123 9-6-1 SOLD!

*List based on guys who could potentially be moved or, in some cases, should be moved

Links
TSN Trade Deadline | Sportsnet Trade Tracker | Cap Central

Last edited by andimgone: 03-04-2009 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Tellqvist to BUF; Jokinen to CGY
Old
03-01-2009, 01:24 PM
MP

The Coyotes look like sellers at the moment, and though I'd re-sign Rhino and Morris if their demands were at all reasonable, it looks like it will be difficult to do that until there's a new owner. At this point, I'd see what I could get for all the impending UFAs, but it remains to be seen if Maloney is willing, or permitted by management, to cash in his chips with the team "only" three or four games out of a playoff spot.

Also, Panger said something interesting last night, about how the team may be finished collecting picks and prospects alone, and that DM might be seeking two or three assets, including roster players, in return for Morris. I don't know if that's purely his opinion or if he's heard things, but it doesn't seem terribly improbable that someone has told him something about what DM is asking for in trade.

Old
03-01-2009, 01:27 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

It's sad to see Morris go. I really liked that Morris and Ballard pairing last season. Two really solid, entertaining, gritty defensemen. Hopefully we'll get another good, solid, young defender in exchange for Morris(Butler, Parent, Schultz, Smid, ect.). Summers is similar to those two, as well, and hopefully he's not too far away. He may even end up my favorite of the three.

Old
03-01-2009, 02:18 PM
Jakeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
It's sad to see Morris go. I really liked that Morris and Ballard pairing last season. Two really solid, entertaining, gritty defensemen. Hopefully we'll get another good, solid, young defender in exchange for Morris(Butler, Parent, Schultz, Smid, ect.). Summers is similar to those two, as well, and hopefully he's not too far away. He may even end up my favorite of the three.
I like that list.

Old
03-01-2009, 02:36 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Theres a few teams looking for that extra defensive defenseman and, if the Coyotes are lucky, a little bidding war will ensue. Every little bit this team can get for their players is a plus.

Old
03-01-2009, 02:55 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

I think you need to add Klee to the list. Even though he's a 3rd pairing dman, he's still a UFA and his 50% discount would fit onto even the most cash-strapped roster.

Old
03-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Alamo

Shame to see morris go.

Id like to see steve, jovo, and telly stay

Old
03-01-2009, 03:22 PM
andimgone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouser View Post
I think you need to add Klee to the list. Even though he's a 3rd pairing dman, he's still a UFA and his 50% discount would fit onto even the most cash-strapped roster.
Doesn't Klee have to be offered first to the other teams that put in a claim for him? (Assuming there were other teams that put in a claim).

Old
03-01-2009, 03:25 PM
ParisSaintGermain

Gretzky's post game conference last night was a long praise on Jovo. Said that he liked the fact that he is working hard and is the only guy willing to stand in front of the goalie on the PP. So I don't see him being shopped, particularly with the NTC, but who knows.

I wonder if guys like Lisin or Winnik could be in play to bring better players back as part of possible Jokinen's or Morris's deals.

Old
03-01-2009, 03:37 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
Doesn't Klee have to be offered first to the other teams that put in a claim for him? (Assuming there were other teams that put in a claim).
Yeah, who knows whether another team put in a claim tho.

BTW, the Yotes claimed him when the waiver order still went by the prior season results. So that would mean TB, LAK, ATL, StL, NYI, CLB, and TOR all passed.

Old
03-01-2009, 04:26 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

I don't know what it is, but I feel like we're going to end with Umberger by the end of the deadline.

Old
03-01-2009, 04:31 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
I don't know what it is, but I feel like we're going to end with Umberger by the end of the deadline.
I sincerely hope you're wrong.

Old
03-01-2009, 04:35 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Ditto for me.

Given that Umberger is a local boy (Ohio State alum) and Columbus gave up a lot to get him you'd hope he's not available.

Old
03-01-2009, 04:39 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Oh me too, no doubt.

It's just that Maloney has said he would want a "player for player" deal for Jokinen. Umberger is an NHL player and he's only 26, I think. Of course, I don't think it would be Jokinen for Umberger straight up. I don't want him, but you never know.

Old
03-01-2009, 05:28 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

I don't get the love affair for Umberger. He was exposed to wavers 4 years ago. Anyone could have had him for free back in his VAN days.

Old
03-01-2009, 07:14 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

I forgot where I heard it, but Calgary is looking for a backup for Kipper, right? Do you think if we add Tellqvist with Jokinen we could get something pretty nice out of them? (Assuming that their interest in Jokinen is also true)

Old
03-01-2009, 07:27 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

I just want to fast forward to the draft and the fast forward 2 additional months. This is the lowest I have felt about this team to date. The real bad year where we got Turris, we knew we were bad for 80% of the season, here we have just been plain awful for the month of feb and it's like a kick in the ol manhood. Part of me almost would welcome the team moving, if for only I could imagine we would be inline for a new team before too long. And while rebuilding that would be long an argious, at least it wouldn't be this crap. At this point I would welcome an NHL v. AHL challenge, I would be curious if we could beat an AHL team?

Old
03-01-2009, 07:38 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
I forgot where I heard it, but Calgary is looking for a backup for Kipper, right? Do you think if we add Tellqvist with Jokinen we could get something pretty nice out of them? (Assuming that their interest in Jokinen is also true)
Let's just do one huge trade and take care of everything, all at once. Jokinen, Morris, Reinpecht, Tellqvist, Klee and Hale for Backlund, Pardy, Lombardi, McElhinney, Vandermeer and Pelech.

Old
03-01-2009, 07:43 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Let's just do one huge trade and take care of everything, all at once. Jokinen, Morris, Reinpecht, Tellqvist, Klee and Hale for Backlund, Pardy, Lombardi, McElhinney, Vandermeer and Pelech.
We could do Keenan for Gretzky too. We get a questionably competent coach for our team, and Canada gets its "favorite son" back.

Old
03-01-2009, 09:03 PM
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTurris View Post
I don't get the love affair for Umberger. He was exposed to wavers 4 years ago. Anyone could have had him for free back in his VAN days.
He scored some goals in the playoffs, yippee! He's just another version of Ryan Malone (overvalued based on playoff performance)

Old
03-02-2009, 12:08 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

I know Philly has been rumored to want a goalie for the stretch run but I'm also wondering what the Caps and Wings are thinking after both taking shallackings just days before the deadline.

Old
03-02-2009, 06:50 AM
Vitto79

Rangers will take Jokinen , Reinprecht, Fedourek,Hale, Morris for Gomez, Dawes, Prucha , Voros , Sauer, 2nd rounder

would you do it?.............of course this is too many players and will never happen,haha

Last edited by Vitto79: 03-02-2009 at 07:37 AM.
Old
03-02-2009, 07:43 AM
k1llua

Send a message via AIM to k1llua
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Rangers will take Jokinen , Reinprecht, Fedourek,Hale, Morris for Gomez, Dawes, Prucha , Voros , Sauer, 2nd rounder

would you do it?.............of course this is too many players and will never happen,haha
Think about it. Why would a financially struggling franchise, like the Phoenix Coyotes agree to a deal where they took on more salary than gave?

Old
03-02-2009, 10:31 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post

This is at least the fourth or fifth time I've seen you propose Gomez for Jokinen. It's been explained to you each time why such a deal is impossible. Adding quality player like Reinprecht and Morris from our side and useless pieces of garbage like Prucha and Voros from your side doesn't make any difference. Quit beating a dead horse.

IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!

GIVE IT UP!!!

Old
03-02-2009, 11:05 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=614573

Quote:
Originally Posted by habaholic View Post
I was wondering if anybody heard Bobby Mac's segment on the team 990 this morning and if so, if you could kindly post a little break down of it, if there was any mention of the habs that is.

It would greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Valk View Post
- Philly wants to get rid of Briere, no word as to where he might go

- Gainey is still looking for a top six forward, likely a center, mentioned Dominic Moore as a possibility

- Kaberle rumours from Boston fabricated

- Antropov will definitely be traded, Ponikarovsky also likely to leave T.O.

- Ottawa will trade both Neil and Kuba

- Phoenix does not want much for Jokinen, McKenzie called it a "soft deal" to be had
We're going to have lost Keith Ballard for Plekanec and a 2010 2nd round pick, or something!

Last edited by rt: 03-02-2009 at 11:13 AM.
Closed Thread