HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pronger, 3rd for Filppula, Stuart, 1st

Old
03-02-2009, 12:25 AM
blankspace6

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
ah, didnt know that

was just curious as Det is one place not being mentioned for Pronger, and he seems like exactly what they need right now...
Pronger seems like an awful fit in Detroit to me. They're currently 28th on the PK. His undisciplined play is not what the Wings need to add, plus the fact that he won't come cheap in a trade, or in salary taken on for next season.

Havelid to Detroit seems to be a very reasonable possibility for many reasons. He's Swedish, plays a physical but smart and disciplined game, price tag is considerably cheaper in comparison to others, he's a veteran with plenty of experience, and he is a +4 on the 2nd worst team in the league, all while logging a ton of minutes on Atlanta's 1st pairing. His ties to McCrimmon and Hossa certainly don't hurt the likelihood of the move either. Detroit has had a scout at almost all Thrasher home games for quite some time now.

blankspace6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 12:31 AM
ZDH

Havelid is definitely getting dealt, I could see Detroit getting him.

ZDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 12:54 AM
Birko19

Pronger on Detroit would be Derian Hatcher with better PP skills, sorry, he does not fit with Detroit's style, not fast enough.

Birko19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 12:59 AM
iamtherunner

I don't see why the Ducks wouldn't do this, if they really are shopping Pronger how could anyone offer more than this? They get a young top six forward with tons of potential, a top 4 defenseman signed for a few more seasons and a 1st round draft picks.
I just don't think Detroit is looking to commit anymore money for next year with all the FA's they need to sign, that's where this deal breaks down. For me it's good value for both teams.

iamtherunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 04:41 AM
Caps8112

Detroit runs with that. yes they would be screwed this summer but its not like they invest in goalies and they always seem to have spare parts that are replaced by amazing rookies no one has ever heard of. Ana is giving pronger away in this deal. Stuart has only ever been good in detroit, but thats the same for a lot of players

Caps8112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 04:46 AM
B0ST0N11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
ah, didnt know that

was just curious as Det is one place not being mentioned for Pronger, and he seems like exactly what they need right now...
Everyone needs Pronger

B0ST0N11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 04:48 AM
Respect Your Edler
Thank You 52

I don't think Detroit would care about cap concerns. It's Chris ****ing Pronger. If you need the space you can always move him in the summer, he has a decent contract and he's an impact player. Besides, it's not like you're filling up the space with a bad player and the term is very good.

Respect Your Edler is offline   Reply With Quote