HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

What does Fedotenko bring to the team?

Closed Thread

Old
03-02-2004, 01:19 AM
FanSince2014
What'd He Say?

vCash: 500
What does Fedotenko bring to the team?

Does he bring some intangible quality to the team?
Are you happy with what he brings to the team?

Would you rather TB kept that draft pick back and possibly picked Pitkanen?
Are you P'ed off that you have Fedotenko and not Pitkanen?

What did TB get for the two 2nd round picks they also got from the Flyers?

Not TRYING to be abrasive here, just wondering.

Old
03-02-2004, 01:37 AM
Rschmitz

Trade brought Fedotenko and 2 second round picks. One was traded for Brad Lukowich the other was used to draft Adam Heinrich. Pitkanen is a can't miss blue chip prospect, and Feaster should have gotten more than what he did. But Fedotenko is deffinatly a player and he has helped this team tremendously. He was brought in to score 20-30 goals and play on Lecavalier's line. He hasn't always lived up to those expectations, but now he is a couple years older and has developed his game more. He doesn't got St. Louis speed or puck handeling, or Lecavaliers talent, but he deffinatly belongs on one of the top 2 lines and lately has looked every bit worth that deal. Maybe with a full season next year on Lecavalier's and St. Louis's line he will finally meet those expectations.

He's got a good shot and decent speed, enough to play with St. Louis and Lecavalier. His best trait however is probably his defensive play and ability to get open around the net. That doesn't sound like much but this team has gone almost 4 years trying to look for decent linemates for Lecavalier, and not until last year when Prospal played with Lecavalier and Fedotenko did this come to fruition.

Last edited by Rschmitz: 03-02-2004 at 01:42 AM.
Old
03-02-2004, 11:21 AM
petec1978*

His best traits, IMO is that he's excellent at moving the puck through the neutral zone with speed and he rarely takes a shift off.

-Pete Choquette

Old
03-02-2004, 01:04 PM
jstreim

I think Fedotenko has vastly improved since the beginning of this year (even since January). He has really developed his judgement and eyes for the ice. Feds is starting to put the puck in the right place at the right time. Proof of this could be seen last night vs. Colorado on the Lecavalier goal. Of course, anyone with an incling of hockey talant would have been able to make that pass, but my point is that he is no longer jumping too quickly into the play by trying to take an impossible pass or shot. He's waiting for his linemates to get into position before trying to make a play. Kudos to Fedotenko for a solid game.

Old
05-22-2004, 06:45 PM
FanSince2014
What'd He Say?

Does anyone remember this post?

What do you think now?

Old
05-22-2004, 08:59 PM
HughJass*

Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
If he carries this consistency to the next series and onto next season then you can say "Prospal/Pitkanen who?"

Old
05-22-2004, 09:29 PM
Hoek

We can already say "Prospal who?" Stillman had the same number of points AND more goals than Vaclav had last year to boot.

Old
05-22-2004, 09:59 PM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHurricane16
If he carries this consistency to the next series and onto next season then you can say "Prospal/Pitkanen who?"
That's what I'm looking for. He's turned it on, now I hope he does it consistently!

I love Prospal, I will never say "Prospal who?", but I bet he's crying off on a golf course somewhere right now!

Old
05-23-2004, 06:41 AM
Padawan
Former *********

I've been watching Lightning games from the Montreal series and Fedotenko has been a surprise to me. I was surprised how well he drives to the net and looks for an opporturnity to score. In the last two games Fedotenko has been one of the best players for Tampa Bay imo.

Old
05-24-2004, 05:04 AM
patastrophe

Send a message via Yahoo to patastrophe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos
That's what I'm looking for. He's turned it on, now I hope he does it consistently!

I love Prospal, I will never say "Prospal who?", but I bet he's crying off on a golf course somewhere right now!
i always kinda felt that prospal's success in tb had more to do with linemates than anything else. i was pretty stunned when murray gave him that fat contract in anaheim. a good player, but not a 4 mil a year (roughly) player.

you guys might know the specifics on this, but didnt murray trade him to you guys when he was panthers team wrecker, i mean gm? i know he was the gm that brought him to the panthers, but i cant remember if it was murray or torrey that traded him to the bolts.

Old
05-24-2004, 10:21 AM
NYR Khabby Fan

he brings young leadershiop and intensity i would say something nyr could use in there youth the kid seems like a good hockey player has 8 goals not bad at all

Old
05-24-2004, 11:34 AM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by patastrophe
i always kinda felt that prospal's success in tb had more to do with linemates than anything else. i was pretty stunned when murray gave him that fat contract in anaheim. a good player, but not a 4 mil a year (roughly) player.

you guys might know the specifics on this, but didnt murray trade him to you guys when he was panthers team wrecker, i mean gm? i know he was the gm that brought him to the panthers, but i cant remember if it was murray or torrey that traded him to the bolts.
The Prospal trade took place on July 10, 2001, not sure who your GM was at the time, but you can probably figure it out from the date. The one article I found didn't mention who it was.

Old
05-24-2004, 02:16 PM
joeminus

Send a message via AIM to joeminus Send a message via Yahoo to joeminus
The Panthers acquired Prospal after Murray was fired.

Torrey brought him in, and later traded him to Tampa.

Old
05-25-2004, 12:23 AM
Rschmitz

^^^^BAM Johnny on the spot

Old
05-25-2004, 02:22 AM
patastrophe

Send a message via Yahoo to patastrophe
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeminus
The Panthers acquired Prospal after Murray was fired.

Torrey brought him in, and later traded him to Tampa.
thanks joe...we made so many bad trades then theyre hard to keep track of. and now we might get to see some more yay!

i have to say in all honesty, i was beginning to see things through a tampa fan's eyes with the constantly rotating prospects and so forth...willing to give duds another season to see if he'd come through with the veterans he promised, but im not exactly crying over his dismissal if we get martin out of the deal. my full thoughts on this matter are over on the panthers board.

but why, oh why, for god's sake why MIKE KEENAN?

Closed Thread