HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Z getting a free pass?

Old
03-02-2009, 05:09 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
I'd say that's because Drury and Gomez's mistakes have been much more costly this season.
They also each make close to 5 mil more than Zherdev and are supposed to be the leaders of the team.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 05:19 PM
Turambar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers3018 View Post
They also each make close to 5 mil more than Zherdev and are supposed to be the leaders of the team.
While the dollar figure doesn't really matter to me (although I understand it matters to others), the latter part of your post does.

Gomez & Drury were heralded as the next leadership group of this team, and maybe rightfully so (without looking in hindsight, anyway) when they walked away from Jagr, but they also come with a certain amount of experience, and that alone is reason to be more critical of one of them than of Zherdev, who is really still just a kid. In Zherdev we got exactly what was advertised, along with the potential for a lot more. In Gomez & Drury we're getting nothing more than an underwhelming performance, almost night in and night out.

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 05:36 PM
Smoochie

Zherdev is like Alexey Kovalev, you would think that he could be a consistant 40-goal scorer but for some strange reason I think he's going to score 40 + goals only few times during his NHL career. He is what he is, accept it or you might find yorself very dissapointed.

Smoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 06:06 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltontin orrov View Post
Zherdev is like Alexey Kovalev, you would think that he could be a consistant 40-goal scorer but for some strange reason I think he's going to score 40 + goals only few times during his NHL career. He is what he is, accept it or you might find yorself very dissapointed.
I'm not even expecting that.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 06:30 PM
Smoochie

[QUOTE=FutureGM97;18287969]I'm not even expecting that.[/QUOT

neither do I, but fans in Columbus expected alot from Zherdev and when he didn't perform like they thought he's going to perform, they labeled him lazy, underachiever etc.. Same thing happened with Kovalev during his first stint with NYR.

Smoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 06:52 PM
allstar3970

the dollar figure doesnt mean anything to me...i think that yes though gomez/drury are supposed to be the leaders and have been rightfully criticized, Z's mistakes are met with "oh thats just zherdev for ya"

this thread isnt about gomez/drury getting unfair shakes...they've been rightfully criticized for the most part (though Drury possibly undeserving in some ways since some overrate the Captaincy), this is about Zherdev receiving almost no criticism whatsoever despite lackluster play.

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 07:16 PM
nyrangersfan

Zman

Z is the talented player and he's unselfish. He flies into the zone and instead of going straight to the net or shooting, he is looking (and does) make a great pass!
He desperately needs the same type of player who would understand him, so that both can blast one timers from each other passes.

nyrangersfan is offline   Reply With Quote