I don't think its a good idea to say how long Bertuzzi should be suspended for based on an incident where the suspension was too light. Johnson should have gotten more. Bertuzzi's is worse, and his suspension is about right.
My point is essentially that letting one guy off easy is no reason to let another guy off easy.
1) Beukeboom got into two more fights after the Johnson's fight, I wonder how much that contributed to his ending concussion?
2) There has been disputes on Beukeboom playing dirty in the game and slew footing Glen Murray. If this is the case, Johnson didn't wait until 2 weeks after and went after Beukeboom there.
3) Beukeboom might still be feeling the after effects of the concussion but recently I read he got a coaching job and plays a little hockey here and there.
4) I am not saying this is right or not but as a fair warning to anyone who comes into this thread saying Bertuzzi shouldn't have gotten suspended as much because these guys live by the sword, and go by the sword, Beukeboom wasn't a very clean player. He took out Ferraro for half a season by damaging his knee. I'm not saying Beukeboom deserved what he got though.
5) As Bookman said, it makes sense the suspension should be stiffer everytime someone does something like this simply because players will look at it and go, he got 12 games, the next guy got 24...do I want 36 or whatever games?
As a response to Freudian: I hope to God someone goes after Ruutu and Cooke personally.