HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Future Considerations - Returning Savage to the 'Yotes

Closed Thread

Old
03-12-2004, 01:35 PM
King of Stankonia

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to King of Stankonia
Future Considerations - Returning Savage to the 'Yotes

According to Spector's Trade Rumours:

BLUES COULD RETURN SAVAGE TO PHOENIX.

ESPN.COM: E.J. Hradek reported the St. Louis Blues can return recently-acquired winger Brian Savage to the Phoenix Coyotes at the end of the season. The Blues will pay the remainder of his salary for this season, and if Savage won't accept a pay cut to remain with them, he'll be returned to the Coyotes, who'll likely buy out the remainder of his contract.

Old
03-12-2004, 03:36 PM
TimothyR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubina_Fan
BLUES COULD RETURN SAVAGE TO PHOENIX.

ESPN.COM: E.J. Hradek reported the St. Louis Blues can return recently-acquired winger Brian Savage to the Phoenix Coyotes at the end of the season. The Blues will pay the remainder of his salary for this season, and if Savage won't accept a pay cut to remain with them, he'll be returned to the Coyotes, who'll likely buy out the remainder of his contract.
I saw this when the Blues picked him up. This is a good move. He was very unimpressive in his first game. I know you can say that it was only his first game, but Sillinger made much more of a contribution. Savage seemed to float an awful lot.

Old
03-12-2004, 05:14 PM
Nick Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimothyR
I saw this when the Blues picked him up. This is a good move. He was very unimpressive in his first game. I know you can say that it was only his first game, but Sillinger made much more of a contribution. Savage seemed to float an awful lot.

Its hard to gauge both Savage and Weight last night because Mellanby was so flat out awful. Its a shame because Mel is such a warrior but he really needs to hang em up. He is done.

Old
03-12-2004, 07:46 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimothyR
Its a very good move by the Note. If Savage pulls a Val Bureon us he will be gone just as fast as old Val was.

Old
03-13-2004, 11:19 AM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

I think I hear somewhere (TSN analysts I believe Pierre Macguire) that these trades are dangerous, because there is not guarantee that it will happen. It cannot be a written stipulation in the trade, it is more of a verbal thing.

There is not guarantee that the GM will honour the stipulation or even that the GM will still have a job to be able to honour the stipulation.

Still, better stipulation this way than Pleau giving up Van Ryn last year to get that stipulation with Florida.

Old
03-13-2004, 02:57 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaphodBeeblebrox
I think I hear somewhere (TSN analysts I believe Pierre Macguire) that these trades are dangerous, because there is not guarantee that it will happen. It cannot be a written stipulation in the trade, it is more of a verbal thing.

There is not guarantee that the GM will honour the stipulation or even that the GM will still have a job to be able to honour the stipulation.

Still, better stipulation this way than Pleau giving up Van Ryn last year to get that stipulation with Florida.
Good points, I guess we will just have to see what happens then.

Old
03-14-2004, 02:53 PM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
If nothing else, the "future considerations" was Tom Koivisto. (Read: we didn't lose anything.)

03-19-2004, 10:01 AM
H.M.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
If nothing else, the "future considerations" was Tom Koivisto. (Read: we didn't lose anything.)
I'd rather have Kovisto than Savage. Blues will be bounced in the first round and the SAvage acquistion does nothing in the long run. Koivisto at least was scoring points for the IceCats.

Old
03-19-2004, 10:17 AM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.M.D.
I'd rather have Kovisto than Savage. Blues will be bounced in the first round and the SAvage acquistion does nothing in the long run. Koivisto at least was scoring points for the IceCats.
Yeah, lets keep his old butt in the minors taking away time from guys who have a chance to make the NHL. Even better yet, lets have him teach the youngsters to play Defense. What a wonderfull idea.

Actually, Kovisto leaving will free up time for Byrne and MacKenzie. They will get more time and play in important situations (PP). I agree that Savage doesn't bring a lot, but the truth is, he has given us 1 goal (which for a team that can't really score is important, 20 goal season is 1 every four games).

But this is removes his $$ from the Blues books since I believe he has a 1 way contract so the Blues were paying to have him play in the minors. And it will allow younger players a chance to play (this will help in the long run).

Thanks for playing....

Old
03-19-2004, 05:04 PM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.M.D.
I think Savage will be a decent surprise down the stretch and in the playoffs. He'll definitely add more to the Blues than Koivisto, who reminds me of Tom Tilley (put up good IHL stats, was IHL all-star, stunk it up in the NHL).

Closed Thread