Notices

Havelid to The Devils: Now What???

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2009, 12:52 AM
Magnus Fulgur

vCash: 500
Havelid who?

Salmela looked strong in his first game as a Thrasher. I guarantee that with Havelid's passive play that Atlanta gets blown out otherwise in this game. It helps that Havelid has been replaced with Bogosian in the roster too.

Old
03-15-2009, 05:43 PM
Boognish

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Aurumque View Post
I know that was sarcasm, but IMO, Andy Sutton gets a little bit too much criticism from Thrashers fans in the same way that Bryan McCabe got unfair criticism from Leafs fans. Sutton was an absolute beast at blocking shots. He also threw some great hits, and put on a show with some good fights during his time in Atlanta. I'd take him over Exelby at the very least.
Talk about damning with faint praise. Sutton was a boob. He constantly backed into the crease and obstructed his own goalie; he took selfish penalties and constantly lost track of his man which frequently resulted in a goal. He was also painfully unaware that he was the biggest guy on the ice and rarely displayed any aggression until the play was over. And worst of all he never stuck up for his goalie, a problem the entire team had for more than a few years.

Closed Thread