HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Botta:NYI will keep Witt unless overpaid

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2009, 12:20 PM
txpd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by isles31 View Post
how is witt a dirty player? i dont get the post after post calling him the dirtiest player etcetc(and im not singling you out so please dont feel i am) does he normally headhunt? does he hit from behind? does he charge people? yes he elbowed hagman and got suspended for the first time in years. just bc he doesnt play the game like a puss doesnt mean hes dirty.
Witt is an old time hockey crease clearing defenseman with a reputation. He is dirty in the middle of the dirty scale. He is not cheap and he is not usually dangerous. So, he is not Ruutu dirty and he is not Hollweg dirty. He is tactically dirty.

He is more than willing to punch a guy in an after the whistle crease scrum and his willing to raise an elbow to get someone's attention.

Plain and simple, he scares guys. Many of the best forwards in the league are afraid of him. He is a biker on skates. Ever seen his tattoo collection?

Old
03-03-2009, 12:25 PM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesFanatic View Post
Let this sink in: 4 cups in 83 years and 4 cups in 37 years. Sunk in yet?
You are really reaching. I'm in my 40's and the cup in 94 is becoming a distant memory. How many of your fans really remember the those cups? Lets be honest you guys have been an enormous bag of suckiness for about the last 20 years. Twenty frikkin years of not winning a playoff series. Twenty years of playing in the Mausoleum. Twenty years of crappy ownership and twenty years of horrible gms. With all the high draft picks you've had in that time you should have more to show for it then the karate kid, Josh Baily and Kyle Okposo. Even with the tragic passing of Cherry we still have a brighter future then you guys. Dolan and Sather may be less than a dream team but they certainly have done better than the Isles. This coming from a guy who thinks that Rangers ownership and management has been mediocare at best for the last 10 years!!

Old
03-03-2009, 12:25 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
Witt is an old time hockey crease clearing defenseman with a reputation. He is dirty in the middle of the dirty scale. He is not cheap and he is not usually dangerous. So, he is not Ruutu dirty and he is not Hollweg dirty. He is tactically dirty.

He is more than willing to punch a guy in an after the whistle crease scrum and his willing to raise an elbow to get someone's attention.

Plain and simple, he scares guys. Many of the best forwards in the league are afraid of him. He is a biker on skates. Ever seen his tattoo collection?
Absolutely correct and for that he is villified. That's called old time hockey, not this ***** new NHL ****. Witt plays the game the right way and unfortunately made a bad error in judgment and is now paying the price. He has repeatedly said that he meant no ill will and actually tried to find Hagman to apologize and see how he was doing. Every team wants a guy like Witt on their backline.

Old
03-03-2009, 12:27 PM
denis

Yawn. Isles had Milbury; Rangers HAVE Sather. There's something worse than being bad -- it's being capped out and mediocre. Meanwhile, I'm buying popcorn for the Torts and Avery show.

Old
03-03-2009, 12:28 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers View Post
You are really reaching. I'm in my 40's and the cup in 94 is becoming a distant memory. How many of your fans really remember the those cups? Lets be honest you guys have been an enormous bag of suckiness for about the last 20 years. Twenty frikkin years of not winning a playoff series. Twenty years of playing in the Mausoleum. Twenty years of crappy ownership and twenty years of horrible gms. With all the high draft picks you've had in that time you should have more to show for it then the karate kid, Josh Baily and Kyle Okposo. Even with the tragic passing of Cherry we still have a brighter future then you guys. Dolan and Sather may be less than a dream team but they certainly have done better than the Isles. This coming from a guy who thinks that Rangers ownership and management has been mediocare at best for the last 10 years!!
You are absolutely right, we have been in major suckiness for many many years but Rag$ fans tend to forget that their team missed the playoffs for 7 straight seasons as well. The Rag$ fans view of history is a bit skewed cause it aint much better than The Isles.

Old
03-03-2009, 12:35 PM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyPic View Post
Round 2, *****es!

Brendan Witt's elbow has nothing on Tie DOME-i's blueline roaring elbow on Niedermeyer a few years ago.

Mick Vukota bathes in Ranger blood.

You're calling my organization a joke? You? Really?

The New York Rangers are now and forever, CLOWN SHOES. You fabricate accomplishments, took the entire cold war off as a franchise, imported the entire Oilers dynasty to buy a cup and have done NOTHING but suck since. I can't wait to beat that Ranger Ass thursday. Cannot Wait.

You wanna talk about setting an organization back? Look at Slats! Slats, with the Avery signing alone, probably has you guys AT THE CAP WITH NO ESCAPE CLAUSE.

He's a failure. And he's bullet proof because he's Jimbo's boy.

now, I'm willing to put away the nuclear arms until Thursday so we can focus on the Deadline. Does that work?

We can hold the vitrol until then like adults, no?
Vukota never hurt anyone other than Jeff "Born Again Chistian" Bloemberg in his life. His best move was the double leg take down. Go watch some old fighs were Joey destroys either Vukota or Baumgartner. Joey and Domi OWNED THE FISHIES! Just like Colton Orr beat Godard outta town.

Anyway, I'm not a supporter of Slats but to say that Slats has done a worse job then anyone employed by the Isles since the 80's is a complete joke!! Look how many high draft picks (meaning top 10) you've had over the last twenty years. How many impact players, atleast ones that you didn't trade away, has this produced?

There plenty of fans of teams in the NHL that can come down and laugh at the Rangers. Certainly fishies fans, who haven't seen their team WIN A PLAYOFF SERIES in almost 20 years, can't. Read that sentence again. ITS BEEN ALMOST TWENTY YEARS SINCE YOUR TEAM HAS WON A PLAYOFF SERIES. Not the cup, or a conferance championship but one, lousy playoff series. Not one. Zippo, zilch, nada, THE BIG ZERO. Say all you want about cups that where won a quarter of a century ago and get back to the part about not winning a playoff series for the last two decades. Enough said, this kind of abuse, in todays world, might be viewed as cruel and unusual punishment.

Old
03-03-2009, 12:37 PM
RoseTintedVisor
Frans Nielsen?!?!?

Quote:
With all the high draft picks you've had in that time you should have more to show for it then the karate kid, Josh Baily and Kyle Okposo. E
Excuse me? Who on the Rangers roster is a better homegrown forward the Okposo?

****ing DUBINSKY? Nigel Dawes?

You slay me.

Old
03-03-2009, 12:44 PM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
Excuse me? Who on the Rangers roster is a better homegrown forward the Okposo?

****ing DUBINSKY? Nigel Dawes?

You slay me.
Yep, Dubinsky is. Lets keep going. Who on the Isles roster or farm system is better than Staal, or Girardi or Sangs or MDZ or Sauer or Lundqvist? I can continue. How about Grachev, Ansimov, or Stepan? If for one minute you think your team has better youth or prospects then the Rangers then I'll take a pound of whatever your smoking.

We got a much better goalie who isn't injury prone. Five or six d-men young d-men who would probably be top 4 in your organization and more forwards.

Who do you have outside of Okposo and Bailey? Comeau? Tamballeni? What about on the back line. You got squat and thats after not winning a playoff series in 20 years.

You could have had Spezza. You could have had Chara. You could have had some really top flight talent but luckily for us Rangers fans you had Milbury, Wang and now Snow. I'm happy, are you?

Old
03-03-2009, 12:47 PM
TOML

There's no doubt that Snow likes Witt... Why else would he re-sign him in the midst of a rebuilding process?

Meanwhile, he's not worth all that much. He'll stay on. Streit needs somebody to play with.

Old
03-03-2009, 12:48 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Yep, Dubinsky is. Lets keep going. Who on the Isles roster or farm system is better than Staal, or Girardi or Sangs or MDZ or Sauer or Lundqvist? I can continue. How about Grachev, Ansimov, or Stepan? If for one minute you think your team has better youth or prospects then the Rangers then I'll take a pound of whatever your smoking.

We got a much better goalie who isn't injury prone. Five or six d-men young d-men who would probably be top 4 in your organization and more forwards.

Who do you have outside of Okposo and Bailey? Comeau? Tamballeni? What about on the back line. You got squat and thats after not winning a playoff series in 20 years.

You could have had Spezza. You could have had Chara. You could have had some really top flight talent but luckily for us Rangers fans you had Milbury, Wang and now Snow. I'm happy, are you?
I agree with you excpet for the fact that Dubinsky is NOT better than Okposo. No chance of that.

Old
03-03-2009, 12:51 PM
RoseTintedVisor
Frans Nielsen?!?!?

Quote:
Dubinsky is NOT better than Okposo. No chance of that.
Thank You.

Joensuu. Comeau. Bailey. Okposo. Bergenhiem. Nielsen. Figren. Eventually, Petrov. That's WIN.

The Backline is a work in progress, but Streit's better than anything on your blueline.

Old
03-03-2009, 12:51 PM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
I agree with you excpet for the fact that Dubinsky is NOT better than Okposo. No chance of that.
Fair enough! I think he is but we will see in 3 or 4 years after they've both developed. I'll take either guy on my team any day.

Old
03-03-2009, 12:52 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Fair enough! I think he is but we will see in 3 or 4 years after they've both developed. I'll take either guy on my team any day.
As would I. Dubinsky plays the game the right way. KO and Bailey are good starts for the Isles. Let's see what we can do in this year's draft.

Old
03-03-2009, 12:57 PM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
Thank You.

Joensuu. Comeau. Bailey. Okposo. Bergenhiem. Nielsen. Figren. Eventually, Petrov. That's WIN.

The Backline is a work in progress, but Streit's better than anything on your blueline.
Sure, OK I guess win in your book means twenty more years of not winning a playoff series. Wait until Grachev, Anisimov, Stepan, Hagelin and Byers join Dubinsky, Cally and Prucha.

Also, work in progress must be fishie fan talk for WE SUCK! How convenient to ignore Staal, Girardi, Sangs, MDZ, and Sauer all who would be playing for the fishies right now. Also, only in a fishie fans eyes is Streit better than anything on the Rangers blue line. Tell you what. Go do a trade proposal of Staal for Streit. See how badly you get blasted. Should be fun.

Finally how about Lundqvist. Yep, the ever fragile karate kid compared to The King is hardly a comparison, right.

Face it -- Twenty years of sucking and you still have no future. Like I said, I'm happy!

Old
03-03-2009, 12:58 PM
RoseTintedVisor
Frans Nielsen?!?!?

Dubes is a keeper, no doubt.

However, I see Okposo evolving into Mark Recchi. I see Dubinsky evolving into Adam Graves.

Recchi > Graves

We're about to have an elite franchise player at the draft. You know it. It makes you nervous.

Old
03-03-2009, 01:00 PM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
As would I. Dubinsky plays the game the right way. KO and Bailey are good starts for the Isles. Let's see what we can do in this year's draft.
Actually I am scared about what you guys will pick up in the draft this year. I know on the one hand I'm laughing at your management (and Vinnypic --REMOVED) but to be totally honest Snowy has shocked me and done a decent job. You should be able to pick up 2 or 3 excellent players in the draft this year starting with either of Hedman or Tavares. Good start and will give me a reason to start hating the Isles again instead of just pitying them.

Last edited by JerseyRangers: 03-03-2009 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Removed call vinnypic a opinionated tool. LOL!
Old
03-03-2009, 01:04 PM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
Dubes is a keeper, no doubt.

However, I see Okposo evolving into Mark Recchi. I see Dubinsky evolving into Adam Graves.

Recchi > Graves

We're about to have an elite franchise player at the draft. You know it. It makes you nervous.
See, why did you have to go and do that? Especially after I said you where a tool in the other response. Your going and actually making sense now. Anyway, I personally would take a healthy Graves in his prime over a healthy Recchi in his prime. Both where 50 goal scorers but Graves was more physical. If you are right then it should make for a good rivalry in the future.

Also, you are damn right about this draft. You guys are going to pick up 2 or 3 excellent players. Please, can you guys bring back Mad Mike just for this draft. I promise never to laugh at you guys again. Deal?

Old
03-03-2009, 01:10 PM
OpAck

Quote:
Lets go back to Potvin. I never complained about the Nilsson hit -- never stated it was dirty cause I know it wasn't. The stuff about beating his wife you and I will never know the answer. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. I still believe the wife. We all know the fairer sex would never lie about anything like that.
Eh, you lost your Raggie fanboy steam here...calling an Islander great a "spineless wife beater"...then admitting, "yeah maybe it did happen...maybe it didn't". Don't forget, your team attempted to sign that spineless scum back in 1993 and bring him out of retirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers
After this is where you complete lose credibility. Not sure what you can say about either Kocur or Domi. These guys where warriors. Sure maybe Kocur destroyed your boy Brad Dalgarno and lets face it after the arrival of Kocur and Domi your duo of Baumgartner and Vukota never stood a chance. Joey ran roughshod over your boys and pretty much since then, with the exception of Cairns, you haven't had an enforcer that could match anything the Rangers have put out there. You lose there.
Not too fast, bub.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbQQawnj1jE I believe it was Arron Asham that made Matthew Barnaby cry. This is the same clip where your goldenboy Mark Messier is choking the smallest guy on the Isles (JD even admitted it)...and a Ranger by the name of Chris Simon is suckerpunching a Dave Scatchard...who by the way, is refusing to fight because of his shoulder brace.

And who can forget DiPietro taking Montoya out.

And well...I do recall a guy by the name of Dale Purinton, who not only was too scared to fight Cairns after suckerpunching him in the face, but I do recall him bearhugging Eric Godard in a fight because he was too scared of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers
Also, you can't honestly compare Dolan to Spano, Milstein, Kumar or Wang. These guys are first rate arse clowns! Most professional organizations go forever without being owned by a felon. The Isles, on the other hand, embrace them. Go figure. No wonder you haven't won a playoff series in 20 years. That's a record for futility unmatched by any professional organization in North America. Let that sink in and continue to laugh at Sean Avery.
Since when have the Isles "embraced" felons?

And you wanna talk about an owner being a first rate arse clown? Right now, go ask Dolan why I'm not allowed to watch any of their games in HD on NHL Center Ice?

Old
03-03-2009, 01:22 PM
embracedbias

Quote:
Originally Posted by isles31 View Post
hes a hardnosed player who made a stupid and dirty reactionary play. it was a really bad elbow and i in no way approve of plays like this, but that doesnt make him a dirty player...getting in one accident in 10 yrs doesnt make you a bad driver...maybe a weak analogy bc of the word accident, but it really doesnt look like witt lined him up for an elbow like, say...cam jansen...

and yes, it was right in his ****** face...but nobody told hagman to pick his head up and step back...shouldve just gotted lindros'd and all would be fine and witt wouldnt be the worlds most hated and dirtiest defenseman

seriously, i hope hagman is ok tho, im just messing around. i just dont think witt is nearly AS dirty as other players but hes ripped apart all over the boards
In all honesty, I like Witt. He's a good hard-nosed player. If Hagman recovers and doesn't have concussion problems I doubt I'll even remember the incident. There is, of course, a chance that he's never the same player. If thats the case then I'm going to be forced to hate Witt forever and hope that someone gets retribution. I don't buy all of that "Hagman shouldn't of picked up his head and stepped back" B.S.. Shouldn't blame the victim, after all. Doesn't matter if he played as soft as Kyle Wellwood for the rest of his career, there is no excuse for such blatant hits to the head, and he will forever be deemed a dirty player, in my mind, because of it.

P.S.- I'm loving the Islander-Ranger fan conflict on this thread. Although, the way things are looking this season, it's kind of like two sumo wrestlers making fun of each others weight. (Leafs aren't much better).

Old
03-03-2009, 01:29 PM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
Eh, you lost your Raggie fanboy steam here...calling an Islander great a "spineless wife beater"...then admitting, "yeah maybe it did happen...maybe it didn't". Don't forget, your team attempted to sign that spineless scum back in 1993 and bring him out of retirement.

Not too fast, bub.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbQQawnj1jE I believe it was Arron Asham that made Matthew Barnaby cry. This is the same clip where your goldenboy Mark Messier is choking the smallest guy on the Isles (JD even admitted it)...and a Ranger by the name of Chris Simon is suckerpunching a Dave Scatchard...who by the way, is refusing to fight because of his shoulder brace.

And who can forget DiPietro taking Montoya out.

And well...I do recall a guy by the name of Dale Purinton, who not only was too scared to fight Cairns after suckerpunching him in the face, but I do recall him bearhugging Eric Godard in a fight because he was too scared of him.

Since when have the Isles "embraced" felons?

And you wanna talk about an owner being a first rate arse clown? Right now, go ask Dolan why I'm not allowed to watch any of their games in HD on NHL Center Ice?
Thats alot of nothing. Don't even know where to start. Potvin is a *******! He beat his wife, the dog, the mailman, his kids and little puppies. We as Rangers fans will always hate him.

Mess, the goldenboy, is better then any fishie player to ever play hockey. To fishie fans he shoud only be referred to as Mr. Messier. I do love him chocking the crap outta Blake. Never seen that pasty faced midget turn so red. Notice that no one in a fishie uniform dared to go after Mess. They realize he would destoy them. Also, I seem to remember Purinto making hamburger meat outta Jim Cummins' face as well as Dan "The Barbarian" Cloutier pummeling one or your goalies. Can you say turtle?

I just figured that since they've had 3 owners who where felons that they must embrace them. My bad. Guess the people that run your franchise are just too dumb to figure out who to sell the team to.

I don't have Dolan's number but maybe if you would pay your cable bill you'd get your service. Anyway, Dolan may not be the best owner but atleast he isn't pressuring his GM to give 20 year contracts to players who are as brittle as china (isn't that where wang is from, btw)?

Old
03-03-2009, 01:42 PM
1islefan

Quote:
Wait until Grachev, Anisimov, Stepan, Hagelin and Byers join Dubinsky, Cally and Prucha.
add MDZ, Sauer, Sangs, etc... And what have any of these these guys proven thus far? Wait, I'll answer that for you, NOTHING! The same holds true for DiBenedetto, Gratchev, Petrov, Rakhshani, Joensuu, Katic, Kessel, Ullsrtom, Hamonic, etc...

Quote:
Face it -- Twenty years of sucking and you still have no future. Like I said, I'm happy!
Yes, I agree with you 100%, and your future looks extremelt bright with your two superstar $7mill++ centers, superduperstar $6mill++ d-man, and supporting overpaid/underachieving cast. The Isles are right where everyone expected them to be this season, the Raggies on the otherhand, well, you know what I mean

Old
03-03-2009, 01:43 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Thats alot of nothing. Don't even know where to start. Potvin is a *******! He beat his wife, the dog, the mailman, his kids and little puppies. We as Rangers fans will always hate him.

Mess, the goldenboy, is better then any fishie player to ever play hockey. To fishie fans he shoud only be referred to as Mr. Messier. I do love him chocking the crap outta Blake. Never seen that pasty faced midget turn so red. Notice that no one in a fishie uniform dared to go after Mess. They realize he would destoy them. Also, I seem to remember Purinto making hamburger meat outta Jim Cummins' face as well as Dan "The Barbarian" Cloutier pummeling one or your goalies. Can you say turtle?

I just figured that since they've had 3 owners who where felons that they must embrace them. My bad. Guess the people that run your franchise are just too dumb to figure out who to sell the team to.

I don't have Dolan's number but maybe if you would pay your cable bill you'd get your service. Anyway, Dolan may not be the best owner but atleast he isn't pressuring his GM to give 20 year contracts to players who are as brittle as china (isn't that where wang is from, btw)?
Jersey, that is funny ****!

Old
03-03-2009, 01:52 PM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
Jersey, that is funny ****!
OK, time and time again Messier has been mentioned by many as one of the best players to ever play the game. Much better than Trots, much better than Bossy and much better than Potvin. A couple of years back the Hockey News had a rating of the top 50 players. Mess was in the top 10. Don't believe that Trots, Bossy or Potvin where near that level. Theres alot of opinions going back and forth on this thread. The one fact is that Mess was certainly better than any player to ever play for the Isles and probably one of the top players to ever play the game!

Old
03-03-2009, 01:53 PM
1islefan

Quote:
He beat his wife, the dog, the mailman, his kids and little puppies.
You forgot to add the Rangers to that list

Quote:
Anyway, Dolan may not be the best owner but atleast he isn't pressuring his GM to give 20 year contracts to players who are as brittle as china (isn't that where wang is from, btw)?
No, but he is tying up 75% of the teams salary in what like 5 or 6 players. Not sure which is worse.

Quote:
Mess, the goldenboy, is better then any fishie player to ever play hockey.
Well, if it makes you feel better, than you keep telling yourself that.

Old
03-03-2009, 02:03 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
OK, time and time again Messier has been mentioned by many as one of the best players to ever play the game. Much better than Trots, much better than Bossy and much better than Potvin. A couple of years back the Hockey News had a rating of the top 50 players. Mess was in the top 10. Don't believe that Trots, Bossy or Potvin where near that level. Theres alot of opinions going back and forth on this thread. The one fact is that Mess was certainly better than any player to ever play for the Isles and probably one of the top players to ever play the game!
You are entiteled to your opinion. I beg to differ. There is no way that those guys aren't top 50, is that real?

Closed Thread