HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

With Gaborik returning soon, will the Rangers make an offer?

Old
03-03-2009, 05:55 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

vCash: 500
Gaborik is not going to return until the end of this month(if he returns at all).If you're looking for Gaborik to help a team to make the playoffs,oh boy

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 06:21 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
If it's true Marian Gaborik will be the "shot in the arm" General Manager Doug Risebrough expects, the Wild had better hope its fate isn't already determined by the time Gaborik decides he's ready to return.

Speaking to reporters in St. Paul on Monday, the injured winger said he expects to return from hip surgery "toward the end of the month, hopefully earlier."

That's inconsistent with what the Wild's been portraying the past few days. Risebrough said over the weekend, "Ten weeks [March 16] looks pretty good now
."
http://www.startribune.com/sports/wi...7PQLanchO7DiUr

Another Jagr?No thanks.

Old
03-03-2009, 06:25 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

I'm loving Gaborik

Quote:
Speaking of watching games, Marian Gaborik put his foot in his mouth today back in Minnesota when he voluntarily said when asked if he feels the pressure to return with the team sinking, “Quite frankly I haven’t really been watching games. I’ve been following the scores but I haven’t been watching games. From my perspective, I just really need to focus on how am I feeling, how everything goes with me and then if everything goes good I’m going to jump in to play. Definitely the pressure is on, but first of all I want to feel confident in my body and … so far everything is going well.”

Gaborik should probably hire a publicist. Whether he meant it the way it sounded or not, with the me-me-me stuff and the not watching games stuff, he sounds like a player who’s emotionally disconnected, and there were some teammates bemused by the comment. If you’re injured, you probably shouldn’t announce you don’t watch the team that pays you $7.5 million play games
Quote:
By the end of the month? “We’ll have five games left,” said Eric Belanger.
http://blogs2.startribune.com/blogs/...UBP7hUiacyKUUr

Old
03-03-2009, 06:38 AM
jniklast

I'd be all for a gomez for gaborik deal, with a conditional pick coming our way should gaborik not re-sign.

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 08:35 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR6814 View Post
...but not always for the better. He's notorious for constantly being injured.
So lets get him to be our big gun! Makes all the sense in the world, because he'll definitely stay healthy here and he'll watch every period of all the games from the press box if he hurt... he really will this time!

Let's give them Gomez, Grachev, Sanguinetti, a 1st and what the hell... Del Zotto too...

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 08:46 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

stay away from gaborik.

unless hes at a huge discount which he wont be im sure. too many injuries and questionable desire means hes someone we should avoid.

hes not going to help us if hes out of shape and using our final stretch of important games as his training camp- assuming hes even healthy enough to play.

um. no.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 08:59 AM
AveryisSuperman

I'd love to take a risk on Gaborik if we could lose a bad contract.He is the sniper this team needs,but with his injuries its a risk to trade for him.I do how exciting he'd be on broadway if he stayed healthy,it would be electric.

AveryisSuperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 09:03 AM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
We should sign him for 3-4 years and keep him out until December next season. Get our best doc's on him and fix that groin up for good. When healthy, Gaborik is a top 5 winger in this league.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 09:29 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
That's not all that surprising for a guy who basically said "I don't want to play here anymore" when he rejected that ridiculous contract offer. Weren't the Wild offering up 8 - 9 mil per year for the better part of the next decade? Seems absurd to turn that down if you actually want to stay with that team.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 10:20 AM
Bury Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
That's not all that surprising for a guy who basically said "I don't want to play here anymore" when he rejected that ridiculous contract offer. Weren't the Wild offering up 8 - 9 mil per year for the better part of the next decade? Seems absurd to turn that down if you actually want to stay with that team.
Agreed. Gabby pretty much made it known that he doesn't want to be in Minny anymore.

Bury Your Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 10:41 AM
Synergy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
That said, do you really want to bring a guy like that here and start building around him? I have to be honest, that latest quote has me questioning whether Gaborik is actually really injury-prone or just a faker. "I don't want to play here anymore. Ow! My groin! Doctor!"

Pass.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 10:47 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

The guy is made out of glass, he's always hurt.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 10:53 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
That said, do you really want to bring a guy like that here and start building around him? I have to be honest, that latest quote has me questioning whether Gaborik is actually really injury-prone or just a faker. "I don't want to play here anymore. Ow! My groin! Doctor!"

Pass.
I didn't mean I wanted to bring the guy in. If we could get him at the bargain price of one of our over-paid players, I'd probably give it a look, but there isn't much point other than that. We'd never be able to re-sign him.

But on the same token, there was another guy who the Rangers got for next to nothing because he said "I don't want to play here anymore." His name escapes me, but that worked out pretty well for us.

Don't kid yourself though. When he is healthy, Gaborik is a top-10 winger in this league. If he was healthy, he'd be a phenomenal piece to build around. Not to mention Sather loves his reclamation projects.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote