HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexander Radulov

Old
05-13-2009, 07:38 AM
RollingPredFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post
David Poile was on 104.5 Tuesday afternoon. The 1st question was of course about Radulov.

He said that over in Switzerland he did meet with Radulov (it was the first face to face meeting since Rads left last summer). He said that Radulov talked with Suter, Wilson, Weber, Hamhuis almost everyday. I think he said that all the teams were in the same hotel or hotel complex and ate at the same place and all saw each other at the ice rinks since there were something like 8 locker rooms and they were pretty much all there at the same time.

Poile said Radulov had been in touch with some guys from the Preds team most of the year and had been keeping up with the Preds all season. Poile said they talked about last season, R/U-FAs, the direction of the team, the guys we drafted in '08, if Wilson would make the team, etc..

And Rads talked about Milwaukee being in the playoffs and following them, too.

Poile said he thinks Radulov has a lot to think about.

Also Poile said he will be meeting with Sully again soon and last time things were pretty positive. And Poile's going to be meeting with Trotz about R/U-FA's. They didn't get to have any meetings at the end of the season because Trotz was already gone to the Canadian camps for the WC.

---------------------------------------------------
So basically I took from this, if some of our "core" players are hanging out with Rads and some others were keeping in touch throughout this season, then they won't have much of a problem with Rads coming back this coming season. Some guys might hate what he did and may really try to lay him out or cuss him out on the ice in camp or sometime, but then once the games start will get over it. It almost seems that fans have taken it harder than some of the players did.

*Also, Shea Weber was named the WC's Best Dman!
Thanks for the update, this doesn't sound like a team that absolutely loathes this benedict arnold now does it? Or that Radulov hates Nashville... I hope we can get him back... come on back Rads, you know you want to play in the best league with the best players

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 09:43 AM
jstreet

vCash: 50
I want him back

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 03:20 PM
xEx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Lol xEx....you being Canadian has nothing to do with it right?
It has nothing todo with me being Canadian and everything with me being a Nashville fan. I guess I'm still bitter on him splitting for the money after him being considered one of the unlikely guys to split since he played in the Q and not straight from Russia.

I remember there being talk that the IIHF couldn't stop Radulov from playing in the KHL but in IIHF events that it might be a possibility. I guess eveyone involved is just going to let everything slide in the hopes he comes back to the NHL and the KHL, IIHF & NHL can work out a transfer deal.

When I saw his celebration, to me it looks like a big FU to the Predators and the NHL.

Not sure if others have heard, but the KHL notified the Players union that they want to start drafting players at 17 and lock them in for 10 years. Probably only affects Russian players but its somewhat interesting.

xEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 05:25 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by xEx View Post

I felt sick watching Radulov play in the Worlds. If Fassell wasn't so corrupt, Radulov wouldn't be on the ice.

I can't see him coming back, if his own teammates don't take a run or two others will. I didn't disagree with any of his celebrations over the first two years but if he pulls something like the above in the NHL, he'll be missing a few teeth. I really don't mind the stick thing, but I can't stand the arms in the air, look at me thing. Especially when you skate pass your teamates to finish your show.

I wonder how Weber, Hamuis and Trotz felt watching Radulov's display.
I don't think too many people will mind it here if he does it around 30-40 time next season while playing for us.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 10:41 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Radulov to remain in Russia

Quote:
Alexander Radulov has taken a final decision to pursue a career in Russia, despite all attempts of Nashville to bring Radulov back to the club. According to some reports the Predators met with the Russian forward at the World Championships in Bern. Radulov signed a three-year contract with Salavat despite having a contract with Nashville, sparking a veritable transfer war between the KHL and the NHL.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 11:14 PM
predfan24

First of all where the **** do you find this stuff?

Second of all I'm not totally believing anything until Rads or his agent comes out and makes statements theirselves.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 12:46 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
First of all where the **** do you find this stuff?

Second of all I'm not totally believing anything until Rads or his agent comes out and makes statements theirselves.
Sport Express is a pretty reliable source in my book, its time to trade his rights and get what we can for him & rebuild with some good ol' North American blood

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 08:17 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Now, I wonder this will effect the draft status of Russians in this year's draft?

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 10:04 AM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Only the ones that are said to have attitude problems.......and some complain that Poile doesn't take chances.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 10:39 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Now, I wonder this will effect the draft status of Russians in this year's draft?
you know it will, i thought it already did at last year's draft ?

Old
05-27-2009, 10:59 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a Killer View Post
you know it will, i thought it already did at last year's draft ?
I'm just thinking about Kulikov. Russian player playing in the Q. Yeah, that won't scare off a few GMs.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 11:07 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
I'm just thinking about Kulikov. Russian player playing in the Q. Yeah, that won't scare off a few GMs.
Entry Level Contract in the NHL or 2 million in the KHL (maybe not guaranteed)

Old
05-27-2009, 01:35 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
The only player whose draft stock this will affect is Andrei Kuchin, and it takes his odds of being drafted from slim to none.

Old
05-28-2009, 01:26 PM
xEx

Russian Executive?

Anyone aware of any Russian front office executives in the NHL, I wonder how long it will take.
I know Toronto Raptors have a European as VP of Basketball (The God Father of Basketball in Europe).

I think the day will come where the NHL has a Russian owner.

xEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 11:21 AM
skipper49

IMO Radulov has acted so gutlessly in this entire issue by hiding behind his agent. Even IF he came back the players would be so p----- at him that it would effect his play and he would start begging for a trade. I think he knows this to be true on some level and is just afraid to just come out and say no to Nashville. In his child-like mind he wants to keep all of his options open. I also have no doubt that he wants to improve his game in the KHL before he comes back to the NHL and tries to compete with Malkin and Ovechkin for the limelight. (not going to happen anyway).

skipper49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 12:42 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

I wouldn't mind trading him to Anaheim/LA/Vancouver, they've got some nice young talent, but it'd have to be for the right return & it would put him as far as way as possible from his home land

Old
05-31-2009, 08:58 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper49 View Post
Even IF he came back the players would be so p----- at him that it would effect his play and he would start begging for a trade.
Why do people keep saying this like it is a fact? You know for SURE that the players will be upset with him and let it bring down play. They just professionals right?

Old
06-10-2009, 08:59 AM
Jarnberg

So what about all the people who are saying NO one from the team wants him back and it will cause the team to fall apart?

Quote:
Predators captain Jason Arnott, who in the past has questioned how Radulov would fit in the locker room, sounded Monday as if he were more willing to let bygones be bygones.

"If he does come back, he's our teammate and we have to accept that,'' Arnott said. "He's going to have some issues and some apologies he'll have to make, not only to us but to the fans as well. I think the fans will be a lot more important because we can get over a lot of stuff in the room and keep going and playing."
Myth busted.

Source:
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...ators+in+limbo

Old
06-10-2009, 09:14 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
So what about all the people who are saying NO one from the team wants him back and it will cause the team to fall apart?

Myth busted.

Source:
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...ators+in+limbo
Beat me to it. I was very surprised to see that quote from Arnott, of all people.

It's a shame Radulov has opted not to come back.

Old
06-10-2009, 09:37 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Beat me to it. I was very surprised to see that quote from Arnott, of all people.

It's a shame Radulov has opted not to come back.
We don't know that. Glennon's blog had more recent quotes from Radulov in which he said that he was open to coming back, but the "two teams" had to work something out. It was also shown that the article you originally posted was translated poorly by a Capitals blogger, and the quotes were from before Radulov's latest meeting with Poile at the WCs.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
As Pred's fans, doesn't it seem like we get led on more than any other franchise's fans?

Sell/Don't Sell/Basillie/Boots/etc.

Sully - Never coming back/maybe/back/who knows

Radz - Leaving/coming/going?

Seems like every summer there is some story to keep us up at night.

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 11:28 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Wow, June 10 was the last post and its still on the first page? Anyways found this:

News: The Sports Xchange reports both Predators coach Barry Trotz and president of hockey operations/general manager David Poile met with forward Alexander Radulov during the World Championships in Switzerland. Both believe he is more mature and more complete player after playing a season for the Continental Hockey League in Russia, and both think he is ready to come back to the NHL. "I don't know what his contract situation is," said Trotz. "I don't know if he has an out clause. If he wants to come back he would be a welcome addition for us."

on www.sportsline.com

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 02:24 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Who cares what page it's on...not much to say in the summer, I guess we have other interests besides hockey...

Anyway...

I think we've already known that they would take him back but now for sure we have Trotz and Arnott that say they would take him back. Along with Radulov talking with some guys at the WCs.

Seems most players are willing to accept him once he apologizes and makes up with everyone. Fans are another story...

Players, coaches, management have said they would take him back, it's up to Radulov to decide what he wants to do.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 02:36 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphllp View Post
Wow, June 10 was the last post and its still on the first page?
It's because we all quit caring.

Nobody's stopping him on this end, except Tootoo, and he's not the brightest screwdriver on the farm.

Old
06-29-2009, 12:58 PM
Bluedevil11

RADULOV: I LIKE PLAYING HOCKEY IN RUSSIA = not coming.

http://english.sport-express.ru/summary/1_4065/

Bluedevil11 is offline   Reply With Quote