HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexander Radulov

Old
06-29-2009, 01:35 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedevil11 View Post
RADULOV: I LIKE PLAYING HOCKEY IN RUSSIA = not coming.

http://english.sport-express.ru/summary/1_4065/
not that i'm convinced he's coming, but it's been said time and time again that anything coming from translated russian papers isn't exactly to be trusted. in particular, sport-express.ru has attributed quotes that later proved to be completely falsified.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 06:49 PM
Gorgeous George

Here is the latest news on Radulov...for what it's worth.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NHL&id=1835

Alexander Radulov said that he will remain in Russia for the 2009-10 season.

Radulov said "I'm on a two-year contract, and even though I got some offers from the NHL, Ufa helped me last year, and I wouldn't want to betray them". Big talk from a player who left the Predators with a year left on their contract. Now that was a betrayal.

I would like to know what "offers from the NHL" Radulov could have received.

Gorgeous George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 07:49 PM
Paincakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenson View Post

Ufa helped me last year, and I wouldn't want to betray them.

Wow, seriously, **** this guy.

Paincakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 10:29 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Latest on Radulov from Poile:

Quote:
First, if you are a Predators fan that was still holding out hope for the return of Alexander Radulov, well, you haven’t been playing very close attention to matters. But just in case there were any outlandish optimists out there, Poile put those hopes to bed on Wednesday – perhaps not only for the 2009-10 season, but for 2010-11 as well.

When Radulov bolted for Russia last summer – despite having a year left on his contract with the Predators – he signed a three-year deal with Salavat Yulaev Ufa. His Russian contract is apparently much more difficult to break than was his contract with the Predators.

The reasons why are left open for speculation.

``He’s not coming back,’’ Poile said. ``We had some really good talks in Switzerland when I was at the World Championship. I know he wants to come back. He can’t get out of his contract. You’re going to have to interpret why he can walk away from our contract, but can’t get out of their contract. But he can’t.’’
http://data.tennessean.com/v2/bin/pl...tennessean.com

What is Poile hinting at here? I interpret this as Radulov can't break his Ufa contract out of fear for his life/health. But maybe I'm letting my imagination run too wild.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 10:39 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
What is Poile hinting at here? I interpret this as Radulov can't break his Ufa contract out of fear for his life/health. But maybe I'm letting my imagination run too wild.
I know it is sort of a sterotype or what have you for Russia, but I thought the same thing.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 10:52 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
Latest on Radulov from Poile:

http://data.tennessean.com/v2/bin/pl...tennessean.com

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 01:00 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
I know it is sort of a sterotype or what have you for Russia, but I thought the same thing.

It's a stereotype, but it is borne from a whole helluva lot of truth. If you do some reading up on a lot of the organizations/people that are involved with the KHL and the teams therein, you'll see why he isn't as comfortable with coming back as he was with leaving the U.S. It's the Hotel California of hockey.

That's one of the many reasons why the KHL will never be a viable alternative to the NHL for most non-Eastern Europeans, as they aren't accustomed to that level of corruption. Sure, they'll get those that aren't getting a lot of love in the NHL marketplace, but they won't go head to head with NHL teams for top talent very often, if at all.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 04:01 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
LOL guys, I'm sure everyone here can read.

Quote:
"My contract with Salavat Yulaev will run for two years more. I won’t hide that I have an offer from NHL, however I am satisfied with my career in Russia
Why you keep on talking that stereotypical, propaganda ridicolous stuff, well, I don't really know.

07-03-2009, 05:43 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro Seren Rosso View Post
LOL guys, I'm sure everyone here can read.

Why you keep on talking that stereotypical, propaganda ridicolous stuff, well, I don't really know.
Its all about the source. I think Poile's quotes make it quite clear that something else is going on.

07-03-2009, 05:55 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Its all about the source. I think Poile's quotes make it quite clear that something else is going on.
Oh come on, it's one year that Radulov says that. He is happy to be in Russia. Live with it and stop posting ridicolous stuff (not direct with you, Enoch, of course. I'm talking in general).

Alessandro Seren Rosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 06:14 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I think he knows he made a mistake breaking his contract and isn't going to repeat the same mistake.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 06:20 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Oh come on, it's one year that Radulov says that. He is happy to be in Russia. Live with it and stop posting ridicolous stuff (not direct with you, Enoch, of course. I'm talking in general).
I have no idea what is going on, but from Poile's comments, I think it is clear that something is happening. Now, is that maturation, a veiled threat, the need for more money....I don't know. Regardless, at least it appears that Radulov wants to come back more than initial reports claimed....it may just be after an additional 2 seasons in Russia. As a Predator fan, I'm simply looking as Radulov as a recent first rounder that may or may not come over. If he does, he will be a welcome addition. If he doesn't, we took a gamble and lost. Developmentally, it is probably good for Radulov to be out from under Trotz. The problem, though, is that we desperately need a scorer like Rads in the lineup....

Last edited by Enoch: 07-03-2009 at 06:30 AM.
Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 12:39 PM
DManPreds11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I have no idea what is going on, but from Poile's comments, I think it is clear that something is happening. Now, is that maturation, a veiled threat, the need for more money....I don't know. Regardless, at least it appears that Radulov wants to come back more than initial reports claimed....it may just be after an additional 2 seasons in Russia. As a Predator fan, I'm simply looking as Radulov as a recent first rounder that may or may not come over. If he does, he will be a welcome addition. If he doesn't, we took a gamble and lost. Developmentally, it is probably good for Radulov to be out from under Trotz. The problem, though, is that we desperately need a scorer like Rads in the lineup....

Well put, especially the part about him not being under "no neck". I think that his touch ruined Legwands development on the offensive side of the puck.

DManPreds11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 12:55 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by DManPreds11 View Post
Well put, especially the part about him not being under "no neck". I think that his touch ruined Legwands development on the offensive side of the puck.
Legwand's regression started the year he was drafted ...

PHP Code:
Season     Team     Lge     GP     G     A     Pts     PIM     GP     G     A     Pts     PIM
-98     Plymouth Whalers     OHL     59     54     51     105     56     15     8     12     20     24
-99     Plymouth Whalers     OHL     55     31     49     80     65     11     3     8     11     8
-99     Nashville Predators     NHL     1     0     0     0     0     --    --    --    --    --
1999-00     Nashville Predators     NHL     71     13     15     28     30     --    --    --    --    --
2000-01     Nashville Predators     NHL     81     13     28     41     38     --    --    --    --    --
2001-02     Nashville Predators     NHL     63     11     19     30     54     --    --    --    --    --
2002-03     Nashville Predators     NHL     64     17     31     48     34     --    --    --    --    --
2003-04     Nashville Predators     NHL     82     18     29     47     46     6     1     0     1     8
-05     Basel     Swiss-B     3     6     2     8     2                     
-06     Nashville Predators     NHL     44     7     19     26     34     5     0     1     1     8
-06     Milwaukee Admirals     AHL     3     0     0     0     0     --    --    --    --    --
2006-07     Nashville Predators     NHL     78     27     36     63     44     5     0     3     3     2
-08     Nashville Predators     NHL     65     15     29     44     38     3     1     0     1     2
-09     Nashville Predators     NHL     73     20     22     42     32     --    --    --    --    -- 

Old
07-03-2009, 01:00 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

To be fair, when Legwand started getting consistent icetime and linemates, he started producing...same goes with PP time. He had 27 goals last season and would have likely come out around 25 if not for the injury this year. I have no complaints about where Legwand is developmentally. If we weren't Nashville, he likely would be garnering Selke votes.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 02:17 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Poile
``He’s not coming back,’’ Poile said. ``We had some really good talks in Switzerland when I was at the World Championship. I know he wants to come back. He can’t get out of his contract. You’re going to have to interpret why he can walk away from our contract, but can’t get out of their contract. But he can’t.’’
No offense, but I'm going to take my team's GM's word on the matter over yours. I don't know why he left so much of the matter to speculation, though. It could be legal, it could be personal... it could be just about anything, really. He created a TON of scenarios for conspiracy nuts to work with.

I don't think it necessarily has anything to do with the mafia, but we'll never really know unless David or Alex says something.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 05:47 PM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
No offense, but I'm going to take my team's GM's word on the matter over yours.
For sure, I'm no one, but why put GM's words over Radulov own words?

Quote:
"My contract with Salavat Yulaev will run for two years more. I won’t hide that I have an offer from NHL, however I am satisfied with my career in Russia"

Old
07-04-2009, 05:56 PM
dulzhok

David Poile wouldn't be one to lie to the media. He's as by the book as they come.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 10:09 PM
Zine

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
No offense, but I'm going to take my team's GM's word on the matter over yours. I don't know why he left so much of the matter to speculation, though. It could be legal, it could be personal... it could be just about anything, really. He created a TON of scenarios for conspiracy nuts to work with.

I don't think it necessarily has anything to do with the mafia, but we'll never really know unless David or Alex says something.
Enough with the mafia nonsense.....those days are long gone.

Why does Nashville GM leave so much to speculation? Simple, because it fits his agenda. Radulov is still a huge Nashville asset so it's no suprise GM wants to shift responsibility off Radulov onto Salavat. It makes it easier for Radulov if/when he ever returns.

C'mon, Radulov has had every opportunity to return to Nashville but has stated time and time again he's content where he is. That's faaaaar more believable than a GM who constantly speaks vaguely of the situation.

Last edited by Zine: 07-04-2009 at 10:17 PM.
Zine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 10:20 PM
Zine

Honestly, the only reason I can think of why Radulov would stay in KHL against his wishes is to secure an olympic roster spot......especially now that Bykov is head coach of Salavat. However, that would mean Radulov values olympics more than NHL anyways.

Zine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 10:03 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

http://allhockey.ru/news/56557/

Поэтому, несмотря на разные слухи, намерен отыграть полный контракт за "Салават Юлаев". А жалеть о прошлом, о своих поступках - это глупо. Надо смотреть вперед!

By the way, in spite of the different rumors, I intend playing for Salavat Yulaev thoughout the whole length of my contract. Feeling sorry about the past and about the acts is foolish. One must look forward!

Fake interview again?

Old
07-09-2009, 10:57 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

No sounds like what I said. He knows now he shouldn't have bailed on his contract and isn't repeating the same mistakes besides now there is an agreement I don't think he can leave. Now if he re-signs with UFA at the end of the contract, then, it's an issue.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 10:58 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
http://allhockey.ru/news/56557/

Поэтому, несмотря на разные слухи, намерен отыграть полный контракт за "Салават Юлаев". А жалеть о прошлом, о своих поступках - это глупо. Надо смотреть вперед!

By the way, in spite of the different rumors, I intend playing for Salavat Yulaev thoughout the whole length of my contract. Feeling sorry about the past and about the acts is foolish. One must look forward!

Fake interview again?