HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Koivu bashing on TVA... again

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2009, 06:01 AM
Prudentius

vCash: 500
Koivu bashing on TVA... again

Pathetic... I won't bother translating but I'm sure someone will so I'll post the links.

http://www.canoe.com/sports/nouvelle...02-155456.html

And the forum...

http://sports.blogue.canoe.com/2009/..._de_saku_koivu

I'm not a fan of him but there's nobody to take his place on this team. The article is such a pile of *****.

Old
03-03-2009, 06:12 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

It's quite simple.

Most of the fake fans don't actually like players who work hard every night and give it their all on the ice. They'd prefer some lazy fatso to be captain, like Latendresse, so that he say "I think we had a good game and gave 110% effort" to RDS in french.

To the haters, just ask yourself one thing.

Saku Koivu supports sick children.

Support Saku Koivu.

Do you hate children?

waffledave
Old
03-03-2009, 06:20 AM
marchabsfan

everyone has their opinion.

Old
03-03-2009, 06:34 AM
Turbo

Gotta blame the 4 game win streak on someone.

Old
03-03-2009, 06:35 AM
AlexMeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
It's quite simple.

Most of the fake fans don't actually like players who work hard every night and give it their all on the ice. They'd prefer some lazy fatso to be captain, like Latendresse, so that he say "I think we had a good game and gave 110% effort" to RDS in french.
Nice cheapshot.

Last edited by AlexMeth: 03-03-2009 at 06:43 AM.
Old
03-03-2009, 06:46 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexMeth View Post
Nice cheapshot.
It's not a cheapshot if it's true. Don't you even pretend there isn't a contigent of people who would rather have Latendresse as captain than Koivu. I've seen it, ON THIS BOARD.

You never answered the question either. Do you hate children?

Old
03-03-2009, 06:54 AM
AlexMeth

Quote:
It's not a cheapshot if it's true. Don't you even pretend there isn't a contigent of people who would rather have Latendresse as captain than Koivu. I've seen it, ON THIS BOARD.

You never answered the question either. Do you hate children?
It's a cheapshot on Latendresse buddy - not the faux-fans.

I like Koivu, so I don't hate children.

Old
03-03-2009, 06:56 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prudentius View Post

Pathetic... I won't bother translating but I'm sure someone will so I'll post the links.

http://www.canoe.com/sports/nouvelle...02-155456.html

And the forum...

http://sports.blogue.canoe.com/2009/..._de_saku_koivu

I'm not a fan of him but there's nobody to take his place on this team. The article is such a pile of *****.
Koivu bashing on TVA ? it isn't an article about Koivu but a poll results . It 's the fans that think that Koivu should be traded before anyone

Quote:
It's quite simple.

Support Saku Koivu.

Do you hate children?

Old
03-03-2009, 07:23 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
It's quite simple.

Support Saku Koivu.

Do you hate children?
LOL @ "if you don't support Saku Koivu, you must hate children". Worthy of a Hall of Fame...

Old
03-03-2009, 07:26 AM
Kafka

Quote:
It's quite simple.

Support Saku Koivu.

Do you hate children?
!!!Great Sophism!!!

But according to what you just wrote... I wonder if you are being serious...

Old
03-03-2009, 07:27 AM
Coldplay
Courage

The ****ing double standard on this board with Latendresse is sickening.

Some morons still believe the guy's destined to become Lafleur and/or Beliveau, the French media needs to **** about them, because all they do by bashing Koivu is promote their political and xenophobic agenda, which is ignorant and unprofressional for people on a television show broadcast around their beloved province.

Yeah, that's what it is, fear of Europeans and others who don't hail from Quebec; saying that Latendresse is a lazy fatso is just calling it how it is: he's lazy, big and besides one or two good weeks a year, does nothing.

To return to the subject: the flack Saku gets is really just embarrassing for people that live and breathe hockey, the rest of the faux-fans who bash him, I am convinced, know zilch about the sport and human life in general.

Old
03-03-2009, 07:28 AM
Markovskaya

Wait, I don't see where they are bashing Koivu. They are just stating the results they got...

Old
03-03-2009, 07:32 AM
Kafka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post

Some morons still believe the guy's destined to become Lafleur and/or Beliveau, the French media needs to **** about them, because all they do by bashing Koivu is promote their political and xenophobic agenda, which is ignorant and unprofressional for people on a television show broadcast around their beloved province.

Yeah, that's what it is, fear of Europeans and others who don't hail from Quebec; saying that Latendresse is a lazy fatso is just calling it how it is: he's lazy, big and besides one or two good weeks a year, does nothing.

To return to the subject: the flack Saku gets is really just embarrassing for people that live and breathe hockey, the rest of the faux-fans who bash him, I am convinced, know zilch about the sport and human life in general.
I invite everyone to READ the french medias they talk about on these boards. There is NOTHING like that there.

There are three Quebecois with contracts for next season on this team (Latendresse, Lapierre and Laraque)... they were over 13 in 1992-1993. Were is the agenda? Most Quebecers want to identify themselves to the team they were identified to over the past... 100 years. Its like if Team Canada had players from everywhere accross the world: would Canadian fans be happy about it? I doubt so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markovskaya View Post
Wait, I don't see where they are bashing Koivu. They are just stating the results they got...
Thuth, but french medias are evil and racist. Thats what I read in the Globe and in the National Post. You don't know about that yet?!?

The right critism about all that story would be: show us the numbers and your method for conducting the survey.

I doubt it is a real survey, providing a real representation of what Quebecers really think. So please don't exagerate them and use this to bring back the "Quebecois want a team filled with Quebecois"... because just using common odds, anyone could have predict the no.1 player on that list was going to be someone who is NOT a Quebecer... and you all know why.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 03-03-2009 at 08:19 AM.
Old
03-03-2009, 07:37 AM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
I invite everyone to READ the french medias they talk about on these boards. There is NOTHING like that there.

There are three Quebecois with contracts for next season on this team (Latendresse, Lapierre and Laraque)... they were over 13 in 1992-1993. Were is the agenda? Most Quebecers want to identify themselves to the team they were identified to over the past... 100 years. Its like if Team Canada had players from everywhere accross the world: would Canadian fans be happy about it? I doubt so.
That's too bad for Quebecers if they really want their team to be full of French Canadians. The world is becoming diversified, and the NHL has Euros and Americas now. Quebec itself is full of immigrants. I don't know why Quebecers are so desperate to hang on to their old "roots" when these roots are clearly disappearing everywhere. Call it "globalization, expanded to hockey" if you want.

Old
03-03-2009, 07:38 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:

I disagree.

Team Canada is a national team, so there have only got to be Canadian players play...whereas Quebec is not a country, and the Canadiens are not a national team either, so there is no reason for the team to be filled (not completely, but in majority) with players from Quebec.

Did you know that around 50% of Montreal is apparently not francophone? Why is it again 50% have to identify with Quebec players when the other 50% don't have a need to identify with anyone?

Just saying.

Old
03-03-2009, 07:39 AM
Markovskaya

Quote:
Thuth, but french medias are evil and racist. Thats what I read in the Globe and in the National Post. You don't know about that yet?!?

Oh yeah, silly evil lords they are !! Curse'm !

Btw if you read the comments, It's pretty much 50/50 in the opinions.

I just think the fans are in need of a change, that's all. It's like when you live in a house for 20 years. The house is still fine, you don't need to move, but you do it anyways because you know it will do you some good.

Old
HabsDood

I like Koivu but I think this survey reflects the general opinion that what they want is a superstar, not a hero..

Ya Koivu beat cancer, helps childrens and stuff..

He ain't no Lecavalier.. Ya know?

That's it..

Old
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
You're damn right it is. I don't understand the kind of irrational hate for a promising and demonstrably productive 21-year-old NHLer that leads people to take shots at him in a completely unrelated thread. And I'm left to wonder whether he'd get bashed so much if he was English-Canadian.

As for the main topic, well, I'd like to see the methodology I guess this just demonstrates that an alarming proportion of the population actually believes the media nonsense that gets propagated by shows such as 110%. This is the most pernicious effect of the craptastic media that's crowding out the good reporters out there in Montreal -- their drivel becomes self-fulfilling because people start believing in it in the face of all evidence.

Old
03-03-2009, 07:40 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
So to counter attack an article about who would the fans would trade (which is not bashing anybody, by the way), people are counter attacking by bashing Latendresse? How's that better? And how's that relevant?

By the way, I could find you some articles against world peace as well.....this is the internet, and you'll find anything you want.

This thread is a waste of time that should be closed.

Old
03-03-2009, 07:42 AM
Markovskaya

Quote:
The right critism about all that story would be: show us the numbers and your method for conducting the survey.

I doubt it is a real survey, providing a real representation of what Quebecers really think. So please don't exagerate them and use this to bring back the "Quebecois want a team filled with Quebecois"... because just using common odds, anyone could have predict the no.1 player on that list was going to be someone who is NOT a Quebecer... and you all know why.

Simply because they is no important player from Québec on the team. Keep them or move them it wont change much.

Remember Théo ? We kicked him out big time.

edit: I forgot about tanguay.

Old
03-03-2009, 07:45 AM
Dripper

vCash: 205
It was a pretty dumb question. Who would you rather see leave? The options were Higgins Koivu Kovalev Price AKost... you couldn't even vote for "Other" or "No one" ..

Let's ask Pens fans who they'd rather see leave between Crosby Staal Malkin Fleury and Letang and let's interpret the results as a "Pens fans wants Staal to go".. that's just plain dumb.

Old
03-03-2009, 07:46 AM
MathMan

Okay, so I figured out the methodology, and it's bleeping ridiculous in its meaninglessness.

This is the result of a web poll (yes, an unscientific web poll). The question: "Which of the following Habs players would you like to see leave before March 4th"?

And the options were Higgins, Koivu, Andrei Kostitsyn, Kovalev, and Price.

Note the narrow field of options that notably doesn't contain "none of the above". It's a leading question with a limited set of options off a web poll.

Yeah, going from that to "36% of Habs fans want to see Koivu gone!" or whatever, very scientific there. This poll is worth exactly nada and it's irresponsible of the Canoe site to build it up as if it were anything meaningful.

Old
03-03-2009, 07:46 AM
Santino

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
You're damn right it is. I don't understand the kind of irrational hate for a promising and demonstrably productive 21-year-old NHLer that leads people to take shots at him in a completely unrelated thread. And I'm left to wonder whether he'd get bashed so much if he was English-Canadian.

As for the main topic, well, I'd like to see the methodology I guess this just demonstrates that an alarming proportion of the population actually believes the media nonsense that gets propagated by shows such as 110%. This is the most pernicious effect of the craptastic media that's crowding out the good reporters out there in Montreal -- their drivel becomes self-fulfilling because people start believing in it in the face of all evidence.
cuz he sucks! bottom line! he doesnt deserve to be there! like it was said in an earlier post. hes had 2 good weeks in 3 years.. wow what a promising player

Old
03-03-2009, 07:47 AM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
cuz he sucks! bottom line! he doesnt deserve to be there! liek it was said in an earlier post. hes had 2 good weeks in 3 years.. wow what a promising player
See what I mean? That's patently and demonstrably false, but with Lats people have very short and very selective memories and partial blindness.

Old
03-03-2009, 07:48 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexMeth View Post
It's a cheapshot on Latendresse buddy - not the faux-fans.

I like Koivu, so I don't hate children.
It's not a cheapshot because he is quite lazy and has impressive...proportions.

But I'm glad to hear you do not hate children. Because some people on this board, they HATE children.

What did the children ever do to you, I ask?

Closed Thread