HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sean Avery claimed off re-entry waivers by NYR

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2009, 03:57 PM
IceBear86
Broadway Pride

vCash: 500
Näslund - Drury - Dubinski
Avery - Gomez - Zherdev
Prucha - Korpikoski - Callahan
Sjöström - Betts - Orr

I think that could work out...maybe even Pru' with Gomez and Z on the 2nd line and Avery with Cally and Korpedo on the 3rd.

Old
03-03-2009, 03:58 PM
The Perfect Paradox
Beyond Good and Evil

Welcome Home Aves.

Old
03-03-2009, 04:06 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBear86 View Post
Avery - Gomez - Zherdev
Sjöström - Betts - Orr

I think that could work out...maybe even Pru' with Gomez and Z on the 2nd line and Avery with Cally and Korpedo on the 3rd.
I'd swap Dubinsky and Zherdev. Dubinsky and Avery had a lot of chemistry before, and I also just don't like Gomez and Zherdev on the same line. They're both better with the puck. I could certainly live with those lines you presented though.

Old
03-03-2009, 04:10 PM
we want cup
Ants in the Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I'd swap Dubinsky and Zherdev. Dubinsky and Avery had a lot of chemistry before, and I also just don't like Gomez and Zherdev on the same line. They're both better with the puck. I could certainly live with those lines you presented though.
I'd rather keep the Dubi-Drury-Z line myself. Put Avery with Gomez and Naslund.

Old
03-03-2009, 04:22 PM
Fletch

nyr2K2...

don't you think that having 2 guys who are very good with the puck may be better than spreading them out and trying to make another line better? I still believe that it's important to have a top line, with your top players. I believe Renney's biggest flaw was in his thought process of spreading the wealth. In my opinion, that result in dilution, not accretion, and especially when you now have enough natural wingers and centermen, and a better group of top 6 guys to choose from, now more than ever can it be accomplished where everything makes sense. Right wings on the right wing; left wings on the left wing; third liners on the third line, and the closest you can come to top six being amongst the top six, and the third line playing 4-6 minutes per night.

Old
03-03-2009, 04:24 PM
Ola

Now if we only could pick up Downie and Kaleta to we could ice a feisty team;
Avery-Gomez-Näslund,
Dubinsky-Drury-Zherdev,
Downie-Korpikoski-Callahan,
Kaleta-Betts-Orr

Old
03-03-2009, 04:31 PM
MaximusT

oh yea baby!
This must be heaven, Reitz and Voros waived....Avery picked up

Old
03-03-2009, 04:42 PM
BleedBlue4491

wasn't sure where to ask this, so i guess I'll ask it here, hah...

With Reitz and Voros waived, and Avery here now... how is the cap situation looking?

Old
03-03-2009, 04:48 PM
Cherepanisimov

I am really, really liking the idea of an Avery-Gomez-Korpikoski line.
-
Unfortunately, I think we have to split up Dubi and Drury, because we have no one who can play 3rd line center. Avery? Nope. Korpikoski? Nope. Betts? Hell no. Unless we can trade Dawes for a veteran center, Dubi and Drury will probably be split up.

Let's say Dawes is dealt...

Dubinsky---Drury----Zherdev
Avery------Gomez---Korpikoski
Naslund----Trade(Dawes)----Callahan
Sjostrom---Betts-----Orr

Those lines look pretty damn good.

Old
03-03-2009, 05:12 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
Quote:
Avery - Gomez - Zherdev
Sjöström - Betts - Orr

Dubinsky - Drury - Callahan
Avery - Gomez - Zherdev
Prucha - Korpikoski - Naslund
Sjöström - Betts - Orr

How it should be.

Old
03-03-2009, 05:13 PM
Nich

i say we start with these lines and go from there

nasland - gomez - z
dubi - drury - cally
avery - korpedo - pru
sjostrom - blair - orr

scratch dawes

Old
03-03-2009, 05:16 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue4491 View Post
wasn't sure where to ask this, so i guess I'll ask it here, hah...

With Reitz and Voros waived, and Avery here now... how is the cap situation looking?
http://www.nypost.com/seven/03032009...ers_157835.htm

The Rangers, who currently have approximately $2.5 million of pro-rated cap space available going into tomorrow's 3 p.m. trade deadline, have placed winger Aaron Voros and defenseman Erik Reitz on waivers. If both are deleted from the roster via unlikely claims or assignment to the AHL Wolf Pack, the Rangers would gain another $1.5 million of pro-rated space, thus allowing them to add full-season contracts worth approximately $4 million.

03-03-2009, 05:30 PM
BleedBlue4491

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post

The Rangers, who currently have approximately $2.5 million of pro-rated cap space available going into tomorrow's 3 p.m. trade deadline, have placed winger Aaron Voros and defenseman Erik Reitz on waivers. If both are deleted from the roster via unlikely claims or assignment to the AHL Wolf Pack, the Rangers would gain another $1.5 million of pro-rated space, thus allowing them to add full-season contracts worth approximately $4 million.
Thanks
glad to know we have room now.

Old
03-03-2009, 05:32 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:

Which doesn't include salaries going the other direction.

Old
03-03-2009, 05:33 PM
peanutbuttacallytime
#therightway

Quote:

i think as a ranger fan you have to be more than happy with 4 million in space heading into tomorrow ...get us a scorer slats!

Old
03-03-2009, 05:58 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Which doesn't include salaries going the other direction.
Exactly...if we sent Prucha the other way we could add a 5.6m player. Not that I'm advocating that since we've already got too many of those guys. But if there's someone who can put the puck in the net, and is towards the END of his contract, perhaps it might not be so bad.

Old
03-03-2009, 06:13 PM
Block More Shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Exactly...if we sent Prucha the other way we could add a 5.6m player. Not that I'm advocating that since we've already got too many of those guys. But if there's someone who can put the puck in the net, and is towards the END of his contract, perhaps it might not be so bad.
With the way Pru has been playing, I really don't wanna see him go. I'd rather see if someone would take Dawes...both are similar players for the most part.

Old
03-03-2009, 06:45 PM
IceBear86
Broadway Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromDubiToZherdev View Post
Dubinsky - Drury - Callahan
Avery - Gomez - Zherdev
Prucha - Korpikoski - Naslund
Sjöström - Betts - Orr

How it should be.
I don't see Näslund as a 3rd liner. OK, he underachieves with his scoring, but locking him up in the 3rd unit wouldn't help. Keep him in the 1st or maybe the second and hope for the best. Maybe Avery can create some room for him, so Avery - Gomez - Näslund could be an option.

Old
03-03-2009, 06:47 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
Quote:
I don't see Näslund as a 3rd liner. OK, he underachieves with his scoring, but locking him up in the 3rd unit wouldn't help. Keep him in the 1st or maybe the second and hope for the best. Maybe Avery can create some room for him, so Avery - Gomez - Näslund could be an option.
He's too slow. Wake up or 3rd line it is.

Old
03-03-2009, 06:47 PM
Macke*

Quote:

sweet... could get someone good.

Old
03-03-2009, 06:52 PM
Ice Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Thing I worry about now is, Sean gives Marty a dirty look and it's going to be an interference call.

I agree that people aren't going overboard with Avery expectations though. Even his big fans here are realistic about what he brings to the table.
this worries me.

Old
03-03-2009, 07:32 PM
mrhockey193195

Dubinsky-Drury-Zherdev
Naslund-Gomez-Dawes/Prucha
Avery-Korpedo-Callahan
Sjostrom-Betts-Orr

Old
03-03-2009, 07:39 PM
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/2...nd-chance.html

Quote:
Devils goaltender Martin Brodeur felt Sean Avery crossed the line with some of the personal comments he made to him last season on the ice when he played for the Rangers.

Now Avery is back with the Rangers after the Blueshirts claimed him off re-entry waivers from Dallas earlier today. Brodeur's reaction was very diplomatic.

"I have no thoughts about it," Brodeur said. "He paid his dues to a certain extent for what he did and it's kind of nice for him to get a second chance at it."

Old
03-03-2009, 08:04 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Definitely happy to have Avery back. And the fact that Dallas is on the hook for part of his salary makes it even better. I don't expect the team to completely turn around under him, and who knows how much he's actually changed, but the guy will definitely bring some excitement here and I'm glad he's back. Can't wait to be at MSG on Sunday.

Old
03-03-2009, 08:11 PM
gampy

I think it's awesome that that Sean is back in the NHL, also back with the Rangers. The guy is a singular individual. Surely, he is a lightning rod for the ******* who think ice hockey should be figure skating, but I am seriously glad to se him back. Read, and watch his interviews...he's smart, well dressed, and a seriously good hockey player. He just plays very close to the edge, sometimes over it.

All that crap...is just crap. So he says stuff that no one else says to the media. They all talk ****...he just has the balls to say it outside the locker-room. He plays hard, he plays mean, he plays to win. He's an odd character, for sure, but he is an asset to any team he plays for. The Dallas organization were nitwits to let this guy go. Modano et al can suck balls. Good for youse guys. Avery back in the big apple. Awesome.

Good luck guys, will be cheering you on in the playoffs (my team won't be in it.)

Death to NJ, Pittsburgh, and Washington!

Closed Thread