HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bonk's Trade Value

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2004, 02:00 PM
Sting

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Sting
Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Doug MacLean has been rumored to want Bonk for a couple years now. But, what Columbus has to give up, I don't think Ottawa would be interested in.
Ottawa would have a problem down the centre if they gave up Bonk..so they'd like want a prospect who plays centre first and foremost. Spezza is our #1 as far as I'm concerned...with Fisher and White behind him. Smoke seems better on the wing..and White just doesn't cut it anymore.

Old
03-24-2004, 05:53 PM
flyercide

I thought Bonk was trading last year.. or was that the year before?? No... well maybe next year. I can't wait until he does get traded so we can hear the end of it.

btw I'd take him on the Flyers.. what would you want? :p

Old
03-24-2004, 11:19 PM
236nOT

I think that should Los Angeles choose not to qualify Jason Allison they would then pursue a player like Radek Bonk. As far as assets heading Ottawa's way in return I think they could use a player like Trent Klatt and perhaps a defense prospect maybe another Zlin product, Tomas Zizka.

Old
03-25-2004, 03:13 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by 236nOT
I think that should Los Angeles choose not to qualify Jason Allison they would then pursue a player like Radek Bonk. As far as assets heading Ottawa's way in return I think they could use a player like Trent Klatt and perhaps a defense prospect maybe another Zlin product, Tomas Zizka.
Ottawa is going to want a lot more than a journeyman checker and a second-tier prospect.

Old
03-25-2004, 03:21 PM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Must everyone be so quick to trade Bonk? There is currently no one on the Sens who can do what he does. Fisher is yet to show he can shut down other teams top players.

Old
03-25-2004, 03:27 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGuy
Must everyone be so quick to trade Bonk? There is currently no one on the Sens who can do what he does. Fisher is yet to show he can shut down other teams top players.

The main reason Ottawa might trade Bonk is $. Otherwise, he is an ideal 2nd line center and moving him would not be sensible.

Either way, I think many here are underestimating his market value. How many big, strong 60 point centers are there in today's NHL?

Old
03-25-2004, 03:54 PM
Sting

Send a message via MSN to Sting
I'll take Fisher over Bonk any day of the week, btw. He gives 100% and has a ton of heart and shows plenty of leadership/emotion...Bonk lacks all of the above. The one thing he has going with him is his chemistry with Hossa, although that hasn't been showing lately.

Old
03-25-2004, 08:10 PM
236nOT

Bonk plays on the most offensively gifted team in the NHL and will not break 45 points. Furthermore Bonk is a plus minus 1 one on the Senators, the lowest among all roster players who have played more than 5 games in a Sens uni. I think Trent Klatt would be an upgrade over Langfeld, Neil and Varada. Smolinski plays best as a shutdown center and Klatt would make a great winger for him, Schaefer Smolinski and Klatt is a damn fine 3rd line. Oh yah and Klatt makes 1.1 million and has 42 points to Bonk's 41, as I'm writing this I think I may have talked myself out of it. Oh well, not like this any bearing on reality.

Old
03-25-2004, 08:25 PM
Murphy*

Quote:
Bonk plays on the most offensively gifted team in the NHL and will not break 45 points. Furthermore Bonk is a plus minus 1 one on the Senators, the lowest among all roster players who have played more than 5 games in a Sens uni. I think Trent Klatt would be an upgrade over Langfeld, Neil and Varada. Smolinski plays best as a shutdown center and Klatt would make a great winger for him, Schaefer Smolinski and Klatt is a damn fine 3rd line. Oh yah and Klatt makes 1.1 million and has 42 points to Bonk's 41, as I'm writing this I think I may have talked myself out of it. Oh well, not like this any bearing on reality.
Um...Bonk missed a fair amount of time this year because of injury...

Old
03-25-2004, 08:42 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Klatt is a journeyman checking winger that LA singed as an UFA. There wasn't much interest in him around the league. His trade value is minimal, although he did have a decent year. If he has any market value at all, it would probably be a mid-round pick - like a 5th rounder.

As for Bonk, I won't repeat what the above poster said but it is sort of ridiculous to make conclusions about a player's production when he has missed numerous games with injury. Over the three prior seasons, he averaged a bit more than 60 points a year with a career high of 70 two seasons ago. He'd easily be the number one center in LA, which is why you offered up your one-sided to deal to begin with.

Last edited by Darth Milbury: 03-25-2004 at 09:07 PM.
Old
03-26-2004, 11:31 AM
sensfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting004
I'll take Fisher over Bonk any day of the week, btw. He gives 100% and has a ton of heart and shows plenty of leadership/emotion.
So would I. However, this still would not make me want to deal Radek. I think we should be holding on to Bonk, Spezza, and Fisher to be our top 3 centres for years to come. For what you would probably get for bonk (mid to late 1st rounder), I'd rather keep him.

BTW, comparing Klatt to Bonk is just absurd. Klatt is nothing more than a career journeyman who is having a good year, while bonk is a legitimate 2nd line shut-down centre.

Old
03-26-2004, 12:50 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan18
So would I. However, this still would not make me want to deal Radek. I think we should be holding on to Bonk, Spezza, and Fisher to be our top 3 centres for years to come. For what you would probably get for bonk (mid to late 1st rounder), I'd rather keep him.

BTW, comparing Klatt to Bonk is just absurd. Klatt is nothing more than a career journeyman who is having a good year, while bonk is a legitimate 2nd line shut-down centre.

I think SENS fans are correct about Fisher. I really love that kid's game. He is a keeper.

Old
03-26-2004, 01:12 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

How about Upshall and Arkhipov.

Old
03-26-2004, 05:02 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
How about Upshall and Arkhipov.

That is a very generous offer, as far as I'm concerned.

Old
03-26-2004, 05:59 PM
SensGod

Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
That is a very generous offer, as far as I'm concerned.
agreed...I'd LOVE to get my paws on Upshall...

I'm torn...I have one of these love/hate relationships with Bonk...

Old
03-28-2004, 09:41 AM
PanthersRule96

Valuewise????

Bonk

for

Mike VanRyn, 3rd rounder in 05

???????????

Old
03-28-2004, 09:44 AM
Spezza

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule
Valuewise????

Bonk

for

Mike VanRyn, 3rd rounder in 05

???????????
Maybe valuewise, I haven't seen too much of Van Ryn this year. But by all accounts I've heard he's been great. I don't think it addresses anything for Ottawa though. I don't see where Van Ryn fits in the depth chart of the sens.

Old
03-28-2004, 10:43 AM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezza
Maybe valuewise, I haven't seen too much of Van Ryn this year. But by all accounts I've heard he's been great. I don't think it addresses anything for Ottawa though. I don't see where Van Ryn fits in the depth chart of the sens.
WHat are u looking for?

Old
03-28-2004, 10:53 AM
Spezza

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule
WHat are u looking for?
We'll take an ellusive LW powerforward type please

Old
03-28-2004, 11:18 AM
Murphy*

Anthony Stewart! Please just give us Anthony Stewart! Holy Crap I want that kid in a Sens uniform! I was praying that Muckler would draft him!

Old
04-01-2004, 12:41 AM
FlyersFan10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan
I have to disagree here. While Bonk may be underrated by Sens fans, I think he is overrated right here. I do not think he would bring more to the Coyotes than Langkow, nor would he bring anymore than Comrie. Sure, he is bigger and more physical, but he is also more expensive, and isn't nearly as good offensively.
See, being from the Ottawa area and having watched Bonk for several years, I have to disagree with you. Everyone slags Bonk, but truth of the matter is that for a defense-first center who is assigned to shut down the top lines, he's done a phenomenal job. To be perfectly honest, I think Bonk would thrive in a place like Phoenix because he would become the top line centerman and use his abilities. Could you picture a line of Doan Bonk and Nagy? My god man, that would be a phenomenal line. You could then use Langkow on a line with someone like Taffe and Sjostrom and use Comrie on a line with some more young forwards. Seriously though, Radek has been misused throughout his career and he truly is a top center in the league. I know I wouldn't mind having him on my team.

Old
04-01-2004, 12:48 AM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan10
See, being from the Ottawa area and having watched Bonk for several years, I have to disagree with you. Everyone slags Bonk, but truth of the matter is that for a defense-first center who is assigned to shut down the top lines, he's done a phenomenal job. To be perfectly honest, I think Bonk would thrive in a place like Phoenix because he would become the top line centerman and use his abilities. Could you picture a line of Doan Bonk and Nagy? My god man, that would be a phenomenal line. You could then use Langkow on a line with someone like Taffe and Sjostrom and use Comrie on a line with some more young forwards. Seriously though, Radek has been misused throughout his career and he truly is a top center in the league. I know I wouldn't mind having him on my team.
I completely agree and appreciate the balanced perspective of a non-Sens fan who gets to see Bonk play. He can be somewhat inconsistent , but is definitely a front line center in today's NHL.

Closed Thread