HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Harding to Avs

Old
03-03-2009, 03:22 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post
Isn't that just an above average starter?
Which is a considerable upgrade over what the Avs have now. Harding has the ability to be a very solid starting goalie, but I worry that his development may have been hurt by sitting as a backup for 2 seasons. I think he could still fetch a mid/high 3rd and a mid-level prospect.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 03:24 PM
hockeyfish

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Which is a considerable upgrade over what the Avs have now. Harding has the ability to be a very solid starting goalie, but I worry that his development may have been hurt by sitting as a backup for 2 seasons. I think he could still fetch a mid/high 3rd and a mid-level prospect.
As far as I'm concerned, the Avs don't have a goaltender. So, anything is an upgrade.

hockeyfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 03:28 PM
nickschultzfan

Anybody who doubts Harding's ability to be a #1 needs to watch the February 22nd Wild/Hawks game. Harding hadn't started in 3 weeks and the kid stood on his head, robbing the Hawks again and again.

Harding is still young and has much to learn, but the kid has great potential. I honestly don't see a move to the Avs because it's in the division and I'm not sure the Avs have anybody that the Wild really want.

Harding will most likely be the main piece to bring in a top-6 forward, simliar to the Smith/Richards trade last year.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfish View Post
Yeah, Wolski is just too much. However, I could see something around Hensick. He is pretty much blocked by Stastny and Wolski.
Exactly. There's not much room for him, considering they need more of a two way guy for the 3rd line, and the possibility of them picking up a top center in the draft this year, making even less room in the future. Michael Carmen could be involved in the deal somehow too, as he's a speedy, gritty, two way center that grew up in Minnesota, and is currently attending the University of Minnesota.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 03:53 PM
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Harding will most likely be the main piece to bring in a top-6 forward, simliar to the Smith/Richards trade last year.
I would think that is what DR would be looking for.

Avs fan, and I would love to get Harding. I just can't see Minny and Colorado trading.

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 08:46 PM
thedoctor
                    

Svatos + our high 2nd seems close. Hensick for Harding perhaps with some balancing in the form of mid-low picks might work too. If minny wants a backup, Budaj can be had too.

Avs need to get this done if he's available.

thedoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 09:17 PM
Pyke*

Svatos and a 4th is doable.

Svatos and a 2nd is not.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 09:23 PM
Pure

vCash: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Done deal.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 09:29 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

You guys really think it would take that much? Look what Chris Mason got in the offseason. A second round pick.

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 09:30 PM
Zaphod

Svatos and somebody actually good.

yeah?

Zaphod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 09:32 PM
paperclip maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickfraser View Post
Do jOsh is good enoUgh to Be LikE a PrimE NETmindeR on A Team I dON't believe in. I mean Harding is not proven yet, i don't know it would be a good fit for the Avs. + both teams from the same division..
what's up with the word games dude? anyways, Harding has some pretty good potential, who knows, he might just need a chance to prove himself as a #1, like Smitty in tampa.

paperclip maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 09:33 PM
RTN
Be Kind, Rewind

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
I would think that is what DR would be looking for.

Avs fan, and I would love to get Harding. I just can't see Minny and Colorado trading.
Avs and the Flames have traded within the division, I don't think Minny is that much of a stretch. Harding solves a problem for the Avs. Svatos is like a Gaborik-lite with a cheap contract and could add dept for a cup run, while Harding would just warm the bench.

It's possible, but I still think Minny will hold onto Harding until at least the draft.

RTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 09:38 PM
Predsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphllp View Post
You guys really think it would take that much? Look what Chris Mason got in the offseason. A second round pick.
that was alot different...
nashville wanted to get rid of him bc we couldn't afford him + he had already lost the starting job sous paying 4mill for a backup isnt going to work and we didn't get a 2nd btw might wanna look that up

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 09:43 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skanker View Post
Avs and the Flames have traded within the division, I don't think Minny is that much of a stretch. Harding solves a problem for the Avs. Svatos is like a Gaborik-lite with a cheap contract and could add dept for a cup run, while Harding would just warm the bench.

It's possible, but I still think Minny will hold onto Harding until at least the draft.
Does Harding really solve a problem for the Avs? He's still unproven as a starter, though he's probably less of a risk than most of the options out there.

Svatos isn't Gaborik-lite by any stretch. That's awfully generous. Svatos is a pure goal scorer with little else.

But I do agree with you on one thing: I think the Wild hold onto Harding and deal him this summer when his value will probably be higher.

Ensane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 09:48 PM
hockeyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane View Post
Does Harding really solve a problem for the Avs? He's still unproven as a starter, though he's probably less of a risk than most of the options out there.

Svatos isn't Gaborik-lite by any stretch. That's awfully generous. Svatos is a pure goal scorer with little else.

But I do agree with you on one thing: I think the Wild hold onto Harding and deal him this summer when his value will probably be higher.
Yes, he does. Who in the Avalanche organization has any real shot at becoming a true #1. No one. There is an outside possibility that Cann or Sauer could someday break through, but I'm not going to bank on it. Harding would give something that the Avalanche desperately need from the net, a future. Oh, and I think he is a safer bet than Budaj.

Old
03-03-2009, 09:55 PM
Pyke*

I like Trevor Cann, but that's just me.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Goldy

Since so many of you think 4th round picks are worth so much, why not just trade the 4th round picks for the next ten years for Harding? Oh wait. GMs value 4ths a little less significantly than that.

Harding probably has the trade value right now of a mid 1st round pick. The Wild would prefer a young player or a prospect, but consider if what you are offering is equivalent to a mid 1st. Otherwise, the Wild won't bite.

Goldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfish View Post
Yes, he does. Who in the Avalanche organization has any real shot at becoming a true #1. No one. There is an outside possibility that Cann or Sauer could someday break through, but I'm not going to bank on it. Harding would give something that the Avalanche desperately need from the net, a future. Oh, and I think he is a safer bet than Budaj.
What I'm saying is that he's still a crapshoot. Just a better crapshoot than what we've seen within the organization in a longtime.

Ensane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 10:11 PM
hockeyfish

Quote:
What I'm saying is that he's still a crapshoot. Just a better crapshoot than what we've seen within the organization in a longtime.
I don't know. I would rather role the dice on this one than wait for Cann in three years and patch together budaj and whatever else gets dumped on us. Especially when Cann is quite the gamble. If it works out, we would be set for quite a while.

Old
03-03-2009, 10:16 PM
State of Hockey

Colorado would have to overpay to grab Harding. Minnesota isn't trading him in the NW division unless the deal is too good to pass up.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 12:17 AM
RTN
Be Kind, Rewind

Quote:

Harding gives the Avs a young, solid starter. We wouldn't expect him to be Brodeur, but there isn't a blue chip goalie in the system right now.

Svatos is a goal scorer and so is Gaborik. Both have had injury problems. Both fairly young. Gaborik is better for sure, but they are fairly similar, just like Grabner is a poor man's Gaborik.

RTN is offline   Reply With Quote