HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Reitz Waived (Update: Claimed by Toronto)

Old
03-04-2009, 12:33 PM
Melrose_Jr.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarltonTheBear View Post
What's the deal with his foot injury?
Broke it blocking a shot.

squishy posted a link in the Wolfpack thread saying that he was fitted for a boot and intended to keep playing though.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 12:35 PM
CtB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Broke it blocking a shot.

squishy posted a link in the Wolfpack thread saying that he was fitted for a boot and intended to keep playing though.
Thanks. I'll try and search for that link.

CtB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 12:38 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Here it is... http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/ho..._erik_rei.html

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 12:44 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
honestly not sure why he would be. He is cheap, played well and can he not go on IR

he likely clears anyways

man this leads me to think they have something set for a Dman

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/270394.html
Why would they put Reitz on waivers? I thought for the money he's making, he was a good defense man. He could check and take the body. Just a real steady stay at home defense man who needs boxing lessons and more ice time because he was a bit out of shape. That's what Torts said anyway and he wasn't wrong. But I think that is most certainly due to the lack of playing time he was getting in Minnesota.

IDK, I guess with guy's like Potter, Sauer, Fahey and Sangs possibly coming up next year, there's no use for him. And it's important when the year is done, that the Rangers re sign Mara. He's finally developing into an all around star defense man. He's big and stands his ground. He's learned to play much more aggressive and we need his shot at the blue line.

It figures though. Did anyone pick up Voros? I wouldn't be surprised if that answer was no. Too bad the Wild couldn't take him back, being that he played well on the line with Gaborik.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 12:47 PM
ReggieDunlop68
Hey Hanrahan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post

Starting to think some of our posters around here are bums.
Do you disagree with me or the other posters about Reitz?

ReggieDunlop68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post
Why would they put Reitz on waivers? I thought for the money he's making, he was a good defense man. He could check and take the body. Just a real steady stay at home defense man who needs boxing lessons and more ice time because he was a bit out of shape. That's what Torts said anyway and he wasn't wrong. But I think that is most certainly due to the lack of playing time he was getting in Minnesota.

IDK, I guess with guy's like Potter, Sauer, Fahey and Sangs possibly coming up next year, there's no use for him. And it's important when the year is done, that the Rangers re sign Mara. He's finally developing into an all around star defense man. He's big and stands his ground. He's learned to play much more aggressive and we need his shot at the blue line.

It figures though. Did anyone pick up Voros? I wouldn't be surprised if that answer was no. Too bad the Wild couldn't take him back, being that he played well on the line with Gaborik.
I hope he does great in Toronto. (Not too good though ) HE was a good cheap defender.

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote