HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Perrin Doesn't Even Deserve His Own Thread...Oh, wait!

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Magnus Fulgur

vCash: 500
Perrin Doesn't Even Deserve His Own Thread...Oh, wait!

Hurray! Perrin is gone, the last vestige of Hartley's Favorites (Kozlov carries over I suppose).

First he Bolts from the Bolts who finally gave him an NHL chance and then starts whining once his production falls off the map in the second half of last year.

He's played very erratically, and it was sad to see how hard he tried against Tampa but then mailed it in during other games lately. He's been a decent fill in for Slater, but that's all - a fourth liner.

Kudos to Don for not trading him and throwing him to the waiver wolves. You don't go to the press twice in a season wanting a trade!

Did he get a fair shot on the top six this year? No. But then he's been slower, weaker, and has had a poorer shot than Reasoner or even Thorburn, so why should he?

It was so clear from the get go that Perrin and Williams were problems this year, so why was nothing done? DW said they wanted to trade for Peverley earlier in the season. Perrin and a sixth should have gotten it done, and then the team could have started getting itself in gear. Wouldn't it have been better to have had Crabb up for the year than messing around with a guy like Perrin who was clearly one of the "passengers" that Exelby warned us about?

Old
03-03-2009, 12:23 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

How is he gone, he hasn't been picked up off waivers yet.

Old
03-03-2009, 12:30 PM
Magnus Fulgur

True, but do you really think he'll ever play for us again? He's already mad at the Thrashers, and now everyone knows what he said in the press the players won't welcome him back very kindly.

I'm sure Kovalchuk will want to kick his butt.

Old
03-03-2009, 12:33 PM
Ashe

Send him to the AHL or whatever.
We dont want him back up here.

Old
03-03-2009, 12:34 PM
Whaddagoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
How is he gone, he hasn't been picked up off waivers yet.
Optimistic thinking? Kind of hard not to be.

______

Let's see if he gets claimed.

Don't know if I'd call him a Hartley guy though, he played 6 games under him until Bob was shown the door..

He's a decent 3rd/4th liner, not sure how he had the guts to really complain this much - its not that he has a huge career history showing he is an awesome, dependable 3rd liner. This will only be his third "FULL season" in the NHL, with a few games during 03-04 and the cup run.

Old
03-03-2009, 12:34 PM
BreakTheWallsDown
HFBoards Prospect

Send a message via AIM to BreakTheWallsDown Send a message via MSN to BreakTheWallsDown
as i said in the news thread, good riddance. i never had much of a problem with the guy until he started running his mouth.

Old
03-03-2009, 12:37 PM
Magnus Fulgur

Perrin's a Hartley guy because Perrin is a friend of Bob's and works on Hartley's summer hockey camp. That's how Perrin was brought to the Thrashers in the first place, which is a bit awkward since he was leaving the team with his childhood friend Martin-St. Louis and the first organization to give him a real shot at the NHL.

Old
03-03-2009, 12:41 PM
Whaddagoal

Ahhh, so there is more Hartley to it than it seems.

In general, I fall in the lines of what Illusion just said - I didn't have many problems with Perrin until i read that AJC article yesterday.

Old
03-03-2009, 12:53 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
When you play on a line with Kozlov and Hossa, of course you'll put up some points. Once Hossa was shipped out, Perrin's production fell hard. And after all that, Perrin actually felt he should be in the top six? Just because you put up some good points in between two good wingers doesn't make you a good player.

I don't see anyone picking him up, so I think he's going to finish the year in Chicago, unless he can be piggy-backed onto a trade tomorrow.

In other news, Jon Sim was put on waivers, too. Wonder if it would be worth it to get him back?

Old
03-03-2009, 01:02 PM
aparch

Really? Claim Jon Sim? If the ISLANDERS can't use him, what good would he be in Atlanta?

Old
03-03-2009, 01:06 PM
Whaddagoal

Why Sim? Nostalgia.

I remember he had a heavy shot, and was a pest around the net. But i don't remember how good his wheels were. If he doesn't have anymore wheels, he won't fit into JA's system..... considering he was out all last season (practically), i'd imagine he's more than damaged goods at this point.

Old
03-03-2009, 01:06 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Yes Yes Yes

Thank You Please Dont Ever Come Back Loser!!!!

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!!!!

Old
03-03-2009, 01:11 PM
TasteofFlames

I loved John Sim when he was here, but we really don't need a roster spot taken by a nostalgia trip when we have kids who need to audition for a spot for next season.

Old
03-03-2009, 01:25 PM
GetPucksDeep

The glass rod of failures has spoken!!

Old
03-03-2009, 01:35 PM
The Sneak

ummmm, if we get rid of everyone that doesn't want to be here we won't be able to ice a team.

Old
03-03-2009, 03:03 PM
blankspace6

Perrin...
Perrin...
Perrin...

YOU SUCK!
Have fun riding a bus in the AHL.

Old
03-03-2009, 03:22 PM
StevenintheATL

Well that's what he gets for running his mouth in the AJC.....

Even if he doesn't get picked up, he's probably played his last game in a Thrashers uniform.

Old
03-03-2009, 03:54 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Bah. Perrin was great last season, but it seems that he needed Dupuis around in order to play well...

We should have just given the Pens Perrin as they originally wanted.

It's funny that you guys ***** about Perrin making negative comments when guys like Belanger, Savard and Heatley also made negative comments during/after their time in Atlanta. I don't see you *****ing about them.

Be fair to the guy, Anderson did not use him correctly at all.

Old
03-03-2009, 04:15 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Perrin never said anything negative, he did say he wanted a trade. I think the last person to to do that publicly was Petr Buzek, and he was off the team within a couple of days.

Heatley sure as heck gets grief for his departure.

Old
03-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
Perrin never said anything negative, he did say he wanted a trade. I think the last person to to do that publicly was Petr Buzek, and he was off the team within a couple of days.

Heatley sure as heck gets grief for his departure.
He gets grief for his departure, but not necessarily for the things he said.

The last person to request a trade was actually Dany Heatley

Old
03-03-2009, 04:23 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Aurumque View Post
He gets grief for his departure, but not necessarily for the things he said.

The last person to request a trade was actually Dany Heatley
Not publicly. He did it behind closed doors.

Old
03-03-2009, 04:24 PM
BreakTheWallsDown
HFBoards Prospect

Send a message via AIM to BreakTheWallsDown Send a message via MSN to BreakTheWallsDown
the only reason i dont ***** about the other players' comments is because they are so far in the past now. the stuff with perrin running his mouth about wanting a trade is happening now.

i agree about perrin needing dupuis around to play well. last year perrin was a product of his teammates. and i definitely wish we would have traded him instead of dupuis now, but I guess hindsight is always 20/20

Old
03-03-2009, 04:26 PM
Magnus Fulgur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Aurumque View Post
Bah. Perrin was great last season, but it seems that he needed Dupuis around in order to play well...

We should have just given the Pens Perrin as they originally wanted.

It's funny that you guys ***** about Perrin making negative comments when guys like Belanger, Savard and Heatley also made negative comments during/after their time in Atlanta. I don't see you *****ing about them.

Be fair to the guy, Anderson did not use him correctly at all.
Kinda veering all over the road now...

Perrin said negative things twice now before ever being shown the door. The other guys said things about the organization as a whole that put it in a negative light after they left. They didn't complain about playing time before they left...twice. Big difference.

Also, people (including me) complained about Belanger's statement about why he didn't resign here, and I complained a lot about how Heatley gave a terse ghost-written press release and then didn't thank Atlantans for standing by him and went on about how he was happy to play in a hockey city. He had every right to be happy about Ottawa, but he never did his community service here and he couldn't wait to turn his back on Atlanta. I'm also ticked at Hossa for going to the press constantly about wanting to wait and see about the direction of the team while refusing to submit a money demand, shifting agents, and just watching the team go into a tailspin. But this is a thread about Perrin. Not a thread about you being better than everybody else.

Anderson said at the beginning of the season that he sat down with White and Perrin that he expected more of them offensively. Only one guy responded by shooting and passing better and skating harder from day one in camp. The other guy is on waivers. Perrin did some decent PK work, but that's all he showed he was capable of. The guy disappeared almost completely for the last 30 games of last season...why should Anderson be thrilled about plugging in an even slower Perrin this year?

Old
03-03-2009, 04:29 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by aparch View Post
Really? Claim Jon Sim? If the ISLANDERS can't use him, what good would he be in Atlanta?
I suppose I should have used something to indicate sarcasm. That's how I intended it, anyhow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetNoneIn View Post
The glass rod of failures has spoken!!
Hahaha! Glass rod of failures!

Perrin has now been Zhitnik'd!

Old
03-03-2009, 06:08 PM
KevFist
is best pony

All Hail The Glass Rod Of Failuresss!!!! So Let It Be Written, So Let It Be Done!!!

Closed Thread