Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jarome Iginla 2008-09

Old
03-03-2009, 08:39 PM
Qubax

vCash: 500
Jarome Iginla 2008-09

I find it hilarious how everyone has been harping on Jarome for a good chunk of the season...

...and I know he went through a dry spell there for awhile....but I mean he does every year...

After the first period against Ottawa tonight Mar 3/09

Jarome has

63 - 28 - 46 - 74

If Iginla get's no more points for the rest of this game, then he'll have 19 games remaining to do the following:

19 - 12 -10 - 22 These are very possible, even probable numbers....

Iginla is so well conditioned he often shines more as other teams players get a little worn out from the long year...

Anyway those two sets of numbers combined have Jarome with the following:

82 - 40 - 56 - 96 ....Stellar, totally normal Jarome numbers...

-----
I remember one year Fleury had 51 goals and 53 assists for 104 when Dougie Gilmour was passing to him...

Then a couple of years later he had 34 goals and 66 assists for 100 points when Robert Reichel was enduring one of his two back to back 40 goal seasons...

So you can see where I am going with this, Cammy has been a little more of the trigger man for good portions of the season...

Iggy's the man

Qubax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 08:49 PM
GoFlames

Iggy is totally playing fantastic. Sure he has dry spells but lately he is insanely hot. Sutter resign Cammy...

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 05:38 AM
Skobel24
#Ignited

vCash: 50
I got a bit worried when he only had 3 goals in 17 games. They were still winning, and I know it was a cold streak, but that was one hell of a cold streak. Atleast he was getting assists.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 11:27 AM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel55 View Post
I got a bit worried when he only had 3 goals in 17 games. They were still winning, and I know it was a cold streak, but that was one hell of a cold streak. Atleast he was getting assists.
Yes this is what makes the difference this year with team depth. In the past the team would have went on a big skid. Liking the difference this year!

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 12:14 PM
Qubax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel55 View Post
Ovechkin started the year with 2 goals in 11 games...he even had those 2 goals in 1 game, so in the surrounding 10 games he had 0 goals...

So 3 in 17...meh it happens....goal scorers are streaky...and Iginla get's soooo much attention in Calgary...

Iginla is one of the most consistent NHLers around, even with his slow period this year....

Qubax is offline   Reply With Quote