HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

03/04/09 Montreal @ Buffalo 7:30PM EST RDS-HD TSN-HD MSGB-HD

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
The best trades are the one you dont make... my *ss!

And please, get Brisebois the **** out of this line-up. He dont deserve to get his 1000th game. He looked like a ****ing pee wee on the Spacek goal.
Breezer did look bad but Kosto shouldn't have thrown a blind pass into the middle of the ice. He's just as much to blame on that play as Breezer is.

Old
03-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Owen Wilson

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Owen Wilson Send a message via MSN to Owen Wilson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Africa. View Post
I still can't believe Gainey did nothing.
I would love to hear what you wanted/expected Bob to do

Old
03-04-2009, 08:13 PM
DaHabMan

and you guys that are claming for a trade, cmon.......a defenseman wouldve been able to solve all the defensive problems or a forward would have been able to make everyone score more magically, gimme a break.

Old
habs1988

WHy don't you put Akost on RW Guy?

I mean...WAKE UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!

It's not complicated to put MaxPac (who is the only forechecker on this team) with Pleky and Kovy! This line worked well sooner.

Then, put Akost with Higgins and Saku! And when Tanguay comes back, left Akost with Saku and Tanguay!!

But I think the real problem is the defense. We are too often in the defensive zone.

Old
Biggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post
What make a trade for the sake of making a trade? He has no room under the salary cap.......I dont think he was sitting around doing nothing all day.....
Yeah im guessing there were possible trades on the table but maybe they consisted of there younger talent going out the door, why through away young prospys for 1 or 2 guys possible that will only play the year out and go on to another team, and maybe go past the 2nd rd . YAY what an accomplishment but yeah i still think they needed a guy at center and another dman so i hope they can get that in the offseason.

Old
Next Best Thing*

Shut up about Gainey.

I ****ING HATE THE SABRES

As long as Ruff is going to coach that team they will always be a bunch of borderline dirty players that play the rulebook to the limit without getting caught. Take the first period for example where we dominated - it was because they didn't use their cheap bag of tricks, and when they did the refs caught them. BUT WE SUCK, and failed to score or get any kind of momentum going into the second, hence the game we are witnessing right now.

I expect a half-ass comeback attempt in the third where we control the period for 12-13 mins max the rest being counter-attacks by the always opportunistic Sabres against a fragile Carey Price coupled with some bonehead gambles by our defense.

Good game y'all.

Old
03-04-2009, 08:14 PM
We Want The 25
Go Habs Go

i dont think bob could have done much that would rly help us the only things would be jokinen and morris and both cost way too much at this time and they not even that great of a fit

Old
sheed36

Quote:
The best trades are the one you didnt make... my *ss!

And please, get Brisebois the **** out of this line-up. He dont deserve to get his 1000th game. He looked like a ****ing pee wee on the Spacek goal.
Pee Wee Herman?

Old
gusfring

This game sums up this day perfectly.

Old
Ross MacLochness

Shame on Gainey for bringing Brisebois back. Yeah, Streit can't play D for this team and we don't need any outside help... let's just bring back Carbo's buddy.

****ing sickening.

Old
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

I can't believe how pathetic Komisarek is out there, he seriously can't even turn right. It's awesome that we have guys like Dandenault (who played well on D before his injury) and O'Byrne (who played well in his latest recall) in the pressbox while Brisebois keeps costing us one or two goals a game. Also if Komi is injured just sit the **** out because you're hurting the team more than you are helping it.

Old
Africa.

OwenWilson, I would have wanted him to get us a defenseman who knows how to play defense and a center that could somehow replace Lang. A Reinprecht or Antropov.

Old
03-04-2009, 08:15 PM
DieHardHabs

Quote:
I still can't believe Gainey did nothing.
why!!? Nobody should be suprised, we were up against the cap, he isn't going to blow up the team a month before the playoffs... he showed confidence in the guys that he had, and if it goes sour he will blow it up in the summer. Shouldnt be suprised that he didn't do anything, nobody should.. what could he have done

Old
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
The best trades are the one you dont make... my *ss!

I've updated my list of things that are inevitable;

1.) Death
2.) Taxes
3.) Winter
4.) Soft Breeze-by play that leads to a goal.

And my favourite phrase Addition by Subtraction....Brisebois should be the poster boy for that one.

Habs will be instantly better defensively once he's gone, retired or whatever.

Old
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
So here's why Gainey didn't do anything. We're not 1 trade or 2 close to be anything dangerous come playoff time. But then this is the worst position ever 'cause you also can't do a firesale 'cause of your position in the standings. And with the tons of UFA's we have, well there's not a whole lot of material to do something. This summer will be the biggest summer in the last 10 years for the Habs. Every decision will be crucial. I really hope that one point, one of the decisions will be to hire a freakin d-man coach.

Good job guys! Great way to show your GM that you deserved all the confidence he had in you...

Old
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
I found a new nickname for Patrice Brisebois... Pathetic Brisebois..

Damn we suck... If it wasnt for halak we would have lost 15 of the last 17 games... Carey as the caracter of a baby, needs to slap himself in the face.

Old
Le Maroons

Gainey got Schneider 2 weeks ago. He's been a good addition, get over it.

Price is not to blame for the 3-0 Buffalo lead. At 2-0 Buffalo, Montreal was the better team.

The team has played well in this game, they can play well again. An early goal in the third and maybe they can make this interesting.

It's disappointing yes, but come on, overreact much?

Old
03-04-2009, 08:17 PM
Hab-a-maniac

I know the deadline day was a dud and that we're **** tonight, but my God even I find the negativity in here insane for a team that had won 4 straight prior tonight and over good teams too. Let's see if this game wakes up somebody... anybody? We know we're not winning a cup. What remains to be seen is how Gainey can rebuild in the off-season with youth and UFAs. If he ices another smallish, weak, pansy lineup, I'm all for him being replaced. But now? Because of 08-09 not working great and it not being a cup contender in the 5th year of a five year plan? Calm the **** down on that one.

Old
03-04-2009, 08:18 PM
Erik Estrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHabMan View Post
fire carbo and bring in someone who knows how to coach.....other than that the team is fine. This is looking a lot like a team that isnt playing to a system. There just running around wherever the puck is with disregard to their positions
Carbo's press conference: "snif, snif...Hard Work...snif, snif....Work Harder....snif, snif....Work.....Harder...snif, snif"

Old
03-04-2009, 08:19 PM
Africa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Maroons View Post
Gainey got Schneider 2 weeks ago. He's been a good addition, get over it.

Price is not to blame for the 3-0 Buffalo lead. At 2-0 Buffalo, Montreal was the better team.

The team has played well in this game, they can play well again. An early goal in the third and maybe they can make this interesting.

It's disappointing yes, but come on, overreact much?
It's just very irriating. What was supposed to be a fun season for the fans has turned into **** because of the heartless bunch we have on the ice.

Old
Nashy
The Honey Badger

All I want to see is a ****ing goal....when was the last time the Habs scored in Buffalo?, and I'm not talking about the Kost brothers or Hammer.

Old
Owen Wilson

Send a message via AIM to Owen Wilson Send a message via MSN to Owen Wilson
Quote:
OwenWilson, I would have wanted him to get us a defenseman who knows how to play defense and a center that could somehow replace Lang. A Reinprecht or Antropov.
Do you honestly believe that Antropov/Reinprecht would've really made any kind of difference?

The only move to make was to add a big centre and there wasn't really any available for the right price

and as for a D...who did you have in mind?

Old
03-04-2009, 08:20 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

a center+ any defenseman would have been better that Breezer.
I liked what Pierre said on TSN in regards to Montreal and what they did today...

Old
03-04-2009, 08:20 PM
BigTimer*

We need a coach who has a system, and one who holds the players responsible.

We also need a GM with a clear strategy and an education.

Old
03-04-2009, 08:21 PM
12jf54

vCash: 108
People need to calm down. This is just getting ridiculous. Take a breather, go walk or something...jeez

Closed Thread