HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Derek Morris to be a devil or flyer

Old
03-04-2009, 11:01 AM
Jakeman

vCash: 500
Morris might go west after all, hmm.

Jakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 11:39 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
I know you were trying to make a point, but you did a ****** job making it.

Tell me, who did Colorado have anchoring their blueline when they won the Cup a few seasons before the failed one you're talking about? Rob Blake, Ray Bourque and Adam Foote. Who'd they have on offense? The list goes on and on with good-to-star players.....

So I'm just saying, if you're going to use a team without star power, don't use the Avs from that year, lol, they're were packed with stars.
Ok there green giant... I was saying that adding a big name Free agent or trading for a big name player won't make your team INDESTRUCTIBLE. We have a very solid defense, so why would the Devils give up a roster player, a prospect and a 1st round pick for a STUD d-men ?!?!? Did the Avalanche win the SCP when they signed Selanne, Kariya and company... i don't think so. They won the cup with players that were already in the organisation since a couple of years and acquired Ray Bourque for Rolston and a 1st. If Lou can land one of the best d-men in hockey (cause Bourque was just that at the moment of the trade) for a roster player + a pick... he would do it right away but in today's business, you couldn't even get a sub-par UFA for that price.

For god's sakes.... Burke is asking a 1st round pick for ANTROPOV !!!

B.T.W. Derreck Morris doesn't fit the mold of a STUD d-men.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 01:12 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Ok there green giant... I was saying that adding a big name Free agent or trading for a big name player won't make your team INDESTRUCTIBLE. We have a very solid defense, so why would the Devils give up a roster player, a prospect and a 1st round pick for a STUD d-men ?!?!? Did the Avalanche win the SCP when they signed Selanne, Kariya and company... i don't think so. They won the cup with players that were already in the organisation since a couple of years

Um...Actually, that's exactly what put them over the hump (a stud D-Man). They traded for Rob Blake in his prime. They won the Cup that year.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote