HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

'09 Kings Forum Trade Deadline Thread (Deadline is TODAY 12PM PST)

Old
02-22-2009, 01:09 AM
hangons

vCash: 500
'09 Kings Forum Trade Deadline Thread (Deadline is TODAY 12PM PST)

I think the Kings are sellers although I don't expect any blockbuster deals... I expect Brian Boyle will be gone for sure... My predictions:

Boyle traded for a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Peter Harold for a 4th round pick.

No interest in Calder or Armstrong. They won't be moved.

hangons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 01:21 AM
LA Kings Cup Champs

Not only do I not see Calder being moved but I could see him getting a contract extension for 1 or 2 years at, let's say max 1.5 mil per. I could then see Richardson taking Army's spot on the 4th line and then having Moller re-inserted on the 3rd line with Zues and Simmonds.

I could then see Calder either sitting out or begin moved to the fourth line, in place of Harrold, once Calder's line starts to cool down (if it ever cools down) and having Purcell plugged in on the 2nd line with Stoll and Brownie.

Hopefully we can do something with Goatcheeay, even if it is just getting a 7th round pick for him, like someone else I do not care to mention. O'D will be gone after this season, as will Army.

LA Kings Cup Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 01:50 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

If we are going to trade anyone for picks, I hope DL's plan is to use those picks to either move up at the draft or trade them draft day for an NHLer. We have tons of prospects, and while the forwards could use a little restocking, I don't think we need to draft more than 6 players at this draft. And we already have what, 12-14 picks?

I can't see Boyle getting moved for a pick, that's either a prospect swap or a package with another pick or a Gauthier/Preissing/Calder/Army/Ersberg for an upgrade of whichever NHLer we trade. That said, I agree we've seen the last of Brian Boyle.

If we are not planning on landing that big time impact forward by the start of next season, I'd like to see up pick up another top 4 dman who is 27-30, costs no more than 4 million and is signed for only 2 years. A Van Ryn type would be good imo for next season.

If Calder can be had for 1.5 million and played with Zus and Simmonds on the 3rd line, I'd keep him around.

It would be great to keep Army as the 13th forward if he's willing to resign.

The only player I really want traded is Preissing.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 02:37 AM
kingsholygrail
Hail HYDRA!

Don't be surprised if this year's deadline is as uneventful as last year's.

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 04:18 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Lombardi loves Harrold, why is he trading him again?

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 04:42 AM
hangons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Lombardi loves Harrold, why is he trading him again?
Dreweski
Volkov
Hickey

hangons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 09:13 AM
deano

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangons View Post
Dreweski
Volkov
Hickey
Drewiske maybe

Voinov has hit the wall in Manchester and probably needs another two years. Possibly some call ups next year if he's one of the best d men in Manchester, but that's a big "if" right now.

Hickey has to win the job, and that is not set in stone. DL loves competition and loves Harrold.

So basically I can't see any scenario where Harrold gets moved this year. I doubt it happens

I'd also like to see Calder get dealt, and then resigned in FA. Sort of what Tkachuk and Weight did a few times with the Blues. 1.5 sounds about perfect

deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 09:54 AM
HeadInjury

Quote:

No way DL trades Boyle for only a third or fourth and Harrold for only a fourth. Boyle I could see being traded but the return would be more.

There will be plenty of interest in Calder, although the return may not be much.

I don't see Armstrong being moved because the return would be so little and his main purpose is his presence in the locker room.

I think Calder and Gauthier are the most likely to be traded. I'm sure they would like to trade Preissing, but I think we're stuck with that contract.

HeadInjury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 10:00 AM
Mr Irreverent
Thiago who???

I expect nothing. I hope we can get rid of Preissing and hopefully Armstrong and Calder can get a chance to play in the playoffs this year.

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 10:20 AM
The Judge

All I know is that all teams in the last 25 years that have won the Cup have a legitimate #1 Forward or Center and Kopitar is not there yet even Dean says that.

That being said, do we get a true #1 forward or center or do we wait for Kopitar to develop?

If we get a true #1 then we do not have to wait to be in the playoffs next year. If we wait for Kopi then who knows...

What really we need to address is we need a game breaker that can change the game anytime. That's what we are missing I think. There's a hefty price tag I am sure and we have to pay.... nothing is free to get success....

Personally, if we don't get a true #1 player then the best thing Dean ought to do is get a veteran who is a great leader that the team can learn from. Sorry Rob Blake was a bad example and a bad move Dean..... a forward preferably not a "D."

Thoughts guys?

The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 10:55 AM
deano

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Judge View Post
All I know is that all teams in the last 25 years that have won the Cup have a legitimate #1 Forward or Center and Kopitar is not there yet even Dean says that.

That being said, do we get a true #1 forward or center or do we wait for Kopitar to develop?

If we get a true #1 then we do not have to wait to be in the playoffs next year. If we wait for Kopi then who knows...

What really we need to address is we need a game breaker that can change the game anytime. That's what we are missing I think. There's a hefty price tag I am sure and we have to pay.... nothing is free to get success....

Personally, if we don't get a true #1 player then the best thing Dean ought to do is get a veteran who is a great leader that the team can learn from. Sorry Rob Blake was a bad example and a bad move Dean..... a forward preferably not a "D."

Thoughts guys?
With the stock of free agents in this years pool, it would seem prudent to try that angle first. If DL gets shut out in free agency, then it's time to shop prospects. At that point we will have the '09 draft in the books and plenty of prospects to shop to get a front line player.

Old
02-22-2009, 11:12 AM
kingdoughty

Why do you guys want to see Calder go away? Have you seen him skate lately?

kingdoughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 11:27 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
As much as I hate Calder, it's working right now. That said, I'd prefer more. I don't see the Kings making any big moves, maybe a lateral move. Hopefully send Preissing somewhere where he'll get to play more.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 11:29 AM
deano

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdoughty View Post
Why do you guys want to see Calder go away? Have you seen him skate lately?
I can't speak for everyone, but I can't imagine that everyone wants to see him gone. With another loss or two though, the Kings might be sellers. The way Calder has been playing, he might fetch a second round pick. I would love to deal him for the asset and resign him in the FA period

Last edited by deano: 02-22-2009 at 11:35 AM.
Old
02-22-2009, 12:00 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
I think the Kings are sellers although I don't expect any blockbuster deals... I expect Brian Boyle will be gone for sure... My predictions:

And what exactly is the sense for giving away Boyle for a 3rd or 4th ???????
That Kid is along term project and showed flashes of brilliance.
I rather keep him and see him turning into a bust than trading him away for worthless 3rd or 4th rounder and see him being a late starter and powerforward on another team.

Like is said............. rather no trade than the wrong one.
I would like to see no trade happens that deadline and wait for the UFA market.
Our Core is untouchable and the Vets are worthless

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 12:18 PM
devilinto

Voynov hitting the wall.

I guess when a kid has afew bad games thats what u call it.

Voynov is a beast.

he will make the team next year.

devilinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 12:19 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 1888
The only time Boyle will be a power forward is if he plays as Karl Malone in a video game.

Just being honest.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 12:29 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

vCash: 1500
Quote:

Anything less than a 2nd would be an injustice.

Personally, I wouldn't trade Boyle but all signs seem to signal otherwise.

Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 12:45 PM
Mr Irreverent
Thiago who???

Calder has stepped it up sure, but I can't see DL giving him or Armstrong another contract. Once the season ends there will be plenty of decisions made by DL. The real question is whether or not they have the patience to keep Boyle and Moulson around for another go next year. As of now, Simmonds has been able to do what Boyle, Purcell and Moulson couldn't do. Play solid 2 way hockey without being a complete liability on the ice.

Old
02-22-2009, 12:52 PM
Awayboardn

Send a message via AIM to Awayboardn
I don't think we'll be making any big pushes this year either...I think our best bet is FA personally....I hoping for a big name impact player that will turn this organization around!!! We've all waited waaaaaaaaaaaaay tooooo loooooonnnnngggggg....we need to pay the big bucks and get a real game changing/impact player!!

P.S. am I retarted...Penguins just put Garon in net!!!! when the hell did he get traded...geeese i'm losin it!

Awayboardn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 12:54 PM
Awayboardn

Send a message via AIM to Awayboardn
traded from the Oilers of course...not Kings hahah

Awayboardn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 12:59 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

I don't doubt Boyle might be traded by the beginning of next season but if the Kings are sellers, why would they trade Boyle? I don't see why a playoff team would give up assets at the deadline for a guy who has been playing in the AHL all season and has minimal NHL experience. I think it would be more likely to see Boyle traded if they were buyers.. makes more sense to me.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 01:07 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

vCash: 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
I don't doubt Boyle might be traded by the beginning of next season but if the Kings are sellers, why would they trade Boyle? I don't see why a playoff team would give up assets at the deadline for a guy who has been playing in the AHL all season and has minimal NHL experience. I think it would be more likely to see Boyle traded if they were buyers.. makes more sense to me.
I don't think it will necessarily be a playoff team but perhaps a young team in transition, pretty much like us.

Only reason that we would trade Boyle is because DL and TM don't seem very high on him.

Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 01:18 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

If Boyle would go to the ****ing net and realize that his future in this league is to become Holmstrom, then we would have something special. Big guy with soft and quick hands hanging out around the blue line is like a large breasted blonde in an oversized sweater - misuse of talent.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 01:21 PM
Mr Irreverent
Thiago who???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
If Boyle would go to the ****ing net and realize that his future in this league is to become Holmstrom, then we would have something special. Big guy with soft and quick hands hanging out around the blue line is like a large breasted blonde in an oversized sweater - misuse of talent.
I agree with this, but Boyle also needs to learn to play defensive hockey and not take bad penalties. See also: Simmonds, Wayne.