HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[OTT/CBJ] Pascal Leclaire + 2nd round pick for Antoine Vermette

Old
03-06-2009, 03:37 PM
lefty2time*

vCash: 500
You guys are idiots..
its not about "well a 2nd round pick probably wont develeop into anything"

its about VALUE OF A 2ND ROUND PICK. Currently..a second round pick has decent value...thats why so few a traded these days...they get you a mediocre scorerl ike Antropov etc....
Just to throw that in as well as a good young goalie is DEF overpayment for a player that people on here WOULD BARELY GIVE A 3RD FOR LIKE 2 MONTHS AGO!
Ottawa wins this trade.

lefty2time* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 03:40 PM
Doug19

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty2time View Post
You guys are idiots..
its not about "well a 2nd round pick probably wont develeop into anything"

its about VALUE OF A 2ND ROUND PICK. Currently..a second round pick has decent value...thats why so few a traded these days...they get you a mediocre scorerl ike Antropov etc....
Just to throw that in as well as a good young goalie is DEF overpayment for a player that people on here WOULD BARELY GIVE A 3RD FOR LIKE 2 MONTHS AGO!
Ottawa wins this trade.
Who gives a **** dude. Fans of Columbus are just as happy if not more happy than Ottawa with this trade. I really don't give a rats ass who won the trade because we (Columbus) has the center we (Columbus) have been targeting for a year and a half. I really don't see the point in arguing who won the trade because the way I see it is both teams won. Columbus blows their second rounders anyway so chances are we would have drafted a dud in the second anyway. Instead of calling people idiots you should just go away.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 03:56 PM
The Chef*

hahaha what a first impression from pascal.

The Chef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 05:13 PM
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
ENGLISH Leclaire conference:

FRENCH Leclaire conference:

Last edited by Hell on Heels: 03-06-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 05:46 PM
DaveMatthew

Honestly, I'm just happy that Ottawa finally took a risk to get a legitimate #1 goalie.

I loved Vermette and think he's a more than capable 2nd line center, but he wasn't going to make or break this team. Besides, we already have Fisher in that role, so Vermette had to play out of position most of the time.

The goalie position is much, much more important than a 2nd line C, and Leclaire has the potential to be a pretty damn good #1. Obviously it's a risk, and it may not pan out, but proven #1 guys don't become available very often, so more often than not, if you're trading or signing a goalie, you're taking a risk.

DaveMatthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 07:26 PM
HANSENISBEST

As a fan of Ottawa, I really like this trade for both teams. Leclaire could come back completely healthy and kill it, and Columbus badly needed another C. Good hockey deal.

HANSENISBEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 07:44 PM
Blades 0f Steel

According to NHLnumbers.com, Leclair only has a .758M cap hit for the next few years, so it's a fantastic trade by Ottawa!

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 08:33 PM
Savante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
According to NHLnumbers.com, Leclair only has a .758M cap hit for the next few years, so it's a fantastic trade by Ottawa!
Maybe for the rest of this year, but Leclaire has a 3.8 cap hit for the next two.

Savante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 12:09 AM
hashmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
Where do you see that?

His cap hit starting this year was 2.983

http://www.nhlnumbers.com/overview.p...LB&season=0809

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 10:16 AM
KT7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe View Post
I think it was TSN that said yesterday that 29 percent of the picks in the 40-50 range (likely where the new Sens pick will be) since 1996 have played more than 100 NHL games.
That is surprising if true.

Sens last ten 2nd round picks:

Patrick Wiercioch
Ruslan Bashkirov
Kirill Lyamin
Igor Mirnov
Alexei Kaigorodov
Antoine Vermette
Simon Lajeunesse
Mike Fisher
Marc Moro
Stanislav Neckar

So I would guess the average would be about correct.

Still a 70% chance of nothing though

KT7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 10:25 PM
Kikizaz

I just wanted to say, even though im a bit late to the party, that I believe Ottawa just robbed Columbus blind. I have seen several Vermette games when he has played against Montreal and he is quite ordinary. Leclaire might have a bit of the injury bug (more like injury plague) but he is still a good keeper and the 2nd round pick could turn into a valuable prospect for down the road. Plus this deal makes Leclaire the #1 goalie next year so Ottawa does not have to force Elliot too much.

good deal Ottawa.

Kikizaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 10:38 PM
SilverSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodwan553 View Post
"I know St. Hubert is not really far from across the river."

"Will I get free meals if I keep dropping the name?"

Little known fact....Ottawa is one of only two cities that has both a St Hubert and Swiss Chalet.

The two restauruants have an agreement not to encroach on eachothers territories, but Ottawa and Moncton were grandfathered in.

SilverSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 10:57 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikizaz View Post
I just wanted to say, even though im a bit late to the party, that I believe Ottawa just robbed Columbus blind. I have seen several Vermette games when he has played against Montreal and he is quite ordinary. Leclaire might have a bit of the injury bug (more like injury plague) but he is still a good keeper and the 2nd round pick could turn into a valuable prospect for down the road. Plus this deal makes Leclaire the #1 goalie next year so Ottawa does not have to force Elliot too much.

good deal Ottawa.

I think Columbus is happy with this trade. Assuming LeClaire can play 50-60 games yearly, both teams win.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 12:10 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:

good deal Ottawa.

Given that Vermette had an absolutely fantastic performance tonight against the Bruins, I don't think there was much robbery after all.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 12:45 AM
WJG
Running and Rioting

30-Jun-06: Columbus Blue Jackets traded Marc Denis to the Tampa Bay Lightning for Fredrik Modin and Fredrik Norrena.

Anyone else notice the similarities?

Columbus trades their former #1 starting goalie to a team one year removed from going to the Stanley Cup finals, in desperate need for a goalie, for an established second line player.

Columbus wins this trade.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 05:37 AM
hashmarks

Quote:

good deal Ottawa.

I just want to say that unless the Sens really bolster their d corps. they are in for a world of hurt with Pazzy.

He is a full on 'attack' style goalie and since he is attacking the shot, he is not in any kind of position for a redirect or a 2nd chance.

When you are attacking like that, you can't move your feet laterally like he needs to.

I am glad you feel that the jackets got fleeced, because this poster feels like you guys are going to rue the day Murray every made that trade and touted Pazzy as a #1 guy. Vermette already is better than I expected he would be and will only get better. Hitchcock seems to have that affect on players.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 05:46 AM
Chuck Downie
Berube is Chief

vCash: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
Little known fact....Ottawa is one of only two cities that has both a St Hubert and Swiss Chalet.

The two restauruants have an agreement not to encroach on eachothers territories, but Ottawa and Moncton were grandfathered in.

I didn't know that.

BTW St. Hubert >> Swiss Chalet

Chuck Downie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 07:06 AM
Kikizaz

I worded my post too strongly it seems. I just don't think Vermette was very valuable on Ottawa. I was never too impressed by what I had seen from him. I understand that Vermette is younger, but during this same trade deadline Nik Antropov only garnered a 2nd and conditional pick. Given my choice of centres I would probably have chosen the latter. It pains me to choose a leaf, esp since I like a lot of Ottawa's team. All my post was supposed to say is "I don't think Vermette is very good."

Old
03-11-2009, 07:11 AM
Kikizaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashmarks View Post
I just want to say that unless the Sens really bolster their d corps. they are in for a world of hurt with Pazzy.

He is a full on 'attack' style goalie and since he is attacking the shot, he is not in any kind of position for a redirect or a 2nd chance.

When you are attacking like that, you can't move your feet laterally like he needs to.
Well won't Ottawa be trying to get a #1 D this summer?
Seems like Murray might actually have plan?
I don't really care since I am a Habs fan, but I hope Ottawa makes quicker turn around than the leafs.

Old
03-11-2009, 08:13 AM
The King of Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlighting View Post
30-Jun-06: Columbus Blue Jackets traded Marc Denis to the Tampa Bay Lightning for Fredrik Modin and Fredrik Norrena.

Columbus trades their former #1 starting goalie to a team one year removed from going to the Stanley Cup finals, in desperate need for a goalie, for an established second line player.

Columbus wins this trade, because they won the Denis one? Really? That's your argument?

The King of Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 08:25 AM
Captain_Cunney

Quote:
I don't really care since I am a Habs fan, but I hope Ottawa makes quicker turn around than the leafs.
He is but even if he doesn't land one it won't be a big factor. The D has come back around since Clouston took over and is looking more and more like the solid d'core we had before.

Even if the D stays the exact same next year (Lee/Campolli will both be better most likely and Karlson may make the jump) it is still a better d'core than Leclaire had in front of him when he posted his 9 shutouts, so that point the previous poster made is irrelevant.

Captain_Cunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 08:48 AM
MakoSlade

Send a message via AIM to MakoSlade Send a message via MSN to MakoSlade Send a message via Yahoo to MakoSlade
Any trade where both team's fans are arguing that they won is a great trade all around! In the wise words of the immortal Philip J. Fry...

"Everybody wins!"

MakoSlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 09:17 AM
trentmccleary

Quote:

I notice similarities in all trade involving a goalie for a skater. The skater's ice time will change relatively slightly depending on the role he plays... but the goalies ice time will vary greatly depending on his role. We're expecting Leclaire to be our starter and play 60 games, but if he becomes our back-up he only plays 20. For that same difference to happen with Vermette, they'd have to be expecting a 20 mins a night 1st liner and get a 6-7 mins a night 4th liner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashmarks View Post
Our defense is better than it has looked, has been improved a lot already with players being moved down into more comfortable roles and some out of the lineup completely.

Quote:
I worded my post too strongly it seems. I just don't think Vermette was very valuable on Ottawa. I was never too impressed by what I had seen from him. I understand that Vermette is younger, but during this same trade deadline Nik Antropov only garnered a 2nd and conditional pick. Given my choice of centres I would probably have chosen the latter. It pains me to choose a leaf, esp since I like a lot of Ottawa's team. All my post was supposed to say is "I don't think Vermette is very good."
Vermette and Antropov are similarly talented players, but Antropov got much better ice time on a team that didn't have as much depth. So he got to pad his stats, in a role that he wouldn't play on the majority of teams in the NHL.

Did you ever think that CLB and OTT agreed to a trade for this summer, but CLB pushed for the deal to be done now... so CLB ended up paying the rental price (2nd rounder) because Leclaire wasn't playing?

Quote:
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Cunney View Post
He is but even if he doesn't land one it won't be a big factor. The D has come back around since Clouston took over and is looking more and more like the solid d'core we had before.

Even if the D stays the exact same next year (Lee/Campolli will both be better most likely and Karlson may make the jump) it is still a better d'core than Leclaire had in front of him when he posted his 9 shutouts, so that point the previous poster made is irrelevant.
Exactly

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 09:25 AM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Given that Vermette had an absolutely fantastic performance tonight against the Bruins, I don't think there was much robbery after all.
This might be the only trade that I actually want both sides to win. Vermette is a great piece to have, Leclaire should be good, I can only see benefits to both teams.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 09:29 AM
umma gumma

Quote:

June 24, 2000: Bryan Murray traded Mark Parrish and Oleg Kvasha to the New York Islanders for Olli Jokinen and Roberto Luongo.

The same guy traded for a top 10 drafted goalie, both were the highest goalies drafted for their year, and both were made expendable because the team they left had a another promising goalkeeper in the system.

Ottawa wins this trade.

umma gumma is offline   Reply With Quote