O'Sullivan wins three in Coaches' Poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-12-2004, 07:50 PM
ceber

vCash: 500
O'Sullivan wins three in Coaches' Poll

http://www.oursportscentral.com/serv...63&l_id=&t_id=

Most Dangerous in the Goal Area, Best Shot, and Best Stickhandler.

Old
03-12-2004, 09:04 PM
GaborikRules10!!!

Awsome, Wat to go Patrick.

Im really looking forward to seeing this kid slip on a Wild Jersey, hopefully next season(If there is one). Does everyone think he will make the team next season? I would think hes got a pretty good chance.

Old
03-12-2004, 09:54 PM
DW

It's all upto O'Sullivan. If he can come in with the right frame of mind and perform well defensively, he has a real shot at making the team along with Koivu. I really don't think he has to perform well defensively, but rather show that he's willing to try. It would be the first real offensive player we had on the team since Gaborik was first drafted. Lord knows we can really use that kind of skill.

Old
03-12-2004, 10:27 PM
Wild Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW
It's all upto O'Sullivan. If he can come in with the right frame of mind and perform well defensively, he has a real shot at making the team along with Koivu. I really don't think he has to perform well defensively, but rather show that he's willing to try. It would be the first real offensive player we had on the team since Gaborik was first drafted. Lord knows we can really use that kind of skill.
Totally, if he shows the willingness to learn to play D, I'm sure he would be given a shot, or at least a longer look. His skill on this team would be a sight for sore eyes...

Old
03-13-2004, 12:51 PM
Surly Furious

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW
It would be the first real offensive player we had on the team since Gaborik was first drafted. Lord knows we can really use that kind of skill.
Don't you think PM Bouchard fits this category as well? He has some amazing skills as well, if only he's make use of them.

Old
03-13-2004, 10:00 PM
DW

I was talking more about goal scoring then overall passing and playmaking skills. I'm not sure PMB will ever live up to expectations. (I don't think he'll be a bust.) He's so slight of frame that he becomes invisible at times. He's also 19 and it's still very early.

Old
03-14-2004, 12:04 AM
Fedz

Hes so raw, that I doubt it. He'll definetely play for Houston next year. I wouldnt be surprised if he does crack the lineup though.

Old
03-14-2004, 10:01 AM
DougKnowsBest

I think it is worth pointing out that on the cbj board we cry out all day for players with defense skill, we have got the offense. you guys on the other hand are the exact oppisite. should be interesting to see what different directions the teams take.

Old
03-27-2004, 10:28 AM
glenjackson

O'Sullivan's game last night

I saw O'Sullivan play last night in the fifth game of the Ice Dogs-Generals first round playoff series.

Last month on this board I mentioned that he seemed to play okay until the third and then he'd play great (in the games I've seen). But in this game he was fantastic from his first shift. I didn't see him have a single poor shift the entire game. When he was on his line (he was double shifted much of the game) was almost always controlling play in the offensive end and he made five or six great setups for his linemates during the game. He even setup Chris Bain (a figther / tough guy) for a goal!

He had a goal on a nice play by he and his linemates that made it a simple tap in into an empty net, but he also hit the crossbar on another play that would have been quite amazing had the shot been a few inches lower.

Anyhow, here is the box score for any of you are that are interested. I've said that he seems to play better in more important games and situations (and this was a pivotal game in the series which put the Dogs up 3-2 in the best of seven) and if that is what he is capable of I can see him having some impact with the Wild next year (if they give him a shot). Not to take anything away from the other good players on the ice, but it almost looked unfair for the Ice Dogs to have him out there last night as he deaked and weaved around opponents with ease.

Closed Thread