HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Jokinen, 3rd rounder to Calgary for Lombardi, Prust, 1st rounder

Old
03-04-2009, 12:34 PM
WJF

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
The Yotes give up a 3rd and Calgary has the option of 09 or 10? What the ****?! This was a straight up salary dump!
Lets see what Maloney gets for Morris, if good, it may balance out this crap

WJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 12:35 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

vCash: 500
the thing is we didn't HAVE to trade olli, he wasn't a rental. That should have given us better bargoning power. Anyone that things JVR is moving today is laughable.

TeamTippett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 12:36 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

So, now that Prust has arrived, who's time has come to an end in Phoenix? Carcillo or Fedoruk? I can't imagine anyone taking that god awful, ridiculous contract Fedoruk got from us last summer(jesus, was that a stupid, stupid, stupid signing), so maybe Danny is a goner? I can see the organization getting sick of his letting his emotions trump the team's interests.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 12:37 PM
TJinAZ

Salary dump?

How much lower can we go and not go below the floor?

Subtract Morris and Olli and we are out nearly 8m, they were two of our highest paid players. Off the top of my head Doan is at 4.5 and Jovo at 6.5 are we going to hit 38m total?

Bottom line is Olli didn't work out and DM got what he could. Sutter worked him but it must have been the best deal.

Other side is how will Olli play in Calgary? He tanked last season in FLA and this last season for us. If he underperforms I will feel better. If he is the piece that wins the Cup for Calgary I will be pissed.

TJinAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 12:41 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Calgary having the option on the first really pisses me off. Could be the difference between being able to trade up a couple of spots in the draft or not.

Old
MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
So, now that Prust has arrived, who's time has come to an end in Phoenix? Carcillo or Fedoruk? I can't imagine anyone taking that god awful, ridiculous contract Fedoruk got from us last summer(jesus, was that a stupid, stupid, stupid signing), so maybe Danny is a goner? I can see the organization getting sick of his letting his emotions trump the team's interests.
Carcillo would have more trade value, for sure. I don't know what his deal is, but with the right coach, he might be able to get his act together and be effective as an agitator with an average scoring capacity--between 10 and 20 goals seems reasonable, if he screws his head on straight. If there's a coach out there who can help him with that, I don't know--but I do know that Wayne was never and will never be the one to do it.

MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
zyllyx
STH Hipster

Quote:
Considering that Carcillo is a fan favorite I doubt either of those guys are going anywhere.

Don's going to have to make a major deal for Morris in order to salvage his rep, IMO.

zyllyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 12:43 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Calgary having the option on the first really pisses me off. Could be the difference between being able to trade up a couple of spots in the draft or not.
It can be traded either way.

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 12:47 PM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
It can be traded either way.
Yes, and Maloney can kick in a '10 4th to make up for the uncertainty.

Alberta Yote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 12:51 PM
WJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyllyx View Post
Considering that Carcillo is a fan favorite I doubt either of those guys are going anywhere.

Don's going to have to make a major deal for Morris in order to salvage his rep, IMO.
Look at the crap that COL got for Leopold though

Old
03-04-2009, 12:51 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyllyx View Post

Okay. So, we're to carry all three? None have two-way deals. Prust and Fedoruk have broken faces. Carcillo is a loose cannon. Prust can't play a regular shift. Fedoruk does play a regular shift, but really, really, really, really, really, shouldn't.

I really would've liked this deal a whole lot more if we could've told them to keep Prust, and take Fedoruk.

Old
03-04-2009, 12:52 PM
WJF

Quote:
Okay. So, we're to carry all three? None have two-way deals. Prust and Fedoruk have broken faces. Carcillo is a loose cannon. Prust can't play a regular shift. Fedoruk does play a regular shift, but really, really, really, really, really, shouldn't.

I really would've liked this deal a whole lot more if we could've told them to keep Prust, and take Fedoruk.
...and Hale

Old
03-04-2009, 12:54 PM
SuperDave21
Hockey Paradise

Quote:

Yea that would've made me less ticked off!

SuperDave21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 12:54 PM
MP

It's going to be a while before I get over this trade.

Does anyone hear that? A cruel braying in the distance, shrill, grating on the ears, a cacophony like unto a pack of hyenas gloating over a gazelle, freshly slain, its breast open and steaming upon the tawny Serengeti. Hear it?

I'll leave it to you to discern the source, but I'll give you a hint: the vile sound springs from a cursed city in the Florida wastes...

MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 12:56 PM
PhoPhan

I maintain that the positives of this trade aren't as tangible and urge everyone to be a little patient.

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 12:59 PM
debil

Lombardi is fast and responsible defensively (+12, among the best in flames team). I am not that excited about this trade as other flames fans are. Lombardi+1st is good package. Oli Jokinen is capable of 90pints per season. On the other hand he's not a winner and a leader of those teams he played for.

debil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 01:01 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I'm happy to have Lombardi aboard. I think he's a good fit between Doan and Mueller. Unfortunately, we are left without a first line center. Honestly Lombardi is more like a third line center. I would say Hanzal is too. So, no first or second line center, two third line centers, and a Kyle Turris. It looks like we'll be in worse shape, next season, than we were in this season.

Old
03-04-2009, 01:06 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:
I'm happy to have Lombardi aboard. I think he's a good fit between Doan and Mueller. Unfortunately, we are left without a first line center. Honestly Lombardi is more like a third line center. I would say Hanzal is too. So, no first or second line center, two third line centers, and a Kyle Turris. It looks like we'll be in worse shape, next season, than we were in this season.
look maybe their are bigger plans. Calgary does wonderful thinsg without a bonified #1 center. We seem to have managed for years without a #1 center Jokinin was supposed to be that guy...PLEASE NEW OWNERS!!!!!!!!! MOYES has wrecked this team.

TeamTippett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 01:07 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Get Rhino resigned

mouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 01:07 PM
zyllyx
STH Hipster

Quote:
I maintain that the positives of this trade aren't as tangible and urge everyone to be a little patient.
It'll have to be a whole assload of delayed gratification to make up for the way the Flames just burnt us.

Old
03-04-2009, 01:13 PM
hao chi

Quote:
I agree with you. We get a possible cancer out of the locker room, a 1st we can keep or trade to move up in the draft, another defensively responsible center that can PK and win faceoffs, and Turris can finally get more minutes.

Overall I'm happy with this.

hao chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 01:14 PM
ParisSaintGermain

I guess the hope is that it is an addition by substraction. The deal sucks, but I like Lombardi. It is good to have somebody good at face off, but lets face it, this is a need we created ourselves with an ill-conceived team from the outset.

It is going to be painful to see Jokinen going a point per game from now on though. But this trade probably shows that we were desperate to get rid of him. wow.

ParisSaintGermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 01:14 PM
WJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouser View Post
Get Rhino resigned
Oh God, more Rhino? What have we done with him? What has he done here? We're just lucky he's been more or less healthy the last 2 years

Old
03-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs

ugh fellas...just got out of my meetings to find out Olli is gone. Well, if we're in a race for the bottom GMDM did a great job A+ move.

Sindiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 01:25 PM
zyllyx
STH Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxHunter View Post
ugh fellas...just got out of my meetings to find out Olli is gone. Well, if we're in a race for the bottom GMDM did a great job A+ move.
Let's not kid ourselves - we were in a free-fall to the basement with Olli; at least now we can land there playing guys who need the minutes he was wasting.