HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Los Angeles Kings - All Time Team?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-22-2014, 03:15 PM
  #1
Eye of Ra
Mr.Negativo
 
Eye of Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 7,189
vCash: 500
Los Angeles Kings - All Time Team?

Just for fun:

Luc Robitaille - Wayne Gretzky - Dave Taylor
Charlie Simmer - Marcel Dionne - Jim Fox
Jari Kurri - Bernie Nicholls - Zigmund Pálffy
Dustin Brown - Anze Kopitar - Tomas Sandstrom

Rob Blake - Steve Duchesne
Larry Murphy - Drew Doughty
Mark Hardy - Marty McSorley

Kelly Hrudey
Jonathan Quick
Felix Potvin



(All in their prime)


How would this team do in todays NHL?

"How can you have him with ..." and "Why do you not pick ..." I look forward to a scary aha experience of having missed the big names that should have been included.

Feel free to make your own all-time team....

Eye of Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2014, 03:39 PM
  #2
Moses Doughty
Long term bandwagons
 
Moses Doughty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Drewbacca
Country: United States
Posts: 8,377
vCash: 500
Quick would have to the starting goalie, then Vachon as his backup and Hrudey as the 3. Potvin and Lessard behind them.

For forwards I'd move Kurri to 1RW to put him with Wayne, move Fox to 3 and Taylor to 2 just for the fun of the Triple Crown Line, plus Kurri was a better player.

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2014, 03:53 PM
  #3
Scottkmlps
Registered User
 
Scottkmlps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ladysmith, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatOne View Post
Just for fun:

Luc Robitaille - Wayne Gretzky - Dave Taylor
Charlie Simmer - Marcel Dionne - Jim Fox
Jari Kurri - Bernie Nicholls - Zigmund Pálffy
Dustin Brown - Anze Kopitar - Tomas Sandstrom

Rob Blake - Steve Duchesne
Larry Murphy - Drew Doughty
Mark Hardy - Marty McSorley

Kelly Hrudey
Jonathan Quick
Felix Potvin



(All in their prime)


How would this team do in todays NHL?

"How can you have him with ..." and "Why do you not pick ..." I look forward to a scary aha experience of having missed the big names that should have been included.

Feel free to make your own all-time team....
Hrudey over Quick and Vachon? Tsk, tsk. Hrudey would be the stick boy with those 2 guys in front of him.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2014, 04:00 PM
  #4
Reclamation Project
GFY
 
Reclamation Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 32,346
vCash: 500
How would they do? They'd start strong, have a long rough patch, acquire a stud scorer, make the playoffs in the last few games, and then win a Cup.

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2014, 04:02 PM
  #5
Scottkmlps
Registered User
 
Scottkmlps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ladysmith, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
How would they do? They'd start strong, have a long rough patch, acquire a stud scorer, make the playoffs in the last few games, and then win a Cup.
Lol.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2014, 04:31 PM
  #6
kenito7
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: California
Posts: 124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Doughty View Post
Quick would have to the starting goalie, then Vachon as his backup and Hrudey as the 3. Potvin and Lessard behind them.

For forwards I'd move Kurri to 1RW to put him with Wayne, move Fox to 3 and Taylor to 2 just for the fun of the Triple Crown Line, plus Kurri was a better player.
Kurri was not nearly as good as Taylor with the Kings. I would take Jay Wells any day over Mark Hardy or Marty Mcsorley.

kenito7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2014, 05:03 PM
  #7
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character
 
HYORI 1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,444
vCash: 50
Why the **** not?

Robitaille-Gretzky-Palffy
Simmer-Dionne-Taylor
Brown-Kopi-JW
Sandstrom-Nicholls-Foxy

Goring/Carter

Doughty-Nordstrom
Blake-Duschene
Murphy-Wells

Zhitnik

Quick/Vachon


Last edited by HYORI 1963: 06-22-2014 at 05:19 PM.
HYORI 1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2014, 05:21 PM
  #8
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,987
vCash: 500
Foxy really doesn't belong on any all time team of ours. He was good but nothing special. I mean there have been at least 6 better than him. I was really surprised to see him listed.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2014, 05:26 PM
  #9
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character
 
HYORI 1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,444
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Foxy really doesn't belong on any all time team of ours. He was good but nothing special. I mean there have been at least 6 better than him. I was really surprised to see him listed.
I know what you're saying, but it's tough to argue with all those points he scored. Plus, he was a pretty responsible on his own end as well.

HYORI 1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2014, 05:35 PM
  #10
onlyalad
Registered User
 
onlyalad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,063
vCash: 50
Need some Dave the hammer Shultz
Too many Lady Bing candidates

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2014, 05:50 PM
  #11
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 32,505
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyalad View Post
Need some Dave the hammer Shultz
Too many Lady Bing candidates
Nah, rather have Tiger in there than Schultz.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2014, 05:57 PM
  #12
Moses Doughty
Long term bandwagons
 
Moses Doughty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Drewbacca
Country: United States
Posts: 8,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenito7 View Post
Kurri was not nearly as good as Taylor with the Kings. I would take Jay Wells any day over Mark Hardy or Marty Mcsorley.
It was more to put Taylor with Simmer and Dionne, not that Kurri was better with LA. Always need to keep them together.

Looking at it does Goring deserve more consideration for an all time roster?

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2014, 05:59 PM
  #13
kenito7
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: California
Posts: 124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black1963 View Post
Why the **** not?

Robitaille-Gretzky-Palffy
Simmer-Dionne-Taylor
Brown-Kopi-JW
Sandstrom-Nicholls-Foxy

Goring/Carter

Doughty-Nordstrom
Blake-Duschene
Murphy-Wells

Zhitnik

Quick/Vachon
Carter for Fox and Vachon before Quick. Otherwise hard to better than you.

kenito7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2014, 06:01 PM
  #14
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black1963 View Post
I know what you're saying, but it's tough to argue with all those points he scored. Plus, he was a pretty responsible on his own end as well.
The points were there but everyone was scoring bunches back then. We went like 3 years without being shut out (number of years) and while Fox could pop em in he was just sort of there. Not bad but not worthy of an all time team. I don't know I guess it is in the eye of the beholder sort of. None of us were really all too great in our own end back then but that wasn't really the style of play either.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2014, 06:09 PM
  #15
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character
 
HYORI 1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,444
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
The points were there but everyone was scoring bunches back then. We went like 3 years without being shut out (number of years) and while Fox could pop em in he was just sort of there. Not bad but not worthy of an all time team. I don't know I guess it is in the eye of the beholder sort of. None of us were really all too great in our own end back then but that wasn't really the style of play either.
Yeah, I also factored in the years he played in a kings uni. Believe me, if I didn't factor in the years, I'd have Carter, Deader and Kurri ahead of Foxy.

HYORI 1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2014, 11:59 PM
  #16
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry
 
Rorschach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 8,800
vCash: 500
I think a healthy team of 2012-2014'ers would match up nicely against a Gretkzy-led all time team minus the Cup winners.

Rorschach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 12:53 AM
  #17
apadilla
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,155
vCash: 500
going way back in time, to remember some old time kings,

Simmer Dionne Taylor
Robitaille Gretzky Nicholls
Berry Goring Fox
Maloney Kopitar Brown

Doughty Sargent
Murphy Hutchinson
Blake Lewis

Quick
Vachon

Maloney and Hutchinson applied the needed mustard,


Last edited by apadilla: 06-23-2014 at 08:55 AM. Reason: jeese, how'd i forget about LUC?
apadilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 01:56 AM
  #18
TheSentinel
Registered User
 
TheSentinel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: WhereTheKingsReign
Country: United States
Posts: 3,826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
How would they do? They'd start strong, have a long rough patch, acquire a stud scorer, make the playoffs in the last few games, and then win a Cup.
This^ 1.00e50

TheSentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 02:10 PM
  #19
T308
HFBoards Sponsor
 
T308's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 128
vCash: 500
I'll bite...

Granato - Gretz - Kurri
Simmer - Dionne - Taylor
Luc - Goring - Ziggy
Berry - Kopi - Nevin

Robinson - Harper
Nordstrom - DD
Lubo - Murphy

Quick
Rogie

T308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.