HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

[NYR/TOR] Antropov to Rangers for 2nd + conditional 2010 pick

Old
03-05-2009, 11:27 AM
Jack Bauer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Or maybe he will click with better players like Gomez, Naslund , Zherdev, Drury, Dubinsky............who did he play with on the Leafs

This is Antropov's chance to show what he has
Maybe he will.

I'm predicting he will not. Too much going on in NY for that team to gel and be successful if you ask me.

Jack Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 11:29 AM
Jack Bauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post
Some leaf fans would have still tried to find a way to convince people that his negotiation rights are worth a 1st. (think Hartnell+Timonen, Malone, etc).
How dare people use precedent to try and prove a point that nobody will ever know for sure if it could of happened or not. Gotta love Leaf fans getting cut up for what they WOULD of said in 3 months

Jack Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 11:46 AM
Flapjack*

Flapjack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 11:57 AM
zeke
#freewilly

One of Gomez or Drury is a very lucky man.

They're getting a winger who is so good territorially that he makes life so damn easy for his centremen.....see Stajan this year, and see Sundin without him this year.

Watch his centreman suddenly start producing with him on their wing.

Tortorella got to see plenty of Antropov up close in his new job this year - he knows what he's getting, and he likes what he's getting.

Antropov will likely have as big an impact as any player moved at this deadline.

zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 11:58 AM
grabo84

Stop posting Flapjack, you're only embarrassing yourself with your lame card game jokes.

Anyways, I think the Rangers got a pretty good deal. I thought the whole market would be better at the deadline - my prediction for Guerin was 2nd + mid/low prospect, which wasn't even close. So I think my mistake was more in misjudging the market than overrating Antropov.

I hope he lights it up for the Rangers, I could see him really clicking on the powerplay.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 12:16 PM
FruityPants3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhyZa View Post
Thehomelessguy for all his witty rejoinders is clueless. He compares Vermette's return with Antropov. Take a look at the contracts Einstein.
Actually, that was the Comrie deal. Who is clueless?

FruityPants3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 12:18 PM
FruityPants3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Army View Post
Again I don't see what's so funny. At least two of the people you quoted aren't even Leaf fans.

I don't think anyone's disputing the fact that many Leaf fans were hoping for a 1st for Nik Antropov. That's only natural. Any other fanbase would have done the same. But to say that the majority were expecting a 1st and a prospect is absolutely not true.

The quotes you provided only confirm that.
Did I say majority? I was simply highlighting some of the comments include some of the most obnoxious who for months told us we were stupid suggesting he wasn't getting a first rounder. If you aren't in that group, you have nothing to be offended by.

FruityPants3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 12:19 PM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
Stop posting Flapjack, you're only embarrassing yourself with your lame card game jokes.

Anyways, I think the Rangers got a pretty good deal. I thought the whole market would be better at the deadline - my prediction for Guerin was 2nd + mid/low prospect, which wasn't even close. So I think my mistake was more in misjudging the market than overrating Antropov.

I hope he lights it up for the Rangers, I could see him really clicking on the powerplay.
I agree, it was a decent deal for the Rangers. Unfortunately, for Toronto, it seems like all these GM's are holding on to picks and prospects because they're all scared out of the minds with the Cap dropping in the 2010/2011 season.

Brooklyndevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 12:59 PM
drew1234

Only one first was moved this year and that was for Jokinen.. Its a good draft this year. Seems as no one is willing to give up firsts this year like they have in the past.

But in response to C-A-P-S: you are right antropov only went for a 2nd + 4th at worse similiar to your 2nd + mid tier prospect. But you were wrong on Erik Cole. On 02-13-2009, 03:00 AM you posted saying Cole for maybe a 2nd or 3rd rounder cuz hes a UFA and hefty price. Well he went for O'Sullivan + 2nd. You are way off!!

You see, you dont even know what the values of players are..

Leaf fans were very close to a 1st rd pick getting in return aka a 2nd + 4th .. you may be able to use the 4th to move up to the beginning of the 2nd potentially. if its a third definately has a good chance maybe even the end of the first round. So its not bad on how close the fans were. Sure there are some crazy ones that go off and ask for beach + chi 1st lol. But some fans wanting a 1st almost got it.. Getting a 2nd rd pick for moore was unbelievable? Did you predict that one? nope.

drew1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 01:07 PM
SkullSplitter

Who wants to give up their 1st when the cap is going to plummet? That 1st will be an affordable roster player with skill.

SkullSplitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 01:38 PM
jniklast

for the record: the leafs only get a 4th in 2010 if the rangers reach the ECF, so the title should be changed:
http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/ho..._nassau_a.html

jniklast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 06:46 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Changed the title and the conditions information.

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 09:50 PM
Leaf Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bauer View Post
How dare people use precedent to try and prove a point that nobody will ever know for sure if it could of happened or not. Gotta love Leaf fans getting cut up for what they WOULD of said in 3 months
That's HF for you.

The people trashing Leaf fans are probably the same ones who used to call us homers if we had the nerve to say Nik Antropov was comparable to Mark Bell. Or all those "objective" fans who would swear that Brent Sopel was better than Tomas Kaberle or that Patrick Lalime was equal to Ed Belfour.

It will only be a matter of days before people start talking about how much Antropov has "improved" since joining the Rangers.

Leaf Army is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 05:17 AM
VIRUS227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier View Post
NYR goes in a matter of a day from very limited talented size up front (Voros) to talented size up front. And that size will matter in the postseason, should they get there. See a nice fit here.

Burke, despite his critics here , is a solid GM with his name engraved on the Cup. The Leafs are in good hands, and this deal is solid for them.
Burke is overrated!
Ducks have 68 points- Leafs have 65 points- need I say more?

VIRUS227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 09:21 AM
syc

Quote:
That's HF for you.

The people trashing Leaf fans are probably the same ones who used to call us homers if we had the nerve to say Nik Antropov was comparable to Mark Bell. Or all those "objective" fans who would swear that Brent Sopel was better than Tomas Kaberle or that Patrick Lalime was equal to Ed Belfour.

It will only be a matter of days before people start talking about how much Antropov has "improved" since joining the Rangers.
Don't forget the Reddens better then Kaberle crowd.

syc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:38 AM
Pure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bauer View Post
Some leaf fans deserve it, others don't.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:43 AM
Nizdizzle
The Shanaplan.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Some leaf fans deserve it, others don't.
No leafs fans deserve the crap the trolls here spew. There are countless people that go out of their way just to trash Leaf fans on a board and add nothing of value to the thread.

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:44 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew1234 View Post
Only one first was moved this year and that was for Jokinen.. Its a good draft this year. Seems as no one is willing to give up firsts this year like they have in the past.
It may not be a first this year...It is up to Calgary whether the first goes to Phoenix for the 2009 draft or for 2010. Hopefully it is for 2009 but considering the depth of this draft, I highly doubt Calgary will pass it to the Yotes for this season.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:47 AM
Pure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
No leafs fans deserve the crap the trolls here spew. There are countless people that go out of their way just to trash Leaf fans on a board and add nothing of value to the thread.
There are also a countless number of stupid thread created by "some" leaf fans. Its only natural for some people to feel vindicated. Anyways, most people here only gave a big "I told you so." Nothing to get worked up over, sheesh.

Old
03-07-2009, 12:35 PM
Leaf Army

Quote:
There are also a countless number of stupid thread created by "some" leaf fans. Its only natural for some people to feel vindicated. Anyways, most people here only gave a big "I told you so." Nothing to get worked up over, sheesh.
I told you so? No need to center out Leaf fans in anyway whatsoever.

Any fanbase that had Nik Antropov on their team would have been hoping for a 1st rounder in return. While it didn't happen, it was not unreasonable to think it could have happened.

To pretend otherwise is ridiculous.

Old
03-07-2009, 01:09 PM
Pure

Quote:
I told you so? No need to center out Leaf fans in anyway whatsoever.

Any fanbase that had Nik Antropov on their team would have been hoping for a 1st rounder in return. While it didn't happen, it was not unreasonable to think it could have happened.
1.)Brian Burke said it himself on TSN that getting a first round pick was unrealistic.
2.)But it didn't happen. It went exactly what a lot of non leaf fans were saying. Ifs and maybes don't matter whether someone was right or wrong. Is saying "I told you so" to some annoying leaf fans the most mature thing to do? definitely not, but its not a big deal whatsoever. No need to get so defensive about it, admitting wrong judgment is not a stupid thing to do at all. Claiming "ifs and maybes" make your judgment any less wrong is ridiculous. Claiming "well other fanbases would do the same" is also just as ridiculous. I thought Leopold would have gotten a first, I was wrong, no big deal.

Old
03-07-2009, 01:35 PM
Leaf Army

Quote:
1.)Brian Burke said it himself on TSN that getting a first round pick was unrealistic.
Brian Burke also said that he was initially asking for, and hoping to get, a first round pick.

Quote:
2.)But it didn't happen. It went exactly what a lot of non leaf fans were saying. Ifs and maybes don't matter whether someone was right or wrong. Is saying "I told you so" to some annoying leaf fans the most mature thing to do?
There's nothing wrong with saying "I told you so". If you're right about something you've earned the right to gloat.

But it's not okay to create the myth that the majority of Leaf fans were expecting a 1st round pick plus a prospect to try and make Leaf fans look like idiots.

Old
03-07-2009, 02:06 PM
My Sweet Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
for the record: the leafs only get a 4th in 2010 if the rangers reach the ECF, so the title should be changed:
http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/ho..._nassau_a.html
Well that was a waste of a conditional pick. The Rangers have a good chance of not even making the post season, let alone knocking two of the top teams out.

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 02:09 PM
My Sweet Shadow

Quote:
Brian Burke also said that he was initially asking for, and hoping to get, a first round pick.
Yes, he said that at that point in the season, if any team came up to him and offered a 1st for Antropov, then done deal. No questions asked.

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 02:10 PM
Macke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Sweet Shadow View Post
Well that was a waste of a conditional pick. The Rangers have a good chance of not even making the post season, let alone knocking two of the top teams out.
They are also only 2 points out of 4th.

=/

Macke* is offline   Reply With Quote