HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Upshall-Carcillo Discussion; UPDATE (post #862) McLaren trade is nullified

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2009, 01:31 AM
Mr Oysterhead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
Dunno if it has been posted yet:

That almost made me cry a little.

Old
03-05-2009, 01:32 AM
Miss Mess

Quote:

Poor ****ing guy.
I want to give him a hug.

Old
03-05-2009, 01:32 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 670
Quote:

Reminds me when Peter Zezel was traded.

Old
03-05-2009, 01:33 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Upshall will always be a flyer in my eyes.

Its ****ed up that we traded him away.

Old
03-05-2009, 01:34 AM
Philadelphia Flames

Judging by that video, he would have probably taken a discount to stay in Philly. The trade might not really affect the team's performance, but it still is a bad trade.

Old
03-05-2009, 01:35 AM
PhilaFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
I know everyone is upset to see Scottie go but Jesus Christ people are acting like their mom just died.
This.

Old
03-05-2009, 01:36 AM
flyersguy33*

Quote:

Watching that video pisses me off. Scottie was the ****ing man. He would give 110% every night. He knew he wasn't going to score a ton of goals so he made up for it. He left everything he had on the ice night in and night out. I am going to miss him. I hope we get him back someway somehow.

Gonna miss ya Scottie

Old
03-05-2009, 01:36 AM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerubeBox View Post
Dude you're just being silly now. What if someone took that literally? Worse than Downie "could ever hope to be"? Downie could easily land his ass in jail any night he plays a hockey game. Carcillo has played 111 games in 2 years. Hope you're being sarcastic and I'm the dummy.
Agreed. I would hold off on calling Carcillo "worse than Downie" until he whacks a linesman with his stick.

Old
03-05-2009, 01:37 AM
PhilaFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilaFlyers View Post
Judging by that video, he would have probably taken a discount to stay in Philly. The trade might not really affect the team's performance, but it still is a bad trade.
How the hell could you tell from that video that he would take a discount?

Old
03-05-2009, 01:38 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilaFlyers View Post
The 2nd round pick is what pisses me off. Serious overpayment for Carcillo. Even though Upshall is not a flyers anymore and he leaves his close friends those guys will still be cool. I just hate to see a hard working blue collar guy get shafted when you have lazy ****s like Antropov and Lupul getting paid millions of more than him.

Old
03-05-2009, 01:40 AM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers View Post
How the hell could you tell from that video that he would take a discount?
The dude was nearly in tears. He loved all of the young guys here.

Old
03-05-2009, 01:40 AM
Clown Baby

Quote:
Dude go out and have a drink or smoke a fat j.

You are seriously overreacting.
Upshall's his favorite player. He's entitled to be pissed off.

Old
03-05-2009, 01:43 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
Also very true.

- Carcillo does take a lot of stupid penalties and has 3 goals on the season
- The Flyers’ close-knit chemistry has been shaken and they have lost considerable depth in the last week
- The Flyers overpaid for Carcillo
also true, more then likely Carcillo may not get a fair shake with some of the fans around here. Hes gonna take one bad penalty and that will be it.

Old
03-05-2009, 01:45 AM
Tender Rip
Learning from Scuds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
He's going to be a nightmare for the Pens to play against. I couldn't imagine him being any fun to play in any way, shape or form. I don't know if he hated it in Pittsburgh, but it'd be safe to assume he'd want to put on a show against the team that traded him.
A nightmare in the same way Downie was in the playoffs last year I think

Seriously, what the **** was that about? Upshall is a much better player, not nearly the tool Carcillo is AND the 2nd? Really?

I get that Holmgreen wanted to get tougher and all, but the price paid seems really horrific in my view.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 03-05-2009 at 01:59 AM.
Old
Miss Mess

Seriously. It's okay to vent here. We all grow attached to our favorite players, sue them if they are upset!

Old
DickTony

I'm going to miss the **** out of Scottie. Always gave his all on the ice, provided a lot of energy and crowd pleasing moments. i hope he does well, i'll be rooting for him the way i root for brindy, j williams, boosh, and the like

Old
03-05-2009, 01:47 AM
PhilaFlyers

We're still in 4th place in the East. We're most likely gonna make the playoffs and its not because of Scottie Upshall. He was a good player but I mean some people need to calm down about this trade.

Old
03-05-2009, 01:49 AM
phlocky

Hmm, seems like I was right.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=598156&page=7

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky
The Flyers won't be making any major roster moves this season at the traded deadline like it or not. It messes up the team chemestry and teams rarely do it because history shows that this kind of shakeup rarely results in playoff success. We need to shed some salary to get back under the cap limit once Briere is ready but don't expect us to move anyone like Lupul, Jones or Knuble. EVERYONE in the media wants to move them but I'd bet a months salary that Homer doesn't go that route. Look for him to waive Alberts and Metro and send down others to get us under the cap.

All that said, the only move I see us possibly making is something centered around Upshall. Sorry guys, I know he's a favorite around here becasue of his energy but he's just not "necessary". His roster spot can be filled by one of the speedy guys we have on the Phantoms at a savings of 500k or more. We might be able to add someone like Witt or Sutton but more likely someone who ISN'T on the books for next season. At best I see us making a "little" move and that's about it.

Old
03-05-2009, 01:51 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Mess View Post
Seriously. It's okay to vent here. We all grow attached to our favorite players, sue them if they are upset!
Its okay to vent but its getting pathetic. This is a business people. **** happens. Was i pissed when my favorite player Tocchet left the flyers??? Hell yeah. But i got over it.

Old
03-05-2009, 01:51 AM
DUHockey9

Man that video is tough to watch.

Old
03-05-2009, 01:54 AM
Totally Radivojevic

I got on the computer around 3:30 and went down yahoo sports' trade tracker, reading each trade left to right.

I get to:

To Philly: Daniel Carcillo

I let out a "yes!"

my eyes move to the right:

To Phoenix: Scottie Upshall

"no!"

Don't like seeing Upshall go, but I'm excited to have Carcillo. Oh, and it appears Paul Holmgren values 2nd round picks about as much as John Stevens valued Steve Downie.

Old
03-05-2009, 01:56 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1llua View Post
None. They've only played in one game against each other, where Avery just kind of skated away and let Ott fight his battles for him.

The only other time they could have played in the same game, Avery was hurt.

You guys will love Carcillo. I don't think there's a more perfect team for him to play for.

Any more info on Upshall you guys can give?
Upshall is an energy guy and very well-liked, on the team and within these boards. Scored a big goal at Boston earlier this week. Played both wing positions, was on third line most recently. Had wrist and ankle injuries last season, the flu bug this season (as did many of his team mates).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGAtk...615785&page=15

Old
03-05-2009, 01:58 AM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

Quote:
Its okay to vent but its getting pathetic. This is a business people. **** happens. Was i pissed when my favorite player Tocchet left the flyers??? Hell yeah. But i got over it.
And obviously people will get over it. But it's not like this trade happened two weeks ago. It'll take some time.

Old
03-05-2009, 02:00 AM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Oysterhead View Post
That almost made me cry a little.
Me too.

Gonna miss that little guy.

Old
03-05-2009, 02:01 AM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers View Post
We're still in 4th place in the East. We're most likely gonna make the playoffs and its not because of Scottie Upshall. He was a good player but I mean some people need to calm down about this trade.
You're missing the point. The Flyers did not get better today. That's always the goal of a trade, and you better damn well make sure you're getting better when you're dealing a player like Upshall.

I'm sick and ****ing tired of hearing everyone say he was a dime-a-dozen, third line energy guy who is easily replaceable. He's not-- it's as simple as that. The locker room loved him, the fans loved him, and he, much, much more than Daniel Carcillo, personified Flyers hockey. He didn't put up offense, this is very true.

But it doesn't matter. When a guy like that, who busts his ass out every shift, who would take a bullet for anyone wearing the same jersey, is on your team, you damn well better make it a point to keep him around. "Dime a dozen" players like Scottie Upshall shouldn't be replaced because he meant something to the players on the team and this fan base. That makes him anything but dime a dozen.

And aside from all that, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU who are saying we're over reacting to this oughta be pissed off at the absolutely disgusting asset management executed by Holmgren. I'm not giving him any mulligan. He hasn't been "sparkling" since his first couple months. He's proven time and time again he can't manage money or own up to mistakes, and that's the kind of ******** he oughta be reprimanded for. He's a GM of one of the best franchises in hockey and I don't have the patience to sit through his **** ups. Not in the manner he's been pulling them. I deserve better, and so does every single one of you.

As far as I'm concerned, whether or not I like Dan Carcillo, Paul Holmgren can go **** himself, because he just made it a hell of a lot harder to root for this team.

****ing ********.

Closed Thread