HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Proposed Line Combo Thread

Old
03-04-2009, 11:01 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
Naslund-Gomez-Antropov
Dubinsky-Drury-Zherdev
Avery-Korpikoski-Callahan
Sjostrom-Betts-Orr

Rozsival-Redden
Staal-Girardi
Mara-Morris

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 11:02 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Im actually quite surprised how many of you like these deals
Im surprised at how much you don't. For as much as sather has ****ed us in the ass with his signings, hes made up for it with his trades.

Antropov gives us size on a team that like I said belongs in munchkin land. Not to mention he now is our leading goal scorer. When we can get our leading goal guy for a 2nd +, ill take that any day of the ****in week.

And for those of you whining about loosing Reitz and having 6 NHL ready defenseman...

We got him for DAN FRITCHE. Reitz was in the AHL. Thats what he is, a career AHL'er. He was a good guy but... If he was a career AHLER then why couldnt another one of our AHL players step in and do the same job?

Your making these trades out to be 10x worse then they really are.

Gardner McKay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 11:06 PM
WeWillWinTonight

Naslund-Gomez-Dubinsky
Korpikoski-Antropov-Zherdev
Avery-Drury-Callahan
Sjostrom-Betts-Orr

WeWillWinTonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 11:09 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Its has nothing to do with Reitz!

Its really a must that if you are preparing for a long Stanley Cup Playoff run... and theres every indication that Sather is with the deals he made today... then you should have a minimum of 7 NHL ready defensmen on the squad. Even if Torts rides his top 4. He really should have found a way to get another defensmaen in here on top of Morris, or kept Kalinin - but he had no room. This is a half-ass job, and its all because he mismanaged the cap.

IMO, none of the HFD prospects are prepared to play a playoff game if need be, and there wont be nearly enough time or leeway to get them any experience over the course of the last 18 games. Sure, they can be thrown in the fire but thats really not the proper way to do things...
there was lots of room, not for Kalinin, but for a d-man (or even two) at a modest price who has a touch of experience.

Brian Boyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 11:10 PM
rangers4ever2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Naslund-Gomez-Antropov
Dubinsky-Drury-Zherdev
Sjostrom-Betts-Orr

Rozsival-Redden
Staal-Girardi
Mara-Morris
not that it makes a difference but i think redden-rozsival cause redden is a LH shot and rozi is RH

rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 11:13 PM
ryan41
LETS GO RANGERS

Quote:
Naslund-Gomez-Antropov
Dubinsky-Drury-Zherdev
Sjostrom-Betts-Orr

Rozsival-Redden
Staal-Girardi
Mara-Morris
i like this....antropov can stand directly in front of the goalie so gomez has no choice but to actually shoot towards open net.

ryan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 11:13 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Dubinsky View Post
Im surprised at how much you don't. For as much as sather has ****ed us in the ass with his signings, hes made up for it with his trades.

Antropov gives us size on a team that like I said belongs in munchkin land. Not to mention he now is our leading goal scorer. When we can get our leading goal guy for a 2nd +, ill take that any day of the ****in week.

And for those of you whining about loosing Reitz and having 6 NHL ready defenseman...

We got him for DAN FRITCHE. Reitz was in the AHL. Thats what he is, a career AHL'er. He was a good guy but... If he was a career AHLER then why couldnt another one of our AHL players step in and do the same job?

Your making these trades out to be 10x worse then they really are.
the point is that outside of their top six, there's like 3 games of NHL experience in the system.

Brian Boyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 11:22 PM
Salvage21

Naslund Gomez Antropov
Dubinsky Drury Zherdev
Korpikoski Avery Callahan
Sjostrom Betts Orr

Redden Rozsival
Staal Morris
Mara Girardi

Salvage21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 11:25 PM
lotus

Naslund Gomez Zherdev
Dubinsky Drury Avery
Korpikoski Antropov Callahan
Sjostrom Betts Orr

Top 3 lines are run evenly.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 11:40 PM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

Quote:
Naslund-Gomez-Antropov
Dubinsky-Drury-Zherdev
Sjostrom-Betts-Orr

Rozsival-Redden
Staal-Girardi
Mara-Morris
Exactly what I would like to see. I was calling for Sather to trade for Antropov a couple of weeks ago just to see what a big power forward could do on Gomez's wing. Gomez now has two guys who can score on his wings...exactly what he needs. Second line has a nice blend...third line is all energy/agitation....4th line will never be separated.

Everyone here will be pleased by Morris. I have not heard a Coyotes fan on here utter a bad word about him yet...

Last edited by MugatuNYR: 03-04-2009 at 11:53 PM.
MugatuNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 11:50 PM
Pizza

I'm a bit sad to see these guys go, but something had to give. The team was too small. Gomez, Drury, Callahan, Prucha, Dawes...some size and grit needed to be added. But did we get the right people? Time will tell. I think Torts has as good a chance as any coach to win with the team as now comprised

I would have liked to see a better return for two players I liked as much as Dawes and Prucha. But Dawes seemed to level off a bit in his development this year. Prucha's time just ran out. I think both players will do well in Phoenix. Good for them.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 12:01 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

I must say, this team looks "proper" on paper. By that I mean that people are doing what they were supposed to be doing. We don't have any offensive dmen, but hopefully Sang can do that in about a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke11y96 View Post
Well finally we have players playing in positions they are actually suppose to play!

Considering what was moved today I think it was a job well done, Antropov is a lot better than getting Guerin or Recchi. Would have liked to get in on that O'Sullivan-Cole-Williams trade but oh well.. as for the lines like I said everyone finally playing on lines they should be on and positions.

Naslund-Gomez-Zherdev
-It's what torts has been going with and we'll see although Antro has speed for a big man I don't think he's fast enough for gomer and naslund.

Dubinsky-Drury-Antropov
- Brings someone to work the boards with Dubi and a better finisher to the line. The first line def has the better stick handling and speed, while here the battles along the boards and pucks to the net and that big 6'6 body as well should be a plus.

-They will hit, and hit, and hit...it might not hurt but they will attack all 3 potential 20 goal scores I think, but again loads of energy and not going to be as regularly to score like those top 6 will, but these three definitely will put some points on the board and draw lots of power plays..

Sjostrom-Betts-Orr
- If it aint broke don't fix it, and there's nothing like having two of the better pker's in the game here too.

Redden-Rozsival
-Torts wants the highest paid and best players together thats what he's doing...

Staal-Morris
- Some think Morris goes with Mara I think Morris helps out with Staal, he gives him that edge that Girardi doesn't bring to the pairing, and hopefully Morris's snarl and edge bring out Staal's.

Mara-Girardi
- Mara has just jumped out as a leader and that grittier defenseman, so I think this helps much in the same way Morris will help with Staal.

All these are set as for the actual positions like Redden being a left dman, Rozsival a right and so on same for the forwards. I think for a 18 game plus playoff push were in good shape, besides last time I checked we have Henrik Lundqvist in net

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 12:25 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManicSubsidal15 View Post
Haha I agree, we went from having too many extra 3rd/4th lines to no extras now. I guess in a way thats good since it'd be easier to develop chemistry. I see guys like Anisimov,Potter,Parenteau, and maybe Sangs called up for the playoffs like the Rangers usually do.
Well, Rissmiller is here if they want someone with NHL experience.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 01:00 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Naslund-Gomez-Antropov
Dubinsky-Drury-Zherdev
Sjostrom-Betts-Orr

Rozsival-Redden
Staal-Girardi
Mara-Morris
That right there is perfection.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 02:58 AM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
I want Zherdev and Antropov on the same line

Naslund - Antropov - Zherdev
Dubinsky - Gomez - Drury
Avery - Korpikoski - Callahan

Why not? That is a real first line up there, those are our best offensive players. Our second line should be pretty stellar too.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 03:57 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Naslund Gomez Zherdev
Dubinsky Drury Antropov
Avery Korpikoski Callahan <-----
Sjostrom Betts Orr
Avery could also play center here too. He at the very least should probably take the draws. I don't believe Korpikoski was very good at them last few games. He might just need practice though. And remember, Callahan had some games at center. He could take draws as well. One exciting thing is that provided the top line can keep scoring, we finally have something that resembles a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th line.

Rosival-Redden
Staal-Girardi
Mara-Morris

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 04:55 AM
Cake or Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
Avery could also play center here too. He at the very least should probably take the draws. I don't believe Korpikoski was very good at them last few games. He might just need practice though. And remember, Callahan had some games at center. He could take draws as well. One exciting thing is that provided the top line can keep scoring, we finally have something that resembles a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th line.

Rosival-Redden
Staal-Girardi
Mara-Morris
Oddly enough, I noticed that too. I initially didn't think the moves had a huge impact. But I tend to keep forgetting the addition of Avery (who for some reason I think plays his best hockey in a NYR uniform and seems meant to be here). And when you browse through the various line combo concepts and D pairings in this thread, it does jump at you that this more resembles a real hockey team. More grit, too.

Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 04:56 AM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
My money is on Antropov winding up with Gomez and Naslund. Creates a lot of space for Naslund to get open and can drive to the net and try and generate some chances from Gomez's softie chest shots.
I agree. That line makes perfect sense. It's basically what made the playstation line go when it had enough fuel. But this time around it's different as Antropov is much > Voros.

The way Tortorella is having his team play. I wouldn't be surprised if he even uses defense men to create space. I can see Mara, Morris, Redden and Staal driving to toward the net. Dam, I love his system and the slogan too. "Safety is death." Professor Tom Renney should make note of that but it's probably to simple a concept. Yet the Rangers put up more goals in a single game on "Torts's" third try than a few scattered or successive games combined under Tom Renney. Last place team or not, we're talking about the Rangers here. Scoring 6 goals against any team and 4 in the first period is something a fan could only dream about while Renney was behind the bench.

Last edited by gravytrain6t: 03-05-2009 at 05:06 AM.
gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 06:15 AM
beastly115

Quote:
Naslund-Gomez-Antropov
Dubinsky-Drury-Zherdev
Sjostrom-Betts-Orr

Rozsival-Redden
Staal-Girardi
Mara-Morris
This is what I'm counting on seeing. Very balanced. Top 3 lines are capable of putting in goals. Not to mention we actually have a 1st line!!

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 06:22 AM
jniklast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
really??? reitz is an average NHLer nothing more. prucha had NO value. dawes is overrated by our fanbase.

Avery, Morris, Antropov > Prucha, Dawes, Kalinin
exactly, sather made this team better at the expense of a 2nd rounder. while a 2nd is worth something, making the playoffs iw worth more to the ownership and gm i guess (the extra income alone in these troubled times probably)

and as a 7th dman we can still call up potter should the need arise. imo he is already at least as good as reitz, and he still developes...

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 06:27 AM
ecemleafs

personally id rather see gomez keep his current line mates or put zherdev with naslund if they arent all together allready. gomez has actually been playing pretty well of late and im not sure antropov is quick enough to be effective with gomez.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 06:43 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
personally id rather see gomez keep his current line mates or put zherdev with naslund if they arent all together allready. gomez has actually been playing pretty well of late and im not sure antropov is quick enough to be effective with gomez.
I don't agree with the rest of the post, but that last part I do agree with. Not so sure Antropov is quick enough to be effective with Gomez, though I would assume that's where they will be tried first.

I also don't know if Naslund and Antropov on the same line is such a good idea. As for Avery, I'd rather see him play with either Gomez or Zherdev. Create space for them and use his quickness and decent hands to maybe help out offensively.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 07:26 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

here are my line combos and why.

first off i prefer dubinski at center. i prefer drury at wing. always have. not sure torts agrees but i think dubi is a centerman and i think drurys game is able to play both but prefer drurys shot off the wall. also, i believe we need to seperate gomez and zherdev. both are puck carrier, setup guys and need to be on separate lines.

first line naslund, drury with gomez- veteran line. this will be a cycle based line with more dump and chase than the 2nd line. all 3 are smart vet players and give us a solid 1st scoring line with scotts passing setting up the 2 shooters.

second line zherdev, antro with dubinski- you gotta try the 2 niks together. this line will be very creative and will feature speed and size some balance with antros size down low. let z carry the pill, and then use our size down low for chances off the cycle.

third line avery cally with korpedo- cant wait to see what happens here. pretty much all agree this is the best 3rd line.

fourth line. duh.- keep these guys off the ice unless were way ahead. let betts and fred get their work in on the pk. orr needs 3 shifts a period at most.

the key will really be the powerplay.

i would like to see this.

zherdev, antro, drury and naslund with 1 dman. lets try morris up top or i love mara on the point on the pp. either way, 4 forwards 1 dman pp configuration with zherdev given the freedom to roam and play up top or where ever.

just keep gomez and rozy off the pp. please.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 08:00 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Im actually quite surprised how many of you like these deals
It's not even that I'm so hot on the players, it's just that we gave up little value for players that will help now. No, they don't make us a contender by any stretch, and Sather's other moves have hamstrung us for sure...but I'd still rather be as competitive as possible.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 09:00 AM
Salvage21

Quote:
It's not even that I'm so hot on the players, it's just that we gave up little value for players that will help now. No, they don't make us a contender by any stretch, and Sather's other moves have hamstrung us for sure...but I'd still rather be as competitive as possible.
I agree. I was completely against getting Anrtopov because I thought it meant one of our prospects had to go in the deal with it. And by trading Prucha and Dawes, Sather avoided having to go through an uneasy process of not qualifying offers. They weren't going to play now that Antropov and Avery are back anyway. And especially not next year with Avery(still) and Anisimov making the jump.

Salvage21 is offline   Reply With Quote