HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Christobal Huet or Roman Cechmanek?

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2004, 03:28 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

vCash: 500
Well, too all the Cechmanek haters I hope you saw, or saw highlights of Cristobal Huet's joke of a performance tonight vs. St. Louis in the Kings biggest game of the year.

Huet cannot make big saves especially in key games against good teams.

Please hurry back Roman, we have 0 chance without you.

Old
03-17-2004, 05:21 AM
Greater Malison
He Knows. You Don't.

Send a message via AIM to Greater Malison
What's a joke is you trying to pin the loss on Huet. I don't care how much playoff experience Chokematic has, he lets in soft goals on a nightly basis. I freakin wan't the 2nd round pick that the Kings gave up to get him in the 1st place.

Old
03-19-2004, 02:24 AM
Greater Malison
He Knows. You Don't.

Great game by Chokematic tonight, when was the last time you heard a player criticize his goaltenders performance? We'll it happened tonight but he's still takin the Kings to the promise land right Herby?

Old
03-19-2004, 03:12 AM
chris_dub
Avoid Catalina...

Send a message via MSN to chris_dub
Huet.

I just have ZERO confidence in Chechmanek.

Old
03-19-2004, 08:47 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
he just missed a month with an injury. Did people really expect for him to come back and play well. Not only are people waiting for him to wait, but they're also expecting him to come back and be Martin Brodeur.

When it's time to talk realistically about Roman Cechmanek, just throw all objectivity out the window because there's a lot of people not using it.

Old
03-19-2004, 09:30 AM
AGraveOne

Send a message via Yahoo to AGraveOne
How bout the real issue...HEALTH.

No goalie can play good enough to carry this team. It is amazing that they are doing as well as they are - to every player's credit Huet and Cechmanek BOTH.

At the same time, both of those can get hot and win some games. If they get on that path, go with the hot one...sit the cold one. Then switch it back (i.e. Carolina Hurricanes of 2002...)

Old
03-19-2004, 10:34 AM
tytech

Die hard Flyer fan here. He is entertaining in the wrong way. You have to hold your breath for every shot. That doesn't start from hearsay. It starts from watching him let in so many bad goals. He is not a good goalie, just big

Old
03-20-2004, 05:55 AM
Greater Malison
He Knows. You Don't.

I totally agree. Fiset, Storr, Potvin, Cechmanek, that is a friggin train wreck. Let Huet finish out the season, if he gets the Kings in, he deserves a shot as their #1 guy, if he doesn't then address the situation in the off-season and release cechmanek either way.

Old
03-20-2004, 08:25 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ozzman
if he gets the Kings in, he deserves a shot as their #1 guy, if he doesn't then address the situation in the off-season and release cechmanek either way.
I think AM would like to give Huet the #1 tag at this point, but he has to at least give Cechmanek a shot (much like Turek in Calgary). His contract is up after the season too so the Kings can let him walk if they so choose (although it wouldn't be great asset management, if Huet is made the #1 I doubt Cechmanek would hang around as a backup).

Old
03-20-2004, 09:50 AM
Higgy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
I think AM would like to give Huet the #1 tag at this point, but he has to at least give Cechmanek a shot (much like Turek in Calgary). His contract is up after the season too so the Kings can let him walk if they so choose (although it wouldn't be great asset management, if Huet is made the #1 I doubt Cechmanek would hang around as a backup).
According to the USA Today's hockey info, Cechmanek is signed through next year. Is that a guarantee, or is it some kind of option year? Anyone know?

Old
03-20-2004, 12:47 PM
Naoned
HFBoards Sponsor

Cristobal Huet.
Total homerism here.

Old
03-20-2004, 03:55 PM
OldTimeHockey

I'd personally go with Huet....I remember watching Roman in the playoffs last year, my buddy is a huge Sens fan and we had a great time watching the Sens make a fool out of him...ahh, memories .

And oh by the way, I know Potvin had a bad year last year with all the injuries to the team and himself but don't throw him into the train wreck of LA goalies when the two prior years he almost single handedly beat Detroit and brought the high-powered Avs to 7 games(twice) with back to back shutouts in series deciding games...just thought i'd mention that.

Old
03-20-2004, 04:07 PM
Greater Malison
He Knows. You Don't.

No I will lump him in with the train wreck, that guy let in more soft goals than any goaltender I have ever seen. And he didn't single handidly beat Detroit that's just nonsense.

Old
03-20-2004, 05:13 PM
OldTimeHockey

I said ALMOST....obviously he didn't do it by himself, but they wouldn't have had a chance without him....come to think of it, the Kings wouldn't of even made the playoffs that year without him (13-5-5, 1.95gaa, .919sp, and 5 shutouts) saving their butts in the last 23 games of the season. The Kings weren't even in a playoff spot until Potvin got them there and thats what they need this year too. I have more confidence in Huet being able to do it more than Chechmanek who's never been in this position before....I think he relied the Flyers getting goals more than the Flyers relying on him to stop the puck. Who knows, I could be wrong, but I just can't see me being wrong on this occasion.

Closed Thread