HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Placement of Scottrade, Busch, and the Ed

Old
03-05-2009, 03:02 PM
MissouriBlues2008

vCash: 500
Placement of Scottrade, Busch, and the Ed

Scottrade is about a half-mile from Busch and a mile from the Ed(ward Jones Dome). Busch to the Ed is also about a mile.

United Center (home of the Chicago Blackhakws), is 5.5 miles from Wrigley Field, and 5.7 miles from U.S. Cellular Field, and 4.7 miles from Soldier Field (Chicago Bears). Wrigley to U.S. Cellular is almost 10 miles.

To put it in perspective, United Center to Wrigley is about the same as from Scottrade to the Zoo. In fact, from the Missouri border with Illinois to the St. Louis City western border I think is only about 7-8 miles.

Yes, Chicago has Wrigleyville. We obviously don't have that. What I do like is that it's just a short MetroLink ride between Scottrade, The Ed, and Busch.

And we seem to have a decent amount of bars and restaurants around Scottrade, Busch, and The Ed. Some arenas and parks don't have that.

From what I can see on Satellite and Street View, it looks like the area around Arrowhead and Kaufmann in Kansas City (they're together), seems to mostly be parking and residential. The setup seems somewhat suburban, though I think it is in the city. Kansas City's land mass (not including water) is similar in size to New York City (KC is about 313 sq. miles of land on the MO side over 4 counties, NYC is 304 sq. miles of land and 164 sq. miles of water (STL City is about 62 sq. miles + 4 miles of water))). The Sprint Center, which, it is hoped, will eventually host an NHL or NBA team, is 6 miles away in the Power and Light district in Downtown Kansas City.

Anyway, just wanted to say, it's nice to have our sporting venues pretty close together, and there seems to be fair amount to do in the area. Hopefully MetroLink can get some funding and keep running for games.

I doubt anyone will read this, but I felt like posting it.

Have a nice day (or night, depending on when you are reading this).

MissouriBlues2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 03:31 PM
General Veers

vCash: 500
I've been to a dozen or so Cards/Cubs games at Wrigley and I've got to say, it is an awesome experience! The pre-game ripping that goes on in the streets of Wrigleyville is a lot of fun and can be as entertaining as the game itself! Chicago may be more spread out, but there is a mass of humanity and buildings in between each stadium. So it actually feels a little smaller, at least to me.
I've also been to almost every interleague game between the Cards and Royals in KC. The huge parking lot connecting Kauffman and Arrowhead is the best tailgating spot I've ever been to! It's just a huge drunken party with none of the underlying hostility that comes with a Cards/Cubs series.
None of this has much to do with the OP, I just wanted to share some (somewhat relevant) opinions.

General Veers is offline   Reply With Quote