HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade: Rangers acquire Derek Morris; deal Prucha, Dawes, Kalinin to PHX

Old
03-04-2009, 06:58 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Trade: Rangers acquire Derek Morris; deal Prucha, Dawes, Kalinin to PHX

I like the trade. Morris adds grit to the back end and could help our PP. The price seems a bit steep, but whatever, none of those players would be with us next year.

Last edited by nyr2k2: 03-04-2009 at 07:55 PM.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 06:59 PM
The Thomas J.*

vCash: 500
After all is said in Done Morris may be the only guy left next season.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 07:54 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
This move just says to me that the Rangers were not interested in retaining any of the three players they sent to PHX. Still maintain that Dawes is going to be a player.

03-04-2009, 07:56 PM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

the mor and more I think about this trade I love it. Hes gonna be a great addition to this team, and I think alot of you guys will be pleasently surprised at what he brings.

MrEctions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 07:56 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
Dawes and Prucha will fit well in Phoenix. Morris looks alright.

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 07:59 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

Does Morris have multiple years left on his contract or is he a UFA after this season?

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Section311
HFBoards Sponsor

I think this was a good trade for both teams.

Sad to see prucha go I hope he tears it up out there

Section311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Draft Guru

vCash: 920
I'm a bit worried about a guy who has 13 points on this season, and only 1 of them coming on the PP (an assist). Is he really that much of an improvement over Kalinin to justify dealing Dawes and Prucha? Time will tell. I knew Prucha or Dawes would be in the deal when I first heard we got Morris, as a forward had to go to make room for Antropov and Avery. Didn't expect both of them though. This is a great return for PHX for a rental player. I can see Prucha and Dawes being solid players for Phoenix if given the ice time I think they are gonna get.

Still can't believe we couldn't get something else with Morris, I figured at the very least a conditional pick if we don't re-sign him.

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Section311
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyZ View Post
Does Morris have multiple years left on his contract or is he a UFA after this season?
ufa after this year

Section311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:01 PM
h0ckeyman

Ill miss Petr but value wise this trade is lopsided in the rangers favor.

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:02 PM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
I'm a bit worried about a guy who has 13 points on this season, and only 1 of them coming on the PP (an assist). Is he really that much of an improvement over Kalinin to justify dealing Dawes and Prucha? Time will tell. I knew Prucha or Dawes would be in the deal when I first heard we got Morris, as a forward had to go to make room for Antropov and Avery. Didn't expect both of them though. This is a great return for PHX for a rental player. I can see Prucha and Dawes being solid players for Phoenix if given the ice time I think they are gonna get.

Still can't believe we couldn't get something else with Morris, I figured at the very least a conditional pick if we don't re-sign him.
But in all honesty we improve the D at the expense of Pru, Dawes and Kalinin, two of which wouldnt have been resigned, and a dead weight D-Man. If you havent seen Morris play then your gonna be surprised. He may not contribute a lot offensively, but Defensively he is very very good.

MrEctions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:02 PM
2Leetch_94
Kreid me a river

Well, Prucha and Dawes were going to get no playing time with Avery and Antropov taking their spots. But I guess you could argue getting picks back instead of Morris - but I haven't seen much of Morris at all so I don't know how much of an upgrade he is over Kalinin.

I'm glad that Prucha gets a fresh start, though.

2Leetch_94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:05 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:

Dawes (RFA), Prucha (UFA), Kalinan (UFA) are all Free Agents at the end of season, we have as much chance to sign morris as we did any of them (dawes excluded)

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:05 PM
pld459666

Not happy about this deal at all.

I think that in Torts system Prucha can flourish and not even allowing him that opportunity kinda sucks. Same with Dawes.

I'm not sure that Morris is so much of an upgrade that it would cost either Dawes or Prucha. A best maybe a pick.

However, the moves made this week have improved the team.

In - Avery, Antropov and Morris

Out - Dawes, Prucha, Kalinin and 2 picks

In the end we paid two picks and we upgraded the team so i am happy, but broken down I thought we got smoked on the Morris deal.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:06 PM
ThirdEye

I think futureGM was really down on Morris. Looking at his stats, his offensive game seems to have disappeared completely, so I don't know how he's going to really help on the PP.

I don't really like Kalinin, but he was playing pretty well for a while now. Hopefully we won't find out that Morris is actually a downgrade

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:09 PM
clmetsfan

This deal fits in well with that whole Torts player/non-Torts player we've been talking about. Kalinin and Dawes aren't, Morris is. Too bad we had to give up Prucha, I'm gonna miss that fiery little *******.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:10 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

I really have no clue about this guy but after checking out his stats I wish we could have gotten at least a late round draft pick back our way.

On the other hand, getting rid of Kalinin and Pru and bringing back an expiring contract does free up some cap space after the season.

Slats must have been hanging out with Donny Walsh.

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:11 PM
pld459666

Quote:

I'm with you.

Personally I think we got smoked on this deal. I hope Morris proves me wrong, but his play over the last few years has not left me impressed.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MaximusT

oh well. I was kinda pissed initially..
I mean c'mon, Pru is one of the most likeable guys on the team
Dawes...is dawes

and Kalinin was playing pretty well

Good luck to Morris..I hope he can handle the pressure of the big market.

MaximusT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Black Aces

I will miss Prucha. I wish him well.

I don't care about Kalinin. Dawes is very lazy and inconsistent for my liking.

I think some people who are against this trade are overrating Prucha and Dawes.

Black Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:14 PM
Chimp

Just shoot me. So we gave up Prucha, Dawes and Kalinin for nothing? He's not worth it and we won't afford to keep him this summer.

The only reason I see it was even remotely worth is if Sather planned not to re-sign any of the three traded. I won't miss Dawes' defensive ability though.

Last edited by Chimp: 03-04-2009 at 08:20 PM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:16 PM
SML

I like this deal, but I'm puzzled by it. Prucha wasn't going to be back, at least not without hitting the FA market first. 1.6mil is far too much coming off this season, and his QO would have to be a 10% raise on that. There's just no way that was happening. I like Dawes, but he seems to have faded into a peripheral player this season. I think he has alot of talent, but like the Rangers always do, they never put him in a position where he could make use of it. He got third line minutes, not much PP, and doesn't kill penalties. A place like PHX will be good for him. The part that puzzles me is giving up Kalinin, because we lost Reitz, so now we're down to 6 dmen. If someone gets hurt, and you have to figure someone will, we gotta go to Hartford for help. If we lose two guys, we're in alot of trouble, and if we lose 3, the season is over.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:21 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

I love this trade! I hope one day Prucha will return to NY, but Morris is a strong D-man, and when he fights, he'll beat the piss out of ya!

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:22 PM
The Lunatic Fridge

Send a message via AIM to The Lunatic Fridge Send a message via MSN to The Lunatic Fridge
Thats quite digusting

The Lunatic Fridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:22 PM
NYReign

The team is definitely improved, swapping Kalinin, Prucha and Dawes for Avery, Antropov and Morris. Even with the picks, these were deals I would have made. I was a little upset when first hearing about this trade to lose both Dawes and Prucha, but they wouldn't have gotten much playing time with Aves and Antropov brought in so it makes sense to upgrade where possible considering we probably couldn't have resigned them anyway.

NYReign is offline   Reply With Quote