HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Ok, Take it for what it's worth

Closed Thread

Old
03-13-2004, 02:10 PM
HF2002

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nucks2001
Read my other post.. I never said Bertuzzi was over penalized.. thanks for trying though.

Trying what? Was that your half hearted attempt to convince yourself that you've gotten the better of me?

It wasn't a response directly aimed at you. More so to those fans in Vancouver who've gone on about the penalty being too harsh, thanks to Colorado embellishing the severity of the injuries.

Old
03-13-2004, 02:37 PM
Yayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey_101
Alright, I know a lot of people are skeptical about unfounded sources, but I recieved a bit of information about Steve Moore today that bodes well for the young man. For those who don't know, I live in the Vancouver area. My friend works at a fine dining restaurant as a server (I know, I know, sounds fishy already, right?). Anyway, he was talking with one of his customers tonight who is a surgeon, and his close friend and coleague is the doctor who worked on Steve Moore. Needless to say, he couldn't really get into the details of the procedure, but said that essentially it is certain that Steve will recover fully, and SOON. Of particular interest, he said he wouldn't be surprised if Steve skated in the playoffs - and that his injury was completely blown out of proportion by everyone. Not to say that what happened to him wasn't terrible - it's just that most people hear 'broken neck' and immediately think wheelchairs. In this case, the small fracture in Moore's vertebrae is expected to quickly heal to 100% bone density and there was absolutely no nerve damage.
I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

Old
03-13-2004, 02:49 PM
HF2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man
Wouldn't that just make you his cousins former roomate? You could have just said that.

Old
03-13-2004, 04:16 PM
MacDaddy TLC*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey_101
For those who don't know, I live in the Vancouver area. My friend works at a fine dining restaurant as a server (I know, I know, sounds fishy already, right?).

Not at all. That is how I met Brittney Spears and married her for about 3.5 hours about 3 months ago. Please continue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man

i think that makes you your own Grandpa. http://www.anvari.org/fun/Misc/I_am_my_own_Grandpa.html

Old
03-13-2004, 04:28 PM
PecaFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
And while I am not calling the original poster on his story, the idea that anyone, regardless of his medical credentials, terms Steve Moore's injury "completely blown out of proportion" leaves this reader feeling, ummm, unpleasant. Perhaps it was just a poor choice of words, perhaps I'm reading into it a bit too much. Perhaps this thread should be closed, for it is unsubstantiated rumor, and the topic is a rather serious one. That is, a false trade rumor is one thing, this is another.
This "unsubstantiated rumour" just happens to be pretty much the same thing as *every professional medical opinion* published so far that I've seen. A little less time, it's usually said 6 to 12 weeks.

And it *has* been blown out of proportion. Evidently we've had Regis Philbin talking about it on his show, and the ladies on the View talking like Moore has been paralysed, and Bertuzzi should be shot. The medical opinions are all of the complete recovery variety, yet we still hear the terms "career ending" etc.

Old
03-13-2004, 10:48 PM
hockey_101

Alrighty,

I didn't think my post would get such negative response! First some self important poster says that I should be banned because of the situation through which I found out this information. I made it very clear that you take what I said however you want. I can't exactly back up what I am writing, obviously, but I thought that it was such good news about the kid that it was worth posting. Also, some other kid came across like I was trying to say Bertuzzi was treated too harshly. Exactly where did I say that? Again, I posted this because it is just good news on the status of Moore.

Some people on these boards are a little too touchy, a little too self-important, and should grow up. (Granted, there are probably a large number of younger kids on the boards).

Anyway, just thought I'd stand up for the amount of bashing some people were sending my way.

Old
03-14-2004, 07:55 AM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Metamorphosis
if moore is back playing in these playoffs, then i think the suspension was too harsh.

you have johnson who ended beukeboom's career only getting 12 games.

dude

beukeboom played 60 odd games the next year

he didn't exactly end it on the spot

Old
03-14-2004, 08:42 AM
X8oD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceUNO
dude

beukeboom played 60 odd games the next year

he didn't exactly end it on the spot
stop making sense!

I dont know how many times ive read Vancouver Fans use that suspension as the reasoning behind this one being too harsh [not on this board, mostly from various places on the net, and in the usenet]. And then when somebody replies and said "Beukeboom played some 40-60 games again the next year, fought more than once in that span, and suffered another concussion which ended his career.." It usually shuts people up, or grows the ever loving response "I dont care, Bertuzzi got hosed.. FREE BERT!" I just read an article where fans honestly believe its an NHL conspiracy to stop the canucks from winning the cup....

Its what started a few people on the usenet to use the ever catchy line "bert was set up, he wasnt the only puncher, there was a secondary arm on the icy knoll"

in other words.. Just let it go. Both sides, its done and over with.

Closed Thread