for a me. There are rumours in Switzerland he might be playing
here next saison.

Thanx,
Zorkan

Old
03-13-2004, 06:59 AM
Hockey Mojo

vCash: 500
Look at his stats and look at our tean record and figure it out for your self. Any player who walks out on NHL fans and play where ever should finish their careers there!

Old
03-13-2004, 07:09 PM
Zorkan

So much for southern hospitality. Thank you for your "help". It didn't
occur to me to read his stats and check out the team record.

Old
03-13-2004, 07:47 PM
ATLThrashers15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorkan
So much for southern hospitality. Thank you for your "help". It didn't
occur to me to read his stats and check out the team record.
Hes just bitter for some reason or another...Robitaille baffles me, because sometimes he plays with enough jump to play on the top line, while he shouldnt be considered a top line player, and other times on the fourth line. In Europe he'd probably do well because he is a good puck handler who is patient and works well in traffic.

Old
03-13-2004, 08:02 PM
Zorkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLThrashers15
Hes just bitter for some reason or another...Robitaille baffles me, because sometimes he plays with enough jump to play on the top line, while he shouldnt be considered a top line player, and other times on the fourth line. In Europe he'd probably do well because he is a good puck handler who is patient and works well in traffic.
Yeah, I figured he's bitter. Thank you very much for your answer. It
looks like he'd have a lot of potential in a league such as ours. How
is his goal scoring ability? Is he a good skater?

Old
03-13-2004, 08:12 PM
roast

Pens fan here....When the pens snagged R.R. off waivers...I thought what a ****ty move. THEN he put up 25 pts in 24 games i think. He was a fantastic 2nd line center for the pens during that stretch, then they kind of gave up on him after a slow start to the 2002-2003 season. Can score alot of put in the right position. I think Atlanta is a good fit for him becuase of alot of young talent. I still with the pens had him. In defense of him, i think his first NHL game he got a dislocated shoulder which set him back quite a bit. I think he can stay in the NHL, but would do fine where ever he plays.

Old
03-13-2004, 09:44 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Pens fan too. He's one of those guys who has been able to put up great numbers in lower leagues, but has been inconsistant as all get out in the NHL. He was solid in a Pens uni, can't say how he's been for the Thrashers besides looking at stats.

I can see him being a damn fine player in Switzerland.

Old
03-14-2004, 07:44 AM
dunwoody_joe

RR is an enigma to me as well.

Some nights he plays with jump and creativity. Last night being one of those occasions. Quick, sharp, enthusiastic and defensively responsible. On those occasions he looks like a keeper (say an average #2 centerman or a creative #4).

Other times (like the last month), he shows none of that. Lost and bewildered without anything special. On those night, he belongs in the AHL or lower.

I like the guy's potential and if he goes abroad will be a star in Europe. I doubt he has much of an NHL career left. Perhaps a year more in Atlanta--but if the Thrashers need him next year it will be a bad sign for the clubs prospects.

Old
03-14-2004, 11:34 AM
Dupuis>Ilya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorkan
So much for southern hospitality. Thank you for your "help". It didn't occur to me to read his stats and check out the team record.
I apologize for Hockey Mojo. His posts are generally pretty useless and not worth letting get under your skin.

Robitaille has good skill, but he's just not big, fast, or aggressive enough to keep a steady role on any NHL team's top six. He's pretty good in all offensive aspects of the game: puckhandling, passing, and shooting. He's decently creative as well. He should do very well in Switzerland and I don't blame any NHL player for making arrangements with European clubs for next season. Heatley and Kovalchuk have already made plans to play with Spartak from what I hear. Should they just go ahead and plan on playing the rest of their careers in Russia?

Old
03-15-2004, 10:16 AM
Hockey Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupuis>Ilya
I apologize for Hockey Mojo. His posts are generally pretty useless and not worth letting get under your skin.

Closed Thread