HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: How They Are Doing Now (Dawes, Prucha, Kalinin, Montoya)

Old
03-06-2009, 11:38 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

vCash: 500
wow...so strange looking at them in different uniforms....

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 12:42 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
I miss Pruuuuuu but I agree with the other poster, probably the best thing to happen to Petr if he is to return to 30 goal status. I can only hope Gretzky can teach him a few things..........

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 12:44 AM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
Did you guys see Petr's assist tonight? Looked pretty slick!

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 01:08 AM
MorrisWanchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromDubiToZherdev View Post
Did you guys see Petr's assist tonight? Looked pretty slick!
yeah, i watched the game. he's getting a lot of ice time at the minute - this could be a real good move for him.

MorrisWanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 01:17 AM
hao chi

Quote:
Originally Posted by oteixeira View Post
From tonight's loss:

Yotes fan here. I'm liking Prucha already. In the second pic where he's falling, he got right back up to get the puck and made a nice pass to Lombardi who scored our only goal of the night.

hao chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 07:25 AM
shon

I am so happy for the guys that get off this team.
some say this is the best place to play.
I feel sorry for the players.
They get booed.
Run into the ground for a bad pass , or missed assignment.
NY fans in general are not very intelligent hockey fans.( think about it they still chant Potvin sucks... get over it people)
I think Prucha , Dawes and Kalalin got the best of this deal.
Morris is good but doesn't play perfect as is expected by Ranger fans.

shon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 09:34 AM
Jeds2StepOpus

All three of them are great....legends......now that they're not Rangers

Dawes made his bed, here.

He very rarely used that alleged superior speed to his and his linemates advantage.

His play away from the puck was often resembling something along the lines of a comatose victim.

The kid has skills, but he rarely utilized those skills....for what ever reason.

Kalinin is what he is. An inconsistent, often too passive....defenseman who also doesn't utlize his natural skills enough.

Prucha I love. But on a team over-loaded with smurfs, some had to go. It ended up being Prucha and Dawes. I hope Prucha gets a ton of ice time and really breaks out. Then comes back to NY.

The other two, I'll be happy to never see either of them in a Rangers uniform...ever again.

Jeds2StepOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 10:50 AM
Bobby Granger

Send a message via AIM to Bobby Granger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeds2StepOpus View Post
All three of them are great....legends......now that they're not Rangers

Dawes made his bed, here.

He very rarely used that alleged superior speed to his and his linemates advantage.

His play away from the puck was often resembling something along the lines of a comatose victim.

The kid has skills, but he rarely utilized those skills....for what ever reason.

Kalinin is what he is. An inconsistent, often too passive....defenseman who also doesn't utlize his natural skills enough.

Prucha I love. But on a team over-loaded with smurfs, some had to go. It ended up being Prucha and Dawes. I hope Prucha gets a ton of ice time and really breaks out. Then comes back to NY.

The other two, I'll be happy to never see either of them in a Rangers uniform...ever again.

Agreed. Even how much I loved prucha and thought dawes would be a 25 goal scorer the thing is. Is that sather is in a win-now mode in order to keep his job.

Plus prucha will sign with us next year

Bobby Granger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:24 AM
VJ Rangerfan

Send a message via AIM to VJ Rangerfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Granger View Post
Agreed. Even how much I loved prucha and thought dawes would be a 25 goal scorer the thing is. Is that sather is in a win-now mode in order to keep his job.

I'd absolutely love that!

VJ Rangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:31 AM
ruckus*

Dawes not in a Rangers jersey = Fabulous

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:53 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Just like Avery wasn't fit for any other team but the NYR, so wasn't Prucha. He'll be back, after he gets some confidence and hopefully gets back up to producing like a second liner.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:59 AM
Gresch04

Quote:
Originally Posted by czechmate25 View Post
You know, I was really upset about the trade for awhile...but now, I've come to the conclusion that this is the best thing to happen to Prucha. Last night, he played the entire game on the first line and he got 1st line PP minutes. Prucha had over 16 minutes in ice time and it was nice to see.

Yes, I'm sad that he is no longer a member of my favorite team but seeing him get a chance to play and contribute is much better than watching him in the press box to make room on the roster for a bunch of overpaid, heartless bums.

The bottom line in hockey is results. Prucha had plenty of time before this year to show he was the guy who scored 25+ her season. He played hard and produced very little (11 goals in his last 90 games).

Heart and effort doesn't win games, putting the black disk in the red rectangle does - we need actual goals not potential goals. Let Prucha find his game - if he still has one - elsewhere. I'll take my chances with other players in the pipeline who can take his spot and probably score at least 4 goals too.

Gresch04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 12:08 PM
TheSchwab

Send a message via MSN to TheSchwab
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFFeN View Post
Good luck to the both of them.

Poor Petr . . .
This looks more familiar.

TheSchwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 12:09 PM
TheSchwab

Send a message via MSN to TheSchwab
Quote:
No, he won't. And why would we want him anyways... Avery and Antropov are 10X the player he is. Antropov will be a rental, I understand, but Avery is so much more effective than Prucha its not even funny.

TheSchwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 02:31 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:

I doubt it after Torts said something like "this is my top 6, if Dawes and Prucha aren't in my top 6 they are redundant." i.e. he isn't the type of 3rd or 4th line player Torts wants in his lineup so he doesn't want him at all. He'd have to score 30 this season and Naslund would have to somehow get booted off the team or God forbid get injured for the season. That is not happening. Our top six is

Naslund-Gomez-Zherdev
Dubinsky-Drury-Antropov

and will probably stay that way if Z, Dubi, Antro all resign like the Rangers management is probably hoping. Given our cap situation, I doubt we will be able to go after a player like Hossa. Plus, I'm sure his brother doesn't have many too nice things to say about our organization!

edit: holy crap. looking at the Boston lineup

Lucic-Savard-Kessel
Wheeler-Krecji-Ryder
Kobasew-P.Bergeron-Recchi
S.Thornton-Yelle-Axelsson

and Marco Sturm I believe is out for the season. I would take Sturm-Yelle-Axelsson as a 4th line over Sjo-Betts-Orr any day of the week. crazy depth.

Last edited by n8: 03-07-2009 at 02:47 PM.
n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Pizza

For my part, I'm really pulling for Dawes and Prucha.

Prucha is already showing Yotes fans why he was loved so much.

That pass Dawes made the other night is another glimpse of what his potential is. Right on the stick from the other side of the ice while curling away from the defender. In a word: sweet. All too often he was just invisible and on the perimeter for us...and they were both smaller guys which we have too much of anyway.

So I hope they do well. It's early, so I'm not really sure what to make of Morris yet.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 04:29 PM
MorrisWanchuk

good for pru - yet another point today already. I actually like the trade we made- we get a D-man for Kalinin who's lost his way, we get cap space for next year and we get size/agitation on our wings (Avery/Antropov). Good luck to Pru, i think it's a win-win

MorrisWanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 06:26 PM
BleedBlue4491

just got back from the phoenix/isles game. Another assist for Prucha. I loved seeing him play the minutes he deserves, and I just wish him the best there. I'll always wish he ends up in a rangers uniform again though

BleedBlue4491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Just got off the phone with Prucha

SPoke to Petr after the game tonight. I told him yesterday he owed me a 2 goal game today and he said he was sorry for not getting even one lol. He said he is doing much better because playing helps and keeps is mind clear. I said he would finish strong and play hard and we all miss him and he laughed and very shyly said thank you and he missed msg also.
on a side note Friday night at bungalow 5 in NYC a certain New York Ranger was welcomed back to the tune of staying to closing and parting to 5 am . I didn' even try to get a few words as the bodyguards were not to friendly

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 08:11 PM
levski87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
SPoke to Petr after the game tonight. I told him yesterday he owed me a 2 goal game today and he said he was sorry for not getting even one lol. He said he is doing much better because playing helps and keeps is mind clear. I said he would finish strong and play hard and we all miss him and he laughed and very shyly said thank you and he missed msg also.
on a side note Friday night at bungalow 5 in NYC a certain New York Ranger was welcomed back to the tune of staying to closing and parting to 5 am . I didn' even try to get a few words as the bodyguards were not to friendly
Does he like Phoenix? Planning to re-sign?

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Fletch

I've wathched parts of both PHX games since the trade. I heard Prucha's name called once and Dawes' name called once. I didn't note their numbers and actually had a hard time figuring out who was who (it's usually pretty easy). They really should consider selling that team, replacing the coach and moving to, oh I don't know, Winnipeg.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 08:32 PM
agentzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by levski87 View Post
Does he like Phoenix? Planning to re-sign?
He probably needs more time to decide that. He hasn't even gone to Phoenix yet.

agentzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 09:57 PM
RANGERS2448

Quote:
Originally Posted by hao chi View Post
Yotes fan here. I'm liking Prucha already. In the second pic where he's falling, he got right back up to get the puck and made a nice pass to Lombardi who scored our only goal of the night.
love Pru to death and miss him get used to him going down but getting back up quick dam little pinball love him

RANGERS2448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 12:38 AM
CanyonofBlueshirts

Prucha is playing on the first line with lombardi and doan.

CanyonofBlueshirts is offline   Reply With Quote