HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

OT: How They Are Doing Now (Dawes, Prucha, Kalinin, Montoya)

Old
03-08-2009, 11:54 PM
NYR fan 2

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRanger View Post
Prucha is playing on the first line with lombardi and doan.
Yeah, I was looking at the box score and he had an assist today...as well is 20:50 minutes of ice time. I think that's more than he ever played in a game on the Rangers.

NYR fan 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 12:01 AM
agentzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRanger View Post
Prucha is playing on the first line with lombardi and doan.
the last two games he's been playing with Upshall and Lombardi which has probably been their best line plus he's on the 1st PP unit.

agentzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 10:58 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromDubiToZherdev View Post
Sam and Joe were saying that Dawes and Kalinin took the trade well and that they were ok with....

BUT

Prucha took it hard. He loved the fans, and they loved him. His teammates love him, and he loved them. At least we know that he wanted to be a true blue Ranger for life, and he did not want to ditch us in the summer(even though he has every right). Even though Renney almost killed his career, he still loves us.
If we're lucky, he wont' be qualified and he'll come back as a UFA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
It's a shame that bonehead Renney benched Prucha so much. I'm sad to see him go but am glad that he's getting a chance to further his career.
Bonehead indeed, thank goodness he's gone! Panger and Strader were saying last night how well the Lombardi, Upshall, Prucha line has been. Prucha played well against the Isles with a nice redirect pass for the first goal and he was in front with Doan causing traffic for the 2nd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gresch04 View Post
The bottom line in hockey is results. Prucha had plenty of time before this year to show he was the guy who scored 25+ her season. He played hard and produced very little (11 goals in his last 90 games)...
I think you're one of the few who believe he got a fare shake under Renney. In his first year when he netted 30 goals all Renney did was say how he wasn't a goal scorer and that he didn't expect much from Prucha. Shanahan's arrival and Renney's need for a whipping boy definitely hindered Prucha's play.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...anahans-future

"The Rangers are fairly convinced that they turned Petr Prucha from a 30-goal scorer into a non-factor - and that the signing of Shanahan two summers ago was the tipping point - and that Prucha could resume being a productive forward if just given the ice time and power-play role." http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ran...an-answer.html

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 11:02 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
If we're lucky, he wont' be qualified and he'll come back as a UFA.
I think the fact they traded him was a pretty clear indication they didn't want him. And certainly didn't want to bring him back.

03-09-2009, 11:09 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Spending time in Phoenix will be good for him. He played 20 minutes last night. They obviously are going to give him a chance to show that he still has it especially with the team they have down there. Renney said the guy wore down... He has 2 points in 3 games with Phoenix. I think he'll do well there. Since he's in the West it'll make it much easier to root for him. Of course the Rangers always come first .

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 03:33 PM
Section311

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR fan 2 View Post
Yeah, I was looking at the box score and he had an assist today...as well is 20:50 minutes of ice time. I think that's more than he ever played in a game on the Rangers.
Good for him

Section311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 06:35 PM
In The Flesh

tuning in to the PHO/DET game right now, hoping to see a lot of Prucha.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2009, 09:58 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Prucha with another assist tonight. 3 assists in 5 games.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2009, 10:13 PM
squishy

Went to the game tonight. Pru had three nice deflections right in front, and set up two good scoring chances in the first. He also got a few shifts on the PK, was on the top PP unit (that's where he got his assist) and drew a penalty. It was really nice to see him get to play again, even if its for the wrong team.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2009, 08:32 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Since the trade I noticed myself becoming more of a Yotes fan. It's not just these three but there are some other ex NYR's there too. I'm watching a lot more PHX games thats for sure.

Radek27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2009, 09:04 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Prucha with another assist tonight. 3 assists in 5 games.
very nice. Although neither Dawes or Prucha has scored yet for Phoenix, under Tortorella, I think Prucha can score 30goals again. I liked both players. If we don't get either one of them back and they stay in Phoenix, they'll at least have careers in the NHL and will continue to get better. Especially learning a thing or two from Gretzky.They both have really good hands.
Good for them. They deserve to play every day.

Being I said I would take either player back, the fact is, I don't think the Rangers will even attempt it. I can see Prucha becoming a fan favorite playing in Phoenix every day. He's the type of player who is hard not to root for. He's got many positive attributes.

Watch them turn into the next Tony Amonte and Doug Weight lol. yeeks. Suddenly, a few Sather threads might start popping up even more.

BTW. Just on a side note - Tyutin's stick handling and passing looks terrific as well. He just came up with a great assist on the pp against Chicago. Talking about more former Rangers. Tyutin and Malholtra were both playing on the same pp unit. I know we have Zherdev and everything but it seems more and more like an even trade.

I don't mean to high jack this thread - It's just as I was writing my post I turned around to watch the Blue Jackets Power Play.

Last edited by gravytrain6t: 03-13-2009 at 09:15 PM. Reason: just thought I'd add something else of interest.
gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 11:27 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

http://thehockeynews.com/articles/24...tr-Prucha.html

Quote:
Last Book Read: "Twilight."
Petr getting in touch with his 13 year old girl side?

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 01:22 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Saw them in person for the first time last night. Prucha tried hard but was constantly taken off the puck by the more physical Predators. Dawes was invisible and Kalinin was brutal. Dawes will probably get qualified here because of his low salary. Prucha may get a contract offer, but well below what he is making right now.. Kalinin is having a nice vacation. He'll appreciate it more when he is back in the KHL next year.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 02:50 PM
Loffen
Legend

Prucha takes out Hamuis

_________

Dawes nails Hilbert

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 03:14 PM
gravytrain6t

Last night I finally got the chance to sit down and watch a full Coyotes game and was disappointed. They both seemed pretty much invisible as Nashville held Phoenix scoreless throughout the game. I thought the most impressive player on the ice for Phoenix last night was that kid Martin Hanzal. He really impressed me with his stick handling skills. Like he had the puck on a string. Another great Czech player who reminds me of Jagr with his 6'5" 220lb frame. He's only 22 yrs old. Just a great pick that fell onto the laps of the Coyotes at #17 overall.

Last edited by gravytrain6t: 03-15-2009 at 05:08 PM.
Old
03-15-2009, 03:28 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFFeN View Post
Prucha takes out Hamuis

_________

Dawes nails Hilbert

The announcer called Prucha a "big Mack Truck ." They really are both deceptively strong though. I'll miss both of them, and the effort they put forth when in the line up . The two players can play at the NHL level and will gain much more self assurance playing every day in Phoenix. I think Prucha would have had more of an opportunity playing every day under Tortorella but Renney made it almost impossible for him to get into a rhythm and kept hammering what ever confidence he had left, into the ground.

Old
03-15-2009, 04:51 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post
Last night I finally got the chance to sit down and watch a full Coyotes game and was disappointed. They both seemed pretty much invisible as Nashville held Phoenix scoreless throughout the game. I thought the most impressive player on the ice for Phoenix last night was that kid Martin Hanzal. He really impressed me with his stick handling skills. Like he had the puck on a string. Another great Czech player who reminds me of Jagr with his 6'5" 220lb frame. He's only 22 yrs old. Just a great pick that fell into the laps of the Coyotes at #17 overall.
Hanzal is a young Rod Brind'amour. IMO he is the Coyotes MVP this year.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 03:11 PM
Geddy Lee

THN has " Getting to Know You " Q and A with players. I enjoy reading it every two weeks. This week they have Prucha.

*** It would have helped had I read all the post in this tread. Sorry for the repost... ***

Last edited by Geddy Lee: 03-17-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Geddy Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 03:24 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geddy Lee View Post
THN has " Getting to Know You " Q and A with players. I enjoy reading it every two weeks. This week they have Prucha.

*** It have helped had I read all the post in this tread. Sorry for the repost... ***
haha, Prucha's funniest moment was pretty much the same thing that happened to Gaborik when Hasek came all the way to challenge him a year or two ago

I'm guessing this interview was done when he was still with the Rangers?

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 05:39 PM
czechmate25

Quote:
Last night I finally got the chance to sit down and watch a full Coyotes game and was disappointed. They both seemed pretty much invisible as Nashville held Phoenix scoreless throughout the game. I thought the most impressive player on the ice for Phoenix last night was that kid Martin Hanzal. He really impressed me with his stick handling skills. Like he had the puck on a string. Another great Czech player who reminds me of Jagr with his 6'5" 220lb frame. He's only 22 yrs old. Just a great pick that fell onto the laps of the Coyotes at #17 overall.

Good call. I like Hanzel too. Hopefully, Gretz will try Prucha and Hanzel together sometime....I think they would mesh well together.

czechmate25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 06:04 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

Quote:
Turris and Boedker not looking so good?

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 06:08 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I think the fact they traded him was a pretty clear indication they didn't want him. And certainly didn't want to bring him back.
I never, truly, expect him to return.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 06:12 PM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

wow anyone else notice the skate come waaaaay close to Prucha? a bit scary eh?

Hobgoblin Steve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 10:31 PM
McNashty
HATERS GON' HATE!

vCash: 827
Send a message via AIM to McNashty Send a message via MSN to McNashty
SJS: Thornton, J. (PPG, 08:01 in 2nd)
PHX: Turris, K. (00:21 in 1st), Turris, K. (PPG, 15:21 in 1st), Kalinin, D. (PPG, 19:44 in 1st)

that's for tonights game so far, that's right Kalinin has a power play goal and he also has an assist.

McNashty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 10:41 PM
jrd303

I don't think Dawes is even playing against the Sharks tonight.

jrd303 is offline   Reply With Quote