HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blackout???

Closed Thread

Old
03-12-2004, 05:24 PM
Hankenstein

vCash: 500
Blackout???

I'm in Orlando and an ex-new yorker. Needless to say I got the Center Ice package so I can follow my beloved Rangers. Now I'm getting nervous. The Lightning website says no TV broadcast for the game tonight. Will the game be picked up on the NY feed for the Center Ice channel? Under the "description" it says "Blackout."

What is going on??!?!?

P.S - I also posted this on the Lightning board, but I don't think it is viewed much....

Old
03-12-2004, 05:29 PM
in the hall

since youre paying for center ice there should be no reason for you to get blacked out... i would call up direct tv if you do get blacked out

Old
03-12-2004, 05:33 PM
Hankenstein

That's what I thought!!! But it says blackout...I'm getting nervous....I know the Lightning games are blacked out when it's on regular cable but tonights has NO florida broadcast.

I haven't missed a game all season and I don't want to break my streak!!!

Old
03-12-2004, 05:35 PM
Gamma82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobis13
I'm in Orlando and an ex-new yorker. Needless to say I got the Center Ice package so I can follow my beloved Rangers. Now I'm getting nervous. The Lightning website says no TV broadcast for the game tonight. Will the game be picked up on the NY feed for the Center Ice channel? Under the "description" it says "Blackout."

What is going on??!?!?

P.S - I also posted this on the Lightning board, but I don't think it is viewed much....
You may have to watch it on the local sports broadcast. I know if I want to watch any of the local teams eventhough I have CenterIce they are blacked out and I need to watch on either MSG or FSNY.

Old
03-12-2004, 05:36 PM
imox77

Why don't you just head down to a sports bar

Old
03-12-2004, 05:58 PM
Hankenstein

There is no local broadcast tonight. The heathens down here don't show all the games.

And I shouldn't have to go to a sports bar, they should have the same center ice package that I do.

Oh well...we'll see what happens.

Old
03-12-2004, 06:05 PM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobis13
There is no local broadcast tonight. The heathens down here don't show all the games.

Same crap happens to me in upstate NY.. Several games were blacked out for no consistent reason (it wasn't just home games, or away games) so I bought Center Ice.. Center Ice happens to honor local blackout restrictions..

Smarmy bastids..

In my case, I think it has to do with being "in the middle market" between Buffalo and NY, so it might have to do with the Sabes..

Old
03-12-2004, 06:06 PM
Fotiu22

Send a message via AIM to Fotiu22
Maybe it's YOU!!

Don't watch the game tonight, end your streak of not missing any. If the Rangers win, then we know it was YOU who was jinxing them all year!!

haha...j/k. (i think it was me)

Old
03-12-2004, 06:27 PM
Hankenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotiu22
Don't watch the game tonight, end your streak of not missing any. If the Rangers win, then we know it was YOU who was jinxing them all year!!

haha...j/k. (i think it was me)
It can't be me...I haven't missed one in 3 years!

Oh wait....

Old
03-12-2004, 06:32 PM
Hankenstein

IT'S ON!!! The streak lives!!!

Old
03-12-2004, 06:36 PM
Petemo

SUCCESS! haha, good luck with the streak. i have one going of 2 seasons as well. not that i can actually remember the events of the games...BUT i watch them...i swear.

Old
03-12-2004, 06:37 PM
Fotiu22

Send a message via AIM to Fotiu22
WOO HOO!! that should help our race for a lottery pick!! haha... j/k.. as much as I want the lottery pick I can't help hoping the kids will play well down the stretch, put in the effort that we havent seen in many years and maybe even win a few.

Old
03-13-2004, 08:23 AM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
I live Upstate, too, and it's b/c of Buffalo/ Basically, everything north and west of Kingston ins considered a Sabres home market. I work in cable, and the NHL's blackout rules are by far the most archaic ever.

Closed Thread