HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why Do I Watch This Team?

Old
03-07-2009, 10:21 AM
LastRide

vCash: 500
So you can get stressed out some more ?.

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 10:27 AM
Bongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amputechture View Post
We watch because the Habs are the most storied team in the greatest sport ever. Hockey is my religion. The arena is my church. The Habs are my team, my passion. The Canadiens aren't just a hockey team, they are the history of my family. They were the bright spot during some of my relatives darkest days. They were a beacon of hope, of power, of will, of strength. People sometimes ask me why I get so upset when we lose or so happy when we win, it's because this is my passion. This team brings my family together. This team gives me the opportunity to celebrate with perfect strangers. This team connects me with thousands of people on this site who love this team like it was part of their family. This team is a part of who I am and that wont change no matter if we win or lose. I can't give up the hope. I'm upset, I'm frustrated, and I want better from this team, just like all of you...but I wont ever stop cheering, I wont ever stop watching. I love this team.
Good answer. There were a lot of Habs fans at the game. They seemed to be having a good time. A few of us here in Atlanta staged a fan protest aimed at our lame-ass owners. I had a sign that read "Esprit d’Atlanta puanteurs!" Did I make it on to RDS?

Bongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:05 AM
AT27

Quote:
We watch because the Habs are the most storied team in the greatest sport ever. Hockey is my religion. The arena is my church. The Habs are my team, my passion. The Canadiens aren't just a hockey team, they are the history of my family. They were the bright spot during some of my relatives darkest days. They were a beacon of hope, of power, of will, of strength. People sometimes ask me why I get so upset when we lose or so happy when we win, it's because this is my passion. This team brings my family together. This team gives me the opportunity to celebrate with perfect strangers. This team connects me with thousands of people on this site who love this team like it was part of their family. This team is a part of who I am and that wont change no matter if we win or lose. I can't give up the hope. I'm upset, I'm frustrated, and I want better from this team, just like all of you...but I wont ever stop cheering, I wont ever stop watching. I love this team.
I want to congradulate you on being so optimistic and keeping faith. I'm trying very hard, like you to convince myself that I can't give up, that we can't give up, but I'm having a very hard time trying! lol

I just think we want more from our team, we expect more, we've been waiting for so long and finally this year and last, weve had a team that should have been able to take us far, with a few changes, but still... nothing...
On my frigde in my kitchen I have the front page of the Journal de Montreal from Wednesday September third with Carbo, Gainey and Boivin on the cover. With "ON VISE LA COUPE, le president Boivin explique pourquoi il deborde de confiance" declaration a decouper et a conserver sur votre frigo jusqu'en avril." (we aim for the cup, president Boivin explains why he is completely confident. a declaration to cut and keep on the fridge until April. WE seem a million miles away from the cup right now, but like you said, I'm still watching, I still have this paper on my fridge and I'm still hoping... It's just starting to get harder and harder as time goes by...

AT27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:18 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Seriously. Can anyone explain it to me? I pay to get RDS? Really? Why?
if you're like me, then you watch because the next game could be a turning a point to the season. My head tells me that this team sucks, but there's always that hope (you can even it call it false hope) that the team will turn it around, and I want to make sure I witness it.

Hackett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 05:14 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Definitely one of the best posts I've ever read on HF. Thanks Amputechture, you really made my day with this.

03-07-2009, 06:03 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Seriously. Can anyone explain it to me? I pay to get RDS? Really? Why?
Hopefully because you are a loyal Habs fan who loves them when they win 24 cups in 100 seasons and also in the 75 (so far) when they do not

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 06:07 PM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
Quote:
this brought a smile to my face

POST OF THE YEAR!

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote