HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Réjean Tremblay tells it like it is...

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2009, 11:31 AM
Habitant

vCash: 500
Réjean Tremblay tells it like it is...

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/opinions/c...on-travail.php

Last edited by Blind Gardien: 03-07-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old
03-07-2009, 11:37 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Je répondrai à ceux qui tiennent le poignard que Carbonneau fait son travail. Qu'il a sans doute ses lacunes et ses faiblesses mais qu'il a ses forces et son expertise. Je répondrai que certains Glorieux ont réussi à avoir la peau de coachs qui ont mené leur équipe à la finale de la Coupe Stanley ou qui ont mérité le titre d'entraîneur de l'année.
I like how he does not develop this...I mean, I'm pretty sure he couldn't make a list to back up his point.

And Réjean Tremblay is an absolute ****** and has a **** opinion on everything...

P.S. And as for Tremblay saying this team has no leaders...What do you expect? The guy hates Koïvu with a passion.

Old
03-07-2009, 11:40 AM
Newhabfan

This is a Bizarro world...Rejaune Tremblay defending the Habs coach ? Wow - I though I heard everything. It's probably a scheme to bash the higher levels and / or the players more easily....

Old
03-07-2009, 11:41 AM
NewHabsEra*

one of his rare lucid article for a while.. he is absolutely right, more and more players want Carbo's head.. Thats obvious.. But they wont have it.. Another game like yesterday and Kovalev is done wearing that jersey, what will clean a large part of the problem...

Old
03-07-2009, 11:46 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

He's saying Carbo has a lousy team in his hands and that's not his fault. Well yea but the whole organisation has the players they wanted in the line-up. I wouldn't gotten all these softies that's for sure. But it's Carbo himself that wasn't interested in having guys that get dirty.

Old
03-07-2009, 11:51 AM
habtastic

I agree with him partially cuz I think Carbo does what he can and if the players followed him, it would work, but certainly Koivu is a great leader and i guess a matter of time before somebody called out Komi for the practice scrum (which as wel all know meant nothing). I am a supporter of Carbo...yes...still, cuz most of the time it's the players who I am cursing for making the most maudite defensive play or missing a wide -open net. It's not his job to baby sit their psyche so Trembley is right on that point. He needs players who will go out and play like warriors.

Old
03-07-2009, 11:53 AM
korky00

actually...this article is way more of a Koivu Bashing than a Carbo lovefest if you read carefully....

Tremblay just entered the : 7 coaches 1 captain campaign that JC Lajoie started a week or so ago...

Old
03-07-2009, 11:54 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
I agree with him partially cuz I think Carbo does what he can and if the players followed him, it would work, but certainly Koivu is a great leader and i guess a matter of time before somebody called out Komi for the practice scrum (which as wel all know meant nothing). I am a supporter of Carbo...yes...still, cuz most of the time it's the players who I am cursing for making the most maudite defensive play or missing a wide -open net. It's not his job to baby sit their psyche so Trembley is right on that point. He needs players who will go out and play like warriors.
Carbo=Mario Tremblay. Both without any head-coaching experiences at any levels. Both having some success for a while, then dropping. Both having personal peeve against some players.

Réjean is in love with Carbo, but was crapping all over Mario. Why ?

Old
03-07-2009, 11:57 AM
Captain Saku

I hate everything Rejean Trembley writes or says.

Old
03-07-2009, 11:58 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by korky00 View Post
actually...this article is way more of a Koivu Bashing than a Carbo lovefest if you read carefully....

Tremblay just entered the : 7 coaches 1 captain campaign that JC Lajoie started a week or so ago...
He should be patient because Koivu is gonna leave next July for Minnesota.

Old
03-07-2009, 12:01 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:

seriously this is a terrible argument.

They can say whatever they want, the fact is, 3 GMS and 6 or 7 coaches while Koivu the captain.... 3 GMs and none of them wanted to trade this warrior, it could be very easy for either of the 3 just to trade Koivu... but all of them loved koivu, even the coaches, listen to claude julien speaking after our elimination in 2004 from Tampa saying that Koivu is a true leader and a true warrior playing injured...

They can all eat crap and they can say whatever they want, truth is they're just a bunch of ******** morons

Old
03-07-2009, 12:03 PM
MicroFracture

Yeah, so much for defending carbo and saying that this team has no heart and doesn't care.

Do you think Koivu likes to lose? That Plekanec, Higgins, D'Ags, Pax like to lose too? Even if Kovy floats and hogs on the puck, don't you think he hates losing too? And our player who hates losing the most is probably Komisarek, and Higgins, bash him all you want, loves this team.

They don't work? People have been saying this since the beginning of the year as an excuse to defend Carbo. I'll tell you : they work. In Atlanta and most other games, I saw an effort. What I see is a team who works, but doesn't work well at all. There's no coherence, no offensive power and chemistry, and a very nervous defence and two young goalies. Still, this team proved last year that they were good and could do it. We're worth much more than how we play at the moment. Stop whining that this team is constituted of terrible players ; we're struggling and losing as a team. We have good pieces in place. What we don't get is results. And it's Carbo's fault.

Fire him already if you want to save the season Bob. We won't go far in the playoffs, but could we at least manage to avoid the humiliation of missing the playoffs? Or do you want that Atlanta 3rd round pick?

Old
03-07-2009, 12:03 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiascov View Post
I don't like it and I'm from Brossard.

I hate everything Rejean Trembley writes or says.
Me too. The guy should stick to write soaps from now on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrissHiggins View Post
Yeah, so much for defending carbo and saying that this team has no heart and doesn't care.

Do you think Koivu likes to lose? That Plekanec, Higgins, D'Ags, Pax like to lose too? Even if Kovy floats and hogs on the puck, don't you think he hates losing too? And our player who hates losing the most is probably Komisarek, and Higgins, bash him all you want, loves this team.

They don't work? People have been saying this since the beginning of the year as an excuse to defend Carbo. I'll tell you : they work. In Atlanta and most other games, I saw an effort. What I see is a team who works, but doesn't work well at all. There's no coherence, no offensive power and chemistry, and a very nervous defence and two young goalies. Still, this team proved last year that they were good and could do it. We're worth much more than how we play at the moment. Stop whining that this team is constituted of terrible players ; we're struggling and losing as a team. We have good pieces in place. What we don't get is results. And it's Carbo's fault.

Fire him already if you want to save the season Bob. We won't go far in the playoffs, but could we at least manage to avoid the humiliation of missing the playoffs? Or do you want that Atlanta 3rd round pick?
YES !

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 03-08-2009 at 12:18 PM.
Old
03-07-2009, 12:06 PM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Stupid as usual.

Old
03-07-2009, 12:07 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

What a loser.

You want to say we give up on coaches too easily? I think we hire bad coaches too consistently.

Even Julien, who you Carbo defenders were using as some sort of evidence for Carbo being somewhat competant, is having a tough time now.

Guys like that will have success for a bit, but they don't adapt.

Carbo's biggest flaw is his inability to adapt. Other teams figured us out in the playoffs, but Carbo hasn't seemed to realize that.

Last edited by Majik1987: 03-07-2009 at 12:11 PM. Reason: flaming
Old
03-07-2009, 12:12 PM
ScherbakAttack

I wonder if Gainey will break the chain.

I was checking the list of Habs coaches on wikipedia and they usually last ~3years, at least in the past few decades.

Old
03-07-2009, 12:14 PM
Doctor House

Quote:

I like Koivu but he's not vocal enough - he's just too good of a guy. I hate Tremblay with all my being but he's right this time- who on this has the gravitas to raise their voice and call players out?

Old
03-07-2009, 12:15 PM
x-bob

It is hard to disagree with him but I don't think that firing all those coachs was the wrong decision. I think that the problem lies in hiring those coaches. Since the team is settled in Quebec, the organization feels forced to hire only french speaking coaches, however, there aren't many to go around. It's like if we would only sign or trade for french speaking players. There is a smaller pool of possibilities which means less quality and quantity to chose from. It's only normal that for the last 10 years we have been hiring rookie coaches who don't have the experience to bring the team to the next level of competitivness.

Once the fans, media and organizationa accept the fact that this team does not necessarly need a french speaking coach, then they will have many more possible candidates for the job and we will finaly see a coach with experience at the head of our team.

Old
03-07-2009, 12:16 PM
x-bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
What a loser.

You want to say we give up on coaches too easily? I think we hire bad coaches too consistently.

Even Julien, who you Carbo defenders were using as some sort of evidence for Carbo being somewhat competant, is having a tough time now.

Guys like that will have success for a bit, but they don't adapt.

Carbo's biggest flaw is his inability to adapt. Other teams figured us out in the playoffs, but Carbo hasn't seemed to realize that.
I find myself agreeing with you more often then not walffedave. We are being outcoached on a constant basis. It's not necessarly a problem in the regular season but once we get to the playoffs, it becomes a huge disadvantage

Old
03-07-2009, 12:18 PM
Ncrdrg

Send a message via AIM to Ncrdrg Send a message via MSN to Ncrdrg
As usual, this buffoon is always on the wrong side of the issue. Clearly a way to detract the accusations to blame Koivu. Tremblay is a pathetic human being.
Not that I would resign Koivu either since the team doesn't show leadership at all and he's the captain.
But when he says "Carbo can't rely talk to any leader because there's none", he forgets that Carbo doesn't even talk to them anyway.

Old
03-07-2009, 12:19 PM
goalchenyuk

Very good article from Tremblay ( and really , i am not a fan of him ).

Last edited by Blind Gardien: 03-07-2009 at 04:52 PM.
Old
03-07-2009, 12:39 PM
MTL-rules

I'm not from St-Leonard or the West Island and Tremblay is just protecting his little friend Carbonneau, that's all...

I'm sick and tired of the comparaison between what happened to Therrien, Vigneault and Julien and the status of Carbonneau...

These 3 guys were professionnal coaches who worked for years behind the bench at every possible level before becoming a head coach in the NHL...

Carbonneau is a player who tried to recycle himself as a coach... you want a real comparaison, go look for Mario Tremblay... a career assistant coach, at best, who was terrible as a head coach...

Old
03-07-2009, 12:47 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:

you really don't get it .

" «Ce qui est terrible pour Guy Carbonneau, c'est qu'il n'a pas de leaders dans le vestiaire vers qui il peut se tourner. Il n'a pas de Vincent Damphousse ou de Guy Carbonneau comme j'en avais», a dit Demers. Et Bergeron, avec ses Nordiques, pouvait quitter son vestiaire une demi-heure avant le début d'un match en sachant que les Stastny ou Dale Hunter allaient prendre soin des joueurs. Et que si quelqu'un manquait de détermination, ils allaient lui parler dans le blanc des yeux. "

Those players were backing their coaches . They were working WITH him and were doing what was needed to keep the players going in the same direction . Those players were close to the coach and they were clearly buying the system .

Even if he leads by his work on the ice , Koivu never did anything to protect one of his coaches of being fired , by showing he was on the side of the coach .

The article isn't againts Koivu but about the lack of that kind of leadership .

Old
03-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
I don't like it, but apparently it's because I was born in the West-Island.

Old
03-07-2009, 12:52 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Mario Tremblay was atrocious as a coach and even Rejean was criticizing him back in the days, until Mario confronted him on live radio. Now he's defending him?..

Julien was fired from NJ when his team was 2nd in East. We'll see how good he'll be in POs this year.
Therrien got fired from a team that had Malkin/Crosby/Staal among others.
Vigneault was on the verge of getting fired numerous times in Vancouver.
Carbo has his flaws too. In his first season, I don't think he used a Time Out once. There's so many bad things we can say about Carbo, I wouldn't know where to start.

Coaches that won Stanley Cups even get fired. It's not because your system worked one year, that it'll work every year. It's not because your lines worked one season, that they'll work forever. Carbo failed to recognize this. ''You're only as good as your last game'' is the saying. Clearly RT doesn't know it.

As for the lack of leadership, he has no idea what goes on in dressing room. Last year we were a team proning ''team toughness'', nobody was questioning the ''leadership''.
Koivu's lack of interference in the Komi/Lappy event is completely irrelevant. Nobody knows what it was about and Schneider/Laraque were cracking up when they intervened.

Rejean is too stupid to realize pretty much every coach that was under Koivu came in without any experience. But yea, let's just put the blame on Koivu instead..
Let's blame him because we never won a cup either.

I didn't want Carbo to get fired. I think we need consistency behind the bench. But if we turn out not making the PO which is a very plausible scenario, Carbo will have very little support.

And ya, Bob Gainey made up Jaro's flu because he wanted Price in nets. BG was always one to make things up to escape the media : what the hell is this fatso talking about??
BG doesn't care today who nets as long as we win. We're about 15Games out and if Halak is the main man, then he'll net. There's a reason why he kept him instead of trade him for a Veteran like many wanted, but Rejean is just used to drama so he can't figure that one out.

Last edited by Blind Gardien: 03-07-2009 at 04:53 PM.
Closed Thread