HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Should they stay or should they go?

Old
03-06-2009, 11:50 PM
2yotesfans88

vCash: 500
Should they stay or should they go?

Just wanted to get some feedback on what you guys thought. seeing the new faces on the team got me thinking about the UFAS and RFAS coming up this year. we could see a TON of new faces in yotes jerseys. or maybe not. so heres the list.

Reinprect-UFA 2mil cap hit - hes a tough one. they could have prob got a pretty good trade for him so that makes me think he will be back. i think if mueller or turris had a strong season he might have been sent away. he will be 33...

Lisin-RFA- 790k cap hit-i think you keep him. we are obviously going with speed and not many are faster than enver. hes done better and better every season without getting tons of ice time. the kids sits alot. next year could be a big break out season. also hes only 22.

Winnik-RFA- 530k cap hit-I really hate to see him go but this season has been left alot to be desired. hes not getting ice time. when he does hes just not putting a strong game together. there was an inteview with him where he said he lost his identity a bit. hes right. and with guys like Prucha and upshall here i dont see him sticking around.

Prucha-RFA- 340 cap hit now but sal of 1.6mil.- i say sign him asap. premature of course but the guy shows HEART. every shift ive seen him play has been full out hit the net. if he plays like that with the amount of ice time he will see with the yotes i
dont doubt he could see 30+ goals next season.

Linstrom-RFA-cap hit of 340- we may see him go...i hope not. hes pretty soild and will only get better. also his passing...he reads his players well. he needs to tighten up his D but that will come with time also.

Upshall-RFA cap hit of 260 now but 1.2 mil sal- i totally expect him to be on the team next season. we need some grit without FEDORUK. Upshall has great hands and thats what the yotes need.

McGrattan-UFA 215cap hit but 600k sal- bye bye. i cannot imagine he will be back.

Dawes-RFA 125caphit but 580k sal- another guy with great hands and sound fundementals. hes a steal at 2xs his current sal. hes exactly what we need. hes 23 and plays like hes 29. great composure from what ive seen.

Goertzen-RFA-112cap hit 475k sal- hmmm he confuses me. he plays hard. that last fight was pretty sad. acutally his last 2 fights were horrible. he shouldnt drop the gloves. but at 24 is it worth it to have down in the ahl?

Murray-RFA- 475sal under 100k cap hit. another guy with great grit but is he ever going to elevate his game above the AHL level?

Hoggan-UFA- 500k sal like a 25k cap hit- do we really need to pay a 30yrold a half a mil to sit down in the ahl? he has great grit plays hard but we already have enough of that.

Nikulin-RFA- 725k sal under a 25k cap hit for us- is he a head case? have you ever read his blog back in russia? im thinking he heads back home after this season.

Yandle-RFA 800k cap hit- we have to have him. we would be insane not to keep him. are there better Dmen out there. yes. but keep in mind Keith is only 21! hes FAR from his best hockey.

Klee-UFA-1.25mil sal- Klee, the wall. seriously they HAVE TO SIGN HIM! it sickens me Hale has one more year on his contract and Klee is a UFA. at 37 hes a rock. if he doesnt say im done they would be crazy not to have him...if not just to mentor guys like Ahnelov schlemko and Yandle.

Kalinin-UFA 2.1mil sal- jury is still out but if it means no hale i say get him on the roster. i dont know much about him but from what ive seen he seems pretty soild and knows when to jump into a play.

Tordjman-RFA- 525 sal 100k cap hit this year- i would think he would be back.hes put in his time in SA its time to see if he can be a good back up. it would be nice to see him play a good 6 or 7 games by seasons end.

so what do you guys think? right now the yotes have about 11mil of cap space. with new investors/ owners theres a ton of room to make moves and add names. i know its really early to be thinking about ufas and rfas but what the heck want to see what you think.

Last edited by 2yotesfans88: 03-06-2009 at 11:56 PM.
2yotesfans88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 12:05 AM
Bandit34

Reinprect-NO
Lisin-YES
Winnik-YES, I really like him
Prucha-NO, really depends how much.
Lindstrom-NO, really depends how much.
Upshall-YES, I really like him
McGrattan-NO
Dawes-YES
Goertzen-YES
Murray-YES
Hoggan-YES
Nikulin-NO
Yandle-HELL YES
Klee-YES
Kalinin-NO
Tordjman-YES

Bandit34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 12:14 AM
2yotesfans88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit34 View Post
Reinprect-NO
Lisin-YES
Winnik-YES, I really like him
Prucha-NO, really depends how much.
Lindstrom-NO, really depends how much.
Upshall-YES, I really like him
McGrattan-NO
Dawes-YES
Goertzen-YES
Murray-YES
Hoggan-YES
Nikulin-NO
Yandle-HELL YES
Klee-YES
Kalinin-NO
Tordjman-YES

why no on kalinin? not that i disagree i dont know much about him. a coworker of mine is from NY and is a huge Rangers fan. he wasnt high on kalinin either. but i also knew some avs fans who didnt like sauer and he really plays well for phx

winnik...i keep telling myself hes just dealing with the same stuff the other 2nd yr guys are going thru.

Old
03-07-2009, 12:20 AM
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs

Reinprect-Yes (have to have some veterans)
Lisin-YES (needs to learn to play defense)
Winnik-Nope, sorry to say it but nope
Prucha-Yes, heart heart heart
Lindstrom-Yes
Upshall-YES, two games in and I really like him
McGrattan-Hell No
Dawes-YES, I like him too
Goertzen-Nope
Murray-AHL'er
Hoggan-AHL'er
Nikulin-NO
Yandle-HELL YES
Klee-YES
Kalinin-undecided, need more than 2 games to make my opinion
Tordjman-YES (its either him or a FA)

Sindiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 12:22 AM
SniperHF
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2yotesfans88 View Post
winnik...i keep telling myself hes just dealing with the same stuff the other 2nd yr guys are going thru.
That excuse doesn't fly for Winnik for me. He is not a "skill player". His game was all effort, grit, and being in the right places. He's just not doing that this year and they are reasonably easy to replace.

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 12:33 AM
2yotesfans88

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
That excuse doesn't fly for Winnik for me. He is not a "skill player". His game was all effort, grit, and being in the right places. He's just not doing that this year and they are reasonably easy to replace.
your dead on...and thats been his prob all season hes not hitting the net hes been doing a good job diggin in the corners but....hes not in the right places. he drifts out of position and that means we lose the puck. and thats pretty much been every game hes played. thats why i think hes gone. there are too many guys who have his energy...ups for one.

Old
03-07-2009, 12:39 AM
2yotesfans88

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxHunter View Post
Reinprect-Yes (have to have some veterans)
Lisin-YES (needs to learn to play defense)
good point. we need some RETURNING vets.

ive come to the conclusion his d game isnt ever going to be strong. but this year hes done ALOT better at not taking stupid penalities because hes not in position on D. so thats step one. now hes got to get the positioning down. i really think Lombardi could help him with that part of his game. hes a fast guy who uses that speed to help get back and break up the forecheck.

Old
03-07-2009, 01:05 AM
hao chi

Reinprect- Yes (if he'll sign for a good price)
Lisin- Undecided. I like him, but he needs to learn defense.
Winnik- No. We don't really need him. I'll wish him luck though.
Prucha- Yes. I really like him so far, and we don't have enough players that are willing to crash the net and give their 100% every shift.
Lindstrom-Yes
Upshall-Yes, he's a good fit for this team.
McGrattan- HELL NO
Dawes-Probably, but I want to see him play more before deciding.
Goertzen- No, we don't need him.
Murray- No
Hoggan-No
Nikulin- No
Yandle- Does this even need to be asked?
Klee-Yes
Kalinin- Need to watch him more, but he could be a good signing for the right price.
Tordjman- Let's see how he does in a few games.

hao chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 01:30 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Reinprect-Depends on the terms
Lisin- Hell Yes
Winnik- Probably not
Prucha- Undecided
Lindstrom- Depends on the terms
Upshall- Yes
McGrattan- No
Dawes- Undecided
Goertzen- Probably not
Murray- Probably not
Hoggan- Probably not
Nikulin- No
Yandle- Hell Yes
Klee- Depends on the terms
Kalinin- Undecided
Tordjman- Undecided

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 01:51 AM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Reinprect-Depends
Lisin- Nope, but do a sign and trade, someone would want him. I'm begining to think he is a one dimensional player. If we do keep him, I'd give him half the season to take it up a notch or dangle him at the trade deadline.
Winnik- less enthusiastic, we got a lot from a late round pix.
Prucha- Yup
Lindstrom- Think he has gone stale. He is replaceable by Porter or Kolarik
Upshall- Yes
McGrattan- Whats the point?
Dawes- Yes
Goertzen- nope, unless we need bodies to fill the untalented goon squad in SA<.
Murray- why?
Hoggan- not
Nikulin- Worthless, although his talents as a Russian translator may come in handy for Goncherov
Yandle- Obvious
Klee- less than a mill and a 1 yr. I think he could get 2 years on the open market
Kalinin- Got to see more but I'm liking. 22 min tonight and a 0 plus/ minus.
Tordjman- Well gotta see the guy play at least once.

TeamTippett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 01:56 AM
k1llua

Send a message via AIM to k1llua
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTurris View Post
Reinprect-Depends
Lisin- Nope, but do a sign and trade, someone would want him. I'm begining to think he is a one dimensional player. If we do keep him, I'd give him half the season to take it up a notch or dangle him at the trade deadline.
Winnik- less enthusiastic, we got a lot from a late round pix.
Prucha- Yup
Lindstrom- Think he has gone stale. He is replaceable by Porter or Kolarik
Upshall- Yes
McGrattan- Whats the point?
Dawes- Yes
Goertzen- nope, unless we need bodies to fill the untalented goon squad in SA<.
Murray- why?
Hoggan- not
Nikulin- Worthless, although his talents as a Russian translator may come in handy for Goncherov

Yandle- Obvious
Klee- less than a mill and a 1 yr. I think he could get 2 years on the open market
Kalinin- Got to see more but I'm liking. 22 min tonight and a 0 plus/ minus.
Tordjman- Well gotta see the guy play at least once.
We have two players who speak fluent Russian and English on the team right now.

k1llua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 02:04 AM
hao chi

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1llua View Post
We have two players who speak fluent Russian and English on the team right now.
Are you counting Lisin or Kalinin? I'm just asking because Kalinin is from Russia and I'm not too sure how fluent Lisin is because I've only heard him speak once this season.

Old
03-07-2009, 02:09 AM
k1llua

Send a message via AIM to k1llua
Quote:
Originally Posted by hao chi View Post
Are you counting Lisin or Kalinin? I'm just asking because Kalinin is from Russia and I'm not too sure how fluent Lisin is because I've only heard him speak once this season.
I forgot about Kalinin. I didn't say Lisin because I'm not too sure exactly where his English is. Tikhonov and Bryz are undoubtedly fluent in both languages.

k1llua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 02:19 AM
hao chi

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1llua View Post
I forgot about Kalinin. I didn't say Lisin because I'm not too sure exactly where his English is. Tikhonov and Bryz are undoubtedly fluent in both languages.
I actually forgot about Tikhonov. It's easy to forget he's Russian since he grew up in the States and doesn't have a Russian accent.

Old
03-07-2009, 02:36 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Man how do you give up on Lisin so quickly? He's still so young and he improves every season. DM wants skill and speed, that IS Lisin. I know about the defensive issues but I think you take the good with the bad and hope with time improves. Besides, so far Lisin is about the only player on the Yotes that has the "wow" factor.

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 03:12 AM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

I see that everyone is a Klee fan now. Cool.

Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 10:20 AM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Man how do you give up on Lisin so quickly? He's still so young and he improves every season. DM wants skill and speed, that IS Lisin. I know about the defensive issues but I think you take the good with the bad and hope with time improves. Besides, so far Lisin is about the only player on the Yotes that has the "wow" factor.
I don't know about "give up quickly" he's been here 2 1/2 - 3 years in N. America. The complaint 3 years ago was NO DEFENSE, whats the complaint 3 years later NO DEFENSE. Thats why I suggest he is a 1 dimensional player. He's fast as a bolt of lightning, has better than average hands but doesn't shoot enough. You can't put him on the PK, he really does not do the PP. So what role does he suffice for? I think we acquired 3 other guys that are more versatile that are almost as quick. I love the kid, but all I am saying is it not conceivable he has maxed out his potential and has more to offer in a trade with intrinsic value?

Plus if next year it looks like their will be much more completion to make the roster at forward, whats to say Enver gets pissed, if he doesn't make the team and decides to bolt back for Russia.

BTW I was being sarcastic on a role Nikulin could fill, as if he isn't good enough for one on the ice.

Last edited by TeamTippett: 03-07-2009 at 10:40 AM.
Old
03-07-2009, 10:39 AM
zyllyx
STH Hipster

Reinprecht-YES, if he can be signed cheaply
Lisin-YES, but only on a one-year deal
Winnik-NO, unless we can sign him to a two-way deal
Prucha-YES YES YES
Lindstrom-NO, he's tumbled down the depth chart lately
Upshall-YES
McGrattan-NO
Dawes-YES
Goertzen-YES, on two-way deal for SA
Murray-YES, on two-way deal for SA
Hoggan-YES, on two-way deal for SA
Nikulin-NO
Yandle-YES
Klee-NO, unless we can get him for cheap
Kalinin-NO
Tordjman-YES

zyllyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:28 AM
2yotesfans88

Quote:
has better than average hands but doesn't shoot enough.
I have to disagree... until the trade deadline Lisin was 5th on the team with 98shots in only 43games!! at 2.27shots per game if he played a full 65games this season he would have 148 shots 2nd on the team...figuring he only sees about 12min on the ice every night i think he shoots just fine.

as for his D. its known hes going to be week. but you have to admit you dont see lisin getting those stupid hooking calls becasue hes not staying with his guy. it will come. hes never going to be a defensive bonus...but you can minimize the damage.

i think his growth from last season to this has been great. speed and hands have all gotten better.

Old
03-07-2009, 01:41 PM
omnimutant

Reinprect - Keep until we can replace him with better talent
Lisin - Keep
Winnik - Keep
Prucha - Keep
Lindstrom - Keep
Upshall - Unsure (like the effort need more time to evaluate)
McGrattan - Unsure
Dawes - Dump
Goertzen - Dump
Murray - Unsure
Hoggan - Dump
Nikulin - Unsure
Yandle - Keep
Klee - Keep till something better comes along
Kalinin - Dump (I like his effort but it doesn't seem to pay off)
Tordjman - Reserved till I see him play

omnimutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 02:19 PM
ShootThePuckCoyotes

Quote:
I don't know about "give up quickly" he's been here 2 1/2 - 3 years in N. America. The complaint 3 years ago was NO DEFENSE, whats the complaint 3 years later NO DEFENSE. Thats why I suggest he is a 1 dimensional player. He's fast as a bolt of lightning, has better than average hands but doesn't shoot enough. You can't put him on the PK, he really does not do the PP. So what role does he suffice for? I think we acquired 3 other guys that are more versatile that are almost as quick. I love the kid, but all I am saying is it not conceivable he has maxed out his potential and has more to offer in a trade with intrinsic value?

Plus if next year it looks like their will be much more completion to make the roster at forward, whats to say Enver gets pissed, if he doesn't make the team and decides to bolt back for Russia.

BTW I was being sarcastic on a role Nikulin could fill, as if he isn't good enough for one on the ice.
Maybe I am crazy but how many guys on our team can score? I think scoring goals is our biggest problem and damit if you would put Lisin on something other than the 4th line for more than a few games at a time I bet he would score goals. And as far as him shooting the puck he is one of the few players that does this on a consistant basis.

ShootThePuckCoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 02:40 PM
hao chi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootThePuckCoyotes View Post
Maybe I am crazy but how many guys on our team can score? I think scoring goals is our biggest problem and damit if you would put Lisin on something other than the 4th line for more than a few games at a time I bet he would score goals. And as far as him shooting the puck he is one of the few players that does this on a consistant basis.
I'm expecting Turris, Boedker, Mueller, Tikhonov, and maybe Hanzal to be more consistent goal scorers next season, and we have some new players who might be good goal scorers for us. So I don't think offense will be as big of a problem next year for this team, and we won't need Lisin as much as we have at times this year.

I'd love to keep Lisin if his defensive play would improve, but he's probably getting fed up with this team anyways and I won't be surprised if he wants to leave.

Old
03-07-2009, 02:46 PM
MP

Keep Rhino, Prucha, Dawes, Upshall, Yandle, no questions asked.

Kalinin can have Hale's spot. For the love of the baby Jesus, Don, please buy out Hale's contract. Please.

Lisin gets one more year on a two-way contract to show that he can become a well-rounded player who can go really fast, rather than just a -18 player who can go really fast (with the typical result being a shot fired squarely into the goalie's pads). There's no denying that he's been good at times, and that's why I keep him... for now.

Give Tordjman some NHL games--consecutively--to see how he holds up. If he plays well, keep him. A GAA below 3 may be too much to ask, but his sv% should be at least in the neighborhood of .900 over a given span. If nothing else, we need to see if he can back up Bryzgalov next year, or if a UFA needs to be signed.

The rest can sign to two-way contracts if they want, but I wouldn't be heartbroken to lose any of them. I'm not quite ready to give up on Winnik and Lindstrom, but Maloney should retain the option to demote them if they don't play up to par.

MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 02:47 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootThePuckCoyotes View Post
the kid has had 1st line time as well 4th line time. if he was more versatel beyond just break-out situations, then he could get some PP or PK time. But in reality if you can't do special teams your TOI will be limited.

like 90% of his gaols are scored off a stretch pass break-out. Which is has proven to be very dangerous on. But IF (& I'm not declaring that this has to be so) this is the max of Lisin's effectiveness he will always have limited TOI.

Last edited by TeamTippett: 03-07-2009 at 02:54 PM.
Old
03-07-2009, 02:55 PM
ShootThePuckCoyotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by hao chi View Post
I'm expecting Turris, Boedker, Mueller, Tikhonov, and maybe Hanzal to be more consistent goal scorers next season, and we have some new players who might be good goal scorers for us. So I don't think offense will be as big of a problem next year for this team, and we won't need Lisin as much as we have at times this year.

I'd love to keep Lisin if his defensive play would improve, but he's probably getting fed up with this team anyways and I won't be surprised if he wants to leave.
That is some pretty high expectations...I just don't get it. Why get rid of the guy who has proven that when given a fair chance can score on the chance that all these guys will? He might not pan out but I just have a feeling that we would REALLY regret it if we let him go.

I am also tired of the "he wants to go back to Russia" thing. He clearly wants to play here. Why doesn't Tiki get the same treatment? The only reason he is playing in the NHL now is because he WILL go back to Russia if faced with the AHL. Lisin did a full year in the AHL, paid his dues and is still not given a fair shake.

I believe that the team is far more entertaining with Lisin on it than not. If we are going to suck I want to be entertained.

ShootThePuckCoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote