HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Halak Unhappy?

Old
03-07-2009, 11:07 AM
HCH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
For Christ's sake! Do people really believe the **** that they're writing here?

Had it not been true, why would Halak been left in Montreal to start the trip?

You are a little over the top with your rebuttals. Why shouldn't some posters want Halak to start without having you jump down their throats with four letter expletives.

A little civilized debate with some logic on both sides would be a lot more positive than arms waving and screaming about injustices on both sides.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:12 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hub City Hab View Post
You are a little over the top with your rebuttals. Why shouldn't some posters want Halak to start without having you jump down their throats with four letter expletives.

A little civilized debate with some logic on both sides would be a lot more positive than arms waving and screaming about injustices on both sides.
Instead of giving free advice, you should read the posts. The member I'm quoting is suggesting that Halak wasn't ill in order to drive his paranoia point across.

A little common-sense also goes a long way.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:17 AM
Lucius

Did anyone in this thread actually WATCH last night's game.

...you know, where Price was by far the best Hab on the ice?

That game.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:21 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports1131 View Post
If Halak was feeling well enough to play at the top of his game he should be upset. I'm not going to be too hard on Carbo for this since I think he was only trying to give him a little bit of extra recovery time, but if Halak doesn't play in Dallas we're going to lose him.

Price now has 7 straight loses

Halak 5 straight wins

Is this the time of the season to try to kick start a goalie who is in a downward spiral?Your 2 pts in a playoff spot doesnt seem like that the wise thing to do .I understand Price needs to get back on the horse at some point to try to work thru this "slump" but again figure that out when you got a spot secured.

if Halak was healthy he would be between the pipe even last night if it was up to me .

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 03-07-2009 at 11:26 AM.
Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:23 AM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredman View Post
In 06-07, he was the best goaltender in the AHL. He gets called up at the end of the season, win many games and almost bring the team in the playoffs. Then, for the last game, they decide to put Huet back in nets... and we know how it ended.

Then, the team then decides to NOT send him back for the playoffs in the AHL, the team he has brought into the playoffs... and they decide to give Price the nets. Price then leads the team to the calder cup...

In 07-08, the team decides for some reasons to send Halak back in the AHL to make room for Price as the backup of Huet. From what I remember, that's not because Price played better at the training camp, but mostly because Gainey wanted his guy in nets. He only gets a few games after Huet gets traded at the end of the season... after having another great season in the AHL.

In 08-09, he starts the year as the backup of Price. Price then starts to play bad after the ASG and Halak wins some games in a row by himself. He gets sick and then lose his spot on front of the nets.

I would be unhappy in his situation too... he is treated unfairly by the team.
This team does that to allot of players.

AllCanadienFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:23 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post

That game.
That's too bad for Price, Halak was the #1 before he went down and he should still be #1 unless he starts to **** the bed like Price has for a couple of months.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:25 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post

That game.
doesn't matter still way to much risk .And the end result was the same .the loss is a loss no matter how well you play and 2 more losses in a row .

Im not saying Halak in net means we win either game in Buffalo or Last night but the players you would think would be thinking oh no how many is Price going to let in tonight and play different opposed to Halak standing on his head ala" Huet" and players knowing he probably bails them out .

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:26 AM
Thinkbig

Of course everybody will prefer Price over Halak because we sacrificed a first rounder for him , he's bigger and he is ... Canadian.

But, for now, give credit where its due. Halak deserves to be our temporary #1 goalie.

Thinkbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:26 AM
x-bob

Halak should be in nets there is no reason for it not to be him. He has been stellar in his last 4 games while price has only been good in his last game.

x-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:37 AM
habtastic

remember two games ago, everyone was at a consensus (or at least I thought):
-no matter how well price plays, when Halak comes back he gets the start

i thought he didn't play cuz he wasn't 100% over the flu, not because they chose Price over Halak. I guess he wanted to play even slightly sick.

Price was terrific last night, but I can understand why Jaro was pissed.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:38 AM
malton

Quote:
In 06-07, he was the best goaltender in the AHL. He gets called up at the end of the season, win many games and almost bring the team in the playoffs. Then, for the last game, they decide to put Huet back in nets... and we know how it ended.

I think you and many fans are forgetting the game before against the Rangers when Halak let in 3 terrible goals and we lost 3-1 while outplaying them. So the decision to play Huet (who led the team all year) was the obvious one.

malton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:40 AM
Fire Everyone
Especially you

Quote:
Originally Posted by smon View Post
Price was apparently quite good last night but the team was actually winning with Halak.
Yeah, 'cause Halak was the one scoring those goals.

Price couldn't have done much more than he did last night. He allowed one tiny little goal.

Fire Everyone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:42 AM
Row*

Good to hear a hab having that kind of attitude. Halak wants to play, win, and show he has what it takes to be a #1 goalie.

He's a young guy with a big future ahead of him, he doesn't want to be a backup by default. This kind of thing isn't bad at all if you have two young guys competing for starts.

I'm conflicted on who should start, good reason to go with either one. I'd give the edge to Price though, as he played great in atlanta and the team let him down, not starting him next game almost seems to blame him for the loss, which is not something you want do portray when he may be finally getting back on his game.

Row* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by malton View Post
I think you and many fans are forgetting the game before against the Rangers when Halak let in 3 terrible goals and we lost 3-1 while outplaying them. So the decision to play Huet (who led the team all year) was the obvious one.
If it was Halak in net, alot of people would be saying Carbo should have put Huet.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fire Everyone
Especially you

Quote:
Originally Posted by malton View Post
So the decision to play Huet (who led the team all year) was the obvious one.
It wasn't.

Halak hadn't been great in Huet's absence, but Huet had missed, what, two months due to injury? Halak was the obvious choice because Huet was simply too rusty to be played in such a crucial game.

Fire Everyone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:43 AM
flappuck

Halak still wasn't 100% so he didn't play against Atlanta. No problem there.

Should Halak be in nets against Dallas? Most probably.
Do we know if he'll be in yet? No

So why say that Halak is getting the shaft since we don't know yet?

flappuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:44 AM
otto bond

One major thing people forget about the two.
Price comes in has the savior and that's major pressure. Halak could not do better in the beginning of the year in that same pressure cooker. Halak comes in with a fresh mind, all he did was able to get in a bubble and it's now paying off. I like Halak but you will see after a brutal start, after reporters gang up on him and becomes in the spot light. Price has had better games then halak. Halak's past four games has been a mix of lucky bounce, easy routine shots, terrible rebounds( could explain some of the extra shots) and yes some key saves. I'm not sold on Halak. The one thing he has on Price is maturity. Once Price learns to block this circus, he will be fine. Having said all of this, if Halak is still hot come playoff time and if we are still in, he has to be the go to guy.

Either way, if a cup in in the story, it features a goalie has the main character.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:45 AM
Habitants

at this point i dont really care which goalie plays, im more concerned about the players SCORING goals on the other team!!

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Newhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tout ptit View Post
So why say that Halak is getting the shaft since we don't know yet?
Because it's fun and fuels this thread ? And all because he raised his hands while talking to the coach.

From now on habs players will be instructed to be careful not only about their declarations but also about their gestures and "body language" - The enemy is watching !

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Admaker

Quote:

Then, the team then decides to NOT send him back for the playoffs in the AHL, the team he has brought into the playoffs... and they decide to give Price the nets. Price then leads the team to the calder cup...

In 07-08, the team decides for some reasons to send Halak back in the AHL to make room for Price as the backup of Huet. From what I remember, that's not because Price played better at the training camp, but mostly because Gainey wanted his guy in nets. He only gets a few games after Huet gets traded at the end of the season... after having another great season in the AHL.

In 08-09, he starts the year as the backup of Price. Price then starts to play bad after the ASG and Halak wins some games in a row by himself. He gets sick and then lose his spot on front of the nets.

I would be unhappy in his situation too... he is treated unfairly by the team.

Okay if you are going to bash Gainey's decisions you should at least get your facts straight!

If you remember correctly that year Gainey decided to let Halak play for his country in the world cup as he saw that Halak could very benefit form the international experience and because Halak asked permission to go. At the time Danis was still with Bulldogs to start the playoffs. Then once Tri-City was eliminated from the WHL playoffs Gainey signed Price to entry level contract so he could play in Hamilton for a couple of regular season games and for the playoffs and gather valuable experience. And then at that point Danis ended backing Price up because Price was playing some amazing hockey.

So before you go and make assumptions, look it up!

Here is the link to see Halak in the line-up for Slovakia in the 2007 world cup!
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/indepth/fea...keyworlds.html

Admaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:46 AM
Twisted Tales
H.A.M.

vCash: 2598
Honestly, though, Halak has not been fairly treated since he became the backup in Montreal. I understand that Price is your number one, and he will be a good goalie soon, but Halak should be playing much much more right now. I am quite surprised that Halak did not request a trade. Or did he? Especially that game in Vancouver several weeks ago. I mean, halak is playing well and Carbo decides to take him out and put Price in the third period because HIS FAMILY/RELATIVES ARE THERE. What the ****! That is horrible coaching. I don't mean to bash, because this is not what I am trying to do. I'm just telling it the way I see it.
Bottom line: you go with the hotter goalie. Halak deserves to play much more and be fairly treated.

Twisted Tales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Boo-****ing-hoo! Fans aren't happy!
The majority of habs fans are never happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Price should start, he played really well against Atlanta.
He did, so should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
I rather he be pissed and want to play then have a who cares attitude.
Exactly

I think people should be more worried about the fact that our forwards/d haven't put in a complete, solid game for... 20 some games now.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
at this point i dont really care which goalie plays, im more concerned about the players SCORING goals on the other team!!
This belongs in the fire the coach thread.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:50 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
I see Halak a bit like a Streit character. He knows he has the ability but won't complain about how he's being used, team player. He dominated the AHL for 3 seasons. Last year, were he on any other team he'd have made the team easily. Still got sent down, never complained. I hope this guy becomes an All-Star goalie with a huge contract someday, even if it won't be with us.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:52 AM
Row*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins77 View Post
Halak deserves to play much more and be fairly treated.
He'll be a #1 goalie, just not in Montreal, and I'll be happy for him when it happens.

Row* is offline   Reply With Quote